[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yeah! <3

I'm trying it right now and I think I found a small incosistence in the Algae Farm converter of the Aquaculture Module. Your comment in the .cfg says "Supports 1x 3.75m Greenhouse -> 12 kerbals", but in game it only produces half of what is needed to do it. I simply changed its conversionRate from 1 to 2.01 (like the 3.75m Greenhouse) and now it works flawlessly. :wink:

On 2/15/2018 at 10:42 PM, Wyzard said:

I just noticed that SSPXr doesn't include the "Illuminator Mk3" surface-mounted light that was in the earlier SSPX.  I never really used that as a station part, but it's pretty useful on spaceplanes, e.g. next to a mk2 docking port to illuminate whatever you're trying to dock with.  Please consider bringing it back in a future update.  :-)

But it was so uglyyyy.

8 hours ago, StevieC said:

one thing I must admit I miss from the old SSPX pack are the docking-modules that have built-in monoprop tanks.

Probably won't be coming back though.

@NerteaThis mod is fantastic! I have some suggestions to make it even better. The Mk1 Base Frame and every base cradle has those white parts on the side. Those should be toggleable, and the bigger base frames should also have it toggleable. There should be base cradles with 4 legs, just 2 next to eachother. And the base frames should have built in extendable ladders. And the science labs should carry a bit of electricity, and some batteries of this mod's style would be nice. Maybe the Fate Science Lab could alslo contain those little science experiments like the barometer, negative gravioli detector, fluid spectro-variometer, and accelerometer. 

Hi! First, awesome work! 

I love the modeling and the polishing, and the IVA's are a must :) impressive!

I just have one little comment lol^^, would it be possible to include space habitat variables to the centriguges? It does not count as living space in Kerbalism Continued, making the part quite useless in terms of life support functions.

Another thing (well apparently makes 2 comments^^), but i think is mostly due to Kerbalism Continued, is that the life support parts doesn't countain much quantity of food or water, but i assume is related to the consumption variable of Kerbalism that makes your parts not having that much quantities.

As an example, the largest container only contains food and oxygen for 30 days with 6 kerbals in the vessel, dunno if is the same concerning the other LS mods

But still, thanks soooo much for this amazing mod :)!

Sorry, but English is not my mother tongue. This is a wonderful mod. I use it in version 1.3.0 (there I have a big career and it is a pity to throw) and tried in version 1.3.1.

And in every version of I have one and the same the problem. It's inflatable modules for the crew and centrifuges. If I create a ship in VAB, I can check the operation of these modules: they are blown away and inflated.  But if you put the ship on the launch pad or into space, I can't deploy them. Even though there is the required number of engineers on the ship or at the station, which is then connected to the modules, a message is simply displayed that this is the number of engineers required.  This upsets me, as under the contract I put a large station with two inflatable habitable modules into Moon orbit, but I can't open them there and use them for the crew. My engineers can't do it from a ship like this with EVA.

I checked and I can't do anything with centrifuges either. If when building in the VAB inflating modules or the centrifuge and so to put on the pad, you probably will run into orbit. But then the whole point of this work is lost.

I can't figure out what the mistake is and why it doesn't work for me.

1 hour ago, Sokol_323 said:

Sorry, but English is not my mother tongue. This is a wonderful mod. I use it in version 1.3.0 (there I have a big career and it is a pity to throw) and tried in version 1.3.1.

And in every version of I have one and the same the problem. It's inflatable modules for the crew and centrifuges. If I create a ship in VAB, I can check the operation of these modules: they are blown away and inflated.  But if you put the ship on the launch pad or into space, I can't deploy them. Even though there is the required number of engineers on the ship or at the station, which is then connected to the modules, a message is simply displayed that this is the number of engineers required.  This upsets me, as under the contract I put a large station with two inflatable habitable modules into Moon orbit, but I can't open them there and use them for the crew. My engineers can't do it from a ship like this with EVA.

I checked and I can't do anything with centrifuges either. If when building in the VAB inflating modules or the centrifuge and so to put on the pad, you probably will run into orbit. But then the whole point of this work is lost.

I can't figure out what the mistake is and why it doesn't work for me.

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

I have been testing this myself in the last few days. I updated my stations to use some of the new parts, including the small centrifuge. I had launched as a test with a pilot, scientist, and engineer. It worked fine, the centrifuge inflated with no problems.

I noticed you did not mention if you had a pilot. I noticed that the station control modules say they require 1-2 pilots. Does this mean that if you do not have a pilot in the control pod, then you do not have control of the station, including the ability to inflate modules? I have not tested that yet.

Wow, the new parts are great!

I didn't even realize that the 1.25m parts are actually really close scale-wise to the early ISS components. Russian Zarya module is 4.1m in diameter at it's widest point (not counting solar panels). The SSPX 'Star' utility module, which has a 1.25m core but has the extra width from the flared bottom just like Zarya, is actually really close to a half scale Zarya. Coincidence? :D

I just kind of always went with 2.5m parts for any long lived stations, but this revelation that ISS is closer to 1.25 at kerbal scale opens up all kinds of opportunities.

'Star' module is on the far right with the solar panels attached.

DxcQJN0.png

Edited by Tyko

2 hours ago, Gilph said:

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

I have been testing this myself in the last few days. I updated my stations to use some of the new parts, including the small centrifuge. I had launched as a test with a pilot, scientist, and engineer. It worked fine, the centrifuge inflated with no problems.

I noticed you did not mention if you had a pilot. I noticed that the station control modules say they require 1-2 pilots. Does this mean that if you do not have a pilot in the control pod, then you do not have control of the station, including the ability to inflate modules? I have not tested that yet.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course, I have pilots at the station. Now there are three crews, one main mission, one rose from the surface of the moon, and the other arrived specifically to activate the new module. At the moment there are 3 pilots of 3 scientists and 2 engineers at the station. I want to deploy the module to 9 seats. Only 2 engineers are required to activate it. But for some reason it does not work. 

I have specifically created in VAB various options using command modules and inflatable modules and centrifuges. The withdrawal of such options on the launcher and experimented with them. In either case, the module is not activated. If the module is inflated in VAB, then on the pad you can blow it off. Or, for example, to fold the centrifuge. But back to activate will not work. And it does not depend on the number of pilots and engineers available.

TAC life support numbers seem wildly off compared to the stock containers.  I created an issue https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/issues/129 and worked up what I think the numbers should be.

@majNUN you apparently created the patch - can you take a look at this issue?  How did you arrive at the original numbers?

55 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Wow, the new parts are great!

I didn't even realize that the 1.25m parts are actually really close scale-wise to the early ISS components. Russian Zarya module is 4.1m in diameter at it's widest point (not counting solar panels). The SSPX 'Star' utility module, which has a 1.25m core but has the extra width from the flared bottom just like Zarya, is actually really close to a half scale Zarya. Coincidence? :D

I just kind of always went with 2.5m parts for any long lived stations, but this revelation that ISS is closer to 1.25 at kerbal scale opens up all kinds of opportunities.

'Star' module is on the far right with the solar panels attached.

DxcQJN0.png

A very beautiful station!

It is this variant of the mod that gives the possibility to design different variants of small but very functional stations. As part of the 1.25 m allow to do something similar to compartments for orbital spacecraft, with a specific functionality. This is similar to the orbital compartments of the ships of the Soyuz, which in 70-e years have flown quite often in offline mode. Although not really a line. Before that, I used a passenger cabin for 2 seats from the stock parts. But it has no function, only the transportation of passengers.

1 hour ago, Sokol_323 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Of course, I have pilots at the station. Now there are three crews, one main mission, one rose from the surface of the moon, and the other arrived specifically to activate the new module. At the moment there are 3 pilots of 3 scientists and 2 engineers at the station. I want to deploy the module to 9 seats. Only 2 engineers are required to activate it. But for some reason it does not work. 

I have specifically created in VAB various options using command modules and inflatable modules and centrifuges. The withdrawal of such options on the launcher and experimented with them. In either case, the module is not activated. If the module is inflated in VAB, then on the pad you can blow it off. Or, for example, to fold the centrifuge. But back to activate will not work. And it does not depend on the number of pilots and engineers available.

OK...worth a shot :)

The only other thought I have is that a mod patch may have been included to add some other requirement for inflation, which may not be reflected in the error message. For example, I think there is a patch for MKS that requires MaterialKits to inflate these parts, just like the MKS parts. Since it's a MM patch, it would not necessarily give the error that you don't have MaterialKits, it may just throw the error in the base code, complaining about engineers. Maybe temporarily remove the MM patches to test?

15 hours ago, Wyzard said:

This little thing?

Huh not as bad as I remember. I'll think about it.

11 hours ago, 3spurr said:

@NerteaThis mod is fantastic! I have some suggestions to make it even better. The Mk1 Base Frame and every base cradle has those white parts on the side. Those should be toggleable, and the bigger base frames should also have it toggleable. There should be base cradles with 4 legs, just 2 next to eachother. And the base frames should have built in extendable ladders. And the science labs should carry a bit of electricity, and some batteries of this mod's style would be nice. Maybe the Fate Science Lab could alslo contain those little science experiments like the barometer, negative gravioli detector, fluid spectro-variometer, and accelerometer. 

Nah.

6 hours ago, bob_kelso said:

Another thing (well apparently makes 2 comments^^), but i think is mostly due to Kerbalism Continued, is that the life support parts doesn't countain much quantity of food or water, but i assume is related to the consumption variable of Kerbalism that makes your parts not having that much quantities.

Kerbalism things should be handled by Kerbalism as it basically breaks everything so I leave patches to it.

5 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

There is a bug in KSP that is causing this. I have a workaround for next version.

7 minutes ago, Nertea said:

There is a bug in KSP that is causing this. I have a workaround for next version.

OK. Thank you for your answer. I'll wait for the new version. In the meantime, we have to reset the idle module on the moon. It is a pity of course. Let's build a new module out of the usual parts.

There is another fun feature with this mod. I have a standing fashion on contracts for science: FieldResearch and  KerbinSpaceStation. With the installation of this release, I am invited to experiment with fish and plants on all the planets I have discovered, including Kerbin. That's great, but to carry 3.75 m compartment with the fish in the mountains on Kerbin a lot of fun!:wink:

I made a vessel with these and other near future parts to take a lander and crew out Gratian way at 2.5x scale that I quite like and thought I would share some pictures

Spoiler

Freshly built

OVxVjTp.png

Loitering in Gael Orbit with a lander bound for Geminus

tFXeQBy.png

And lastly, underway.

jLwzsOX.png

56 minutes ago, Gidreess said:

But how to inflate/deploy centrifuges?

If your KSP version is not 1.3.1, the plugin for it may be broken and is not expected to work on older KSP.

If you have USI MKS installed you need to have MaterialKits in the vessel, and if I'm right, use an Engineer on EVA to interact with the centrifuge.

On 21/02/2018 at 6:46 PM, hab136 said:

TAC life support numbers seem wildly off compared to the stock containers.  I created an issue https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/issues/129 and worked up what I think the numbers should be.

@majNUN you apparently created the patch - can you take a look at this issue?  How did you arrive at the original numbers?

Hello @hab136. I took a look at your issue in which you list the values for the large PXL-CRG-1 Logistics Module as:

571.3 Food (3y 287d)
37.8 Water (159 d)
57831.9 Oxygen (3y 287d)
480.9 Waste (33y 406d)
52.0 WasteWater (171d)
49954.4 CarbonDioxide (3y 287d)

So, this is what I get:

Z6sDobP.png

You can see that with a crew of 1 - she or he gets almost 74 years worth of supplies (in the picture, I'm using a ModPod Crew Cabin because it doesn't have any life support, so the values you see are only from the container). These are calculated at TAC-LS default values. To get these values I was working from the smallest 2.5 module, the PPD-CRG-3, which I guessed to be almost twice the size of the standard 2.5 TAC-LS container. The cfg file for the PPD-CRG-3 says it has a volume of 3750, so I made some ratios and calculated what the container might hold. The resource values for the station parts are calculated according to part volume. @JadeOfMaar suggested to have 2/3 resources and 1/3 waste, which I tried to proportion as best I could. In a similar sized tin, TAC-LS will give you about twice as much storage for the wastes than the resources, so if you really want to store your crap you might want to use TAC-LS parts.

@hab136 - You did get the patch, yes? 

Edited by majNUN