[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 8/20/2020 at 2:49 PM, panarchist said:

That's the Kronos DSEV 1 - one of the best realistic space vessels out on the Internets. If "Cronus" is that centrifuge, then I look forward to building a lot of ships like that.

I got excited looking through some of the Archive concepts: Mac Rebisz "Space That Never Was"

You could build a lot of these in KSP. In fact, the Nepture Explorer satellite in the Archive looks straight outta KSP.

(Sorry, not 100% relevant to this thread, but close enough? :) )

Hello and congratulations for the amazing work you did! I started to play the game with kerbalism mod and it is going so well... i love it!
But i have met a issue i think:
When i accepted a normal rescue mission in low orbit of Kerbin and went there to save the pure kerbal, he was stranded inside a "sunrise" habitation mudule... with no way to get out "Can't exit. Module has no hatch."... so my question is: was that made on porpuse? is it a bug? couse with no door he can't get out to be rescued... there is no docking port and stuff like that. Of course I installed also Kis and Kas mods but is that how it should be played? and not as stand alone mod?
Keep up the good work!

11 minutes ago, visssius said:

Hello and congratulations for the amazing work you did! I started to play the game with kerbalism mod and it is going so well... i love it!
When i accepted a normal rescue mission in low orbit of Kerbin and went there to save the pure kerbal, he was stranded inside a "sunrise" habitation mudule... with no way to get out "Can't exit. Module has no hatch."... so my question is: was that made on porpuse? is it a bug? couse with no door he can't get out to be rescued... there is no docking port and stuff like that. Of course I installed also Kis and Kas mods but is that how it should be played? and not as stand alone mod?
Keep up the good work!

try out rescue pod validator, it should help according to the OP

3 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

try out rescue pod validator, it should help according to the OP

is that a mod? becouse i'm using CKAN and can't find it in compatible filter with my version 1.10. 
There is one mod called "KSP Rescue Pod Fix" but it's good only for 1.6.x-1.7.x.

19 minutes ago, visssius said:

Keep up the good work!

There is another mod called something like 'Rescue Pod Validator" that will stop that happening.

5 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

There is another mod called something like 'Rescue Pod Validator" that will stop that happening.

Why isn't it included in this mod? I mean it should at least set it in CKAN as Recommended or suggested or at least "supported" would be great for the new players so they don't run into something like this!

47 minutes ago, visssius said:

is that a mod? becouse i'm using CKAN and can't find it in compatible filter with my version 1.10. 
There is one mod called "KSP Rescue Pod Fix" but it's good only for 1.6.x-1.7.x.

idk maybe you have to download it manually over spacedock or something

4 hours ago, visssius said:

Why isn't it included in this mod? I mean it should at least set it in CKAN as Recommended or suggested or at least "supported" would be great for the new players so they don't run into something like this!

Mod authors generously donate their time and Nertea already maintains a large suite of mods. It's not included in this mod because another mod already does it, and Nertea might not have the time nor interest to deal with it.

Any mod that includes a crew module without a hatch can have the same glitch you found.

20 hours ago, visssius said:

There's a line in the FAQ (first post) and it is noted as an optional dependency in the readme. 

4 hours ago, HansAcker said:

It works for me in 1.10.1. The "compatible version" numbers are overrated. Ignore them and try it yourself.

Thank you I'll try it out! Meanwhile I installed a docking port and got out the kerbal :D

38 minutes ago, Nertea said:

There's a line in the FAQ (first post) and it is noted as an optional dependency in the readme. 

Yeah sorry. I installed the mod directly from CKAN and haven't looked at it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, timbrwolf1121 said:

Do you think it would be possible to make a part that has the same textures and folds the different habitats to fit snugly on the side of a spacecraft? I want to do this but just using hinges doesn't satisfy my immersion. I want a folding crew tube like part 

Me too.  I did rig up some MK1 crew cabins with jr docking ports once.  I had them on decouplers along side the main body with their docking ports perpendicular to a docking port just above them.  I used hyperedit and gravity cheat ad nauseum to tune the decouplers scale, force, and locations until on activating them with the main craft atitude still and in zero g the crew cabins would move up and rotate 90 degrees and the jr docking port's magnetism would pull them in .  It was a vanity project and I never used the technique but I did explore avoiding the alligator hinges that seem to be kraken bait for me anyway

9 hours ago, darthgently said:

Me too.  I did rig up some MK1 crew cabins with jr docking ports once.  I had them on decouplers along side the main body with their docking ports perpendicular to a docking port just above them.  I used hyperedit and gravity cheat ad nauseum to tune the decouplers scale, force, and locations until on activating them with the main craft atitude still and in zero g the crew cabins would move up and rotate 90 degrees and the jr docking port's magnetism would pull them in .  It was a vanity project and I never used the technique but I did explore avoiding the alligator hinges that seem to be kraken bait for me anyway

I think it would be pretty easy to modify code from vtol engine pods. I know a few mods in the past have had vtol mounts that let you choose your engine. I'm not a coder though

2 hours ago, timbrwolf1121 said:

I think it would be pretty easy to modify code from vtol engine pods. I know a few mods in the past have had vtol mounts that let you choose your engine. I'm not a coder though

Or how about something like the hinges, but instead of simple plates, it is two rectangular docking ports hinged together so once they lock they become two docked ports and the code never sees a hinge again

On 11/26/2020 at 2:05 PM, LesnoyLis said:

I'm feeling that I notvery smart, but how to use all auto-levelling legs together? Any help please?

You can't, you have to level them all with an action group and probably tune the result. 

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

You can't, you have to level them all with an action group and probably tune the result. 

Thanks for an answer! Okay, then i just make a few corrections in design via KAS =)

And thank you for all you great mods, KSP is unplayable for me without them! Can't wait for FFT =)

4 hours ago, john hunter said:

uhh my game always crash when i get out of the vab and this is the only mod i have what do i do pls help me

Read through this and follow the troubleshooting guide. If troubleshooting doesn't work, then follow the steps for reporting an issue.

1 hour ago, john hunter said:

sorry i havent expermented with it that much all i know is when i get out of the vab with station parts on my ship it crashes idk if it crashes if i dont have the parts

Since you don't have much to go off of, we can't help unless you provide a picture of your Gamