Jump to content

[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)


Nertea
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 02/04/2018 at 4:53 PM, Nertea said:

Ok, update is nearly ready. I would like to ensure that any LS mod problems are fixed or at least recorded... so far in my fix list I only have

  • KerbalHealth patches apply only when KerbalHealth is installed
  • Better EPL resource compatibility for containers

Feel like there must be more?

I noticed earlier that sspx-observation-25-1 and sspx-cupola-375-1 parts didn't have electrical consumption for USI LS Habitat module.

 

Also, with SSPX 1.0.2, running on an 1.4.1 installation, I got few warning and errors in KSP.log.

Warnings:

  • mostly from B9PartSwitch (v2.2.0) saying "No transforms named Ladders found" for some SSPX parts.
  • "PartLoader Warning: Variable DeployedMass not found in Part' for inflatable parts
  • "Could not create PartResource of type 'RadiationShielding", but it's KerbalHealth related

Errors saying : "[ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE". As it came before (but not always) some "Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleKerbalHealth'", I assume that's because I don't have KerbalHealth mod.

I guess that all of this is harmless as I didn't have any problem so far, but I always look into logs for warns/errors/exceptions so ... :)

Edited by Gurki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Gurki Thanks for noticing. The patches for KerbalHealth contain :FOR which makes MM think that KerbalHealth is installed when it's not. That and the EC problem will be addressed very soon™ :D 

For the time being, delete GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-KerbalHealth.cfg if you haven't already done so. Undefined resources typically cause KSP to hang.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The patches for KerbalHealth contain :FOR which makes MM think that KerbalHealth is installed when it's not.

well the :NEEDS[KerbalHealth] in that specific config should MM make consider if it is really available. It should not apply if not present. current config file is having these :NEEDS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

well the :NEEDS[KerbalHealth] in that specific config should MM make consider if it is really available. It should not apply if not present. current config file is having these :NEEDS.

The NEEDS being there is perfect. But the FOR also being there is as terrible as the NEEDS is good. If the FOR and NEEDS have reference to the same mod then the patches are self-satisfying. Any time there is a FOR, the needed mod "applies."

FOR does two things but novice coders tend to only know the first one:

  1. This patch will run within the load sequence of; will run as part of the other mod (everyone gets this)
  2. This declares that the mod is present and will trigger every patch that's expecting it
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The NEEDS being there is perfect. But the FOR also being there is as terrible as the NEEDS is good. If the FOR and NEEDS have reference to the same mod then the patches are self-satisfying. Any time there is a FOR, the needed mod "applies."

FOR does two things but novice coders tend to only know the first one:

  1. This patch will run within the load sequence of; will run as part of the other mod (everyone gets this)
  2. This declares that the mod is present and will trigger every patch that's expecting it

If I understand you right then every :FOR is basically unnecessary because :NEEDS already set the prerequisite.

Ty for that lil tutorial!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

If I understand you right then every :FOR is basically unnecessary because :NEEDS already set the prerequisite.

Sort of.  :FOR[MyMod] doesn't declare a prerequisite at all; it says the patch is part of MyMod and should satisfy :NEEDS dependencies in other mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Sort of.  :FOR[MyMod] doesn't declare a prerequisite at all; it says the patch is part of MyMod and should satisfy :NEEDS dependencies in other mods.

your english is better than mine .. i ment :FOR assumes there is something to apply to, and :NEEDS tells MM to skip if not available

In this logic it's either easier to delete the said cfg, or edit until there is a patch. maybe exchanging ":FOR[KerbalHealth]" with ":FINAL" does the job too?

Edited by LatiMacciato
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

If I understand you right then every :FOR is basically unnecessary because :NEEDS already set the prerequisite.

It's worse than unnecessary because it can cause other configs that use NEEDS to trigger when they should not trigger. FOR should only ever be used by the author of the mod specified by the FOR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

It's worse than unnecessary because it can cause other configs that use NEEDS to trigger when they should not trigger. FOR should only ever be used by the author of the mod specified by the FOR.

gotcha

I modified my config, so far so good, will report if there is any issue. Also feedback is always welcome!
SSPXR-KerbalHealth.cfg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@LatiMacciato Your config looks fine now. One other thing catches my attention. The use of :FINAL. It's good practice to avoid using :FINAL in patches that you're going to share in your own mod or through others' mods. At Line 270 you have one. Replace it with :AFTER[KerbalHealth] or if it doesn't work, try :AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux] and let Nertea know which one to use. Please do this ASAP and let Nertea know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@LatiMacciato Your config looks fine now. One other thing catches my attention. The use of :FINAL. It's good practice to avoid using :FINAL in patches that you're going to share in your own mod or through others' mods. At Line 270 you have one. Replace it with :AFTER[KerbalHealth] or if it doesn't work, try :AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux] and let Nertea know which one to use. Please do this ASAP and let Nertea know.

ty for letting me know! I basically replaced ":FOR[KerbalHealth]" with nothing so this might have been there without my knowledge. Maybe Fraz86 (original cfg writer as it seems) forgot something when testing things. I also updated my gist and write an issue for an upcoming fix, so @Nertea can assimilate that. :)

I test the changes, once I found some time for ":AFTER[KerbalHealth]" and ":AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]". For now there is really no need for ":FINAL".

EDIT: so far I have no issues with the current gist of my KerbalHealth compatiblity-patch and I commented on PR 111. I hope that gets @Nertea to update it.

Edited by LatiMacciato
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2018 at 10:45 PM, LatiMacciato said:

EDIT: so far I have no issues with the current gist of my KerbalHealth compatiblity-patch and I commented on PR 111. I hope that gets @Nertea to update it.

I did address this in dev already, should be good. I'm almost ready to re-release this again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, Nertea said:

Transparent pods are a feature of stock (IVA overlay function), not any other mod.

Hey Nertea, sorry I missed your reply. Thanks for getting back to me.
This is the pic I'm referring to... Mercury IVA

How did you have that IVA show? All I get are the normal lit windows.

Thanks again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, shuggaloaf said:

Hey Nertea, sorry I missed your reply. Thanks for getting back to me.
This is the pic I'm referring to... Mercury IVA

How did you have that IVA show? All I get are the normal lit windows.

Thanks again!

If you mouse over the Kerbal portraits on a crewed ship, you'll see a small round button appear to the left of the portraits. That's IVA overlay mode, click it to reveal IVAs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Nertea said:

If you mouse over the Kerbal portraits on a crewed ship, you'll see a small round button appear to the left of the portraits. That's IVA overlay mode, click it to reveal IVAs.

Sir, you just blew my mind. I've been playing since v0.23 and have way too many hours under my belt to have never noticed that before. Thanks for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2018 at 8:51 AM, shuggaloaf said:

Sir, you just blew my mind. I've been playing since v0.23 and have way too many hours under my belt to have never noticed that before. Thanks for your help!

It's a *relatively* new feature... Maybe since 1.3?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andfinally.

SSPXr 1.0.3

  •  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Updated ModuleManger to 3.0.6
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.2.1
  •  Updated MiniAVC to 1.2.0.1
  •  Updated NFProps to 0.3.2
  •  Added replacement model for Clamp-o-tron docking port
    •  2 alternate versions available
  •  Disabled drag cube recalculation for cargo containers (fixes inflight switching explosion)
  •  Fixed KerbalHealth patch applying all the time
  •  Fish study and plant growth experiments now no longer differentiate between biomes
     
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nertea said:

Andfinally.

SSPXr 1.0.3

  •  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Updated ModuleManger to 3.0.6
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.2.1
  •  Updated MiniAVC to 1.2.0.1
  •  Updated NFProps to 0.3.2
  •  Added replacement model for Clamp-o-tron docking port
    •  2 alternate versions available
  •  Disabled drag cube recalculation for cargo containers (fixes inflight switching explosion)
  •  Fixed KerbalHealth patch applying all the time
  •  Fish study and plant growth experiments now no longer differentiate between biomes
     

Some of parts spam errors in game console and break scatterer effects https://imgur.com/a/A3D6u

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Nertea said:

Andfinally.

SSPXr 1.0.3

  •  KSP 1.4.2
  •  Updated ModuleManger to 3.0.6
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.2.1
  •  Updated MiniAVC to 1.2.0.1
  •  Updated NFProps to 0.3.2
  •  Added replacement model for Clamp-o-tron docking port
    •  2 alternate versions available
  •  Disabled drag cube recalculation for cargo containers (fixes inflight switching explosion)
  •  Fixed KerbalHealth patch applying all the time
  •  Fish study and plant growth experiments now no longer differentiate between biomes
     

Same issue as Gidreess, scatterer effects are bugged since installing this mod. Notable problems I can see are missing oceans and a never ending sunset effect to the atmosphere, terrain in the distance is also really dark.

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I'll provide a log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp86x1rh8z757h7/output_log.txt?dl=0

(first time using dropbox so let me know if I've messed something up)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...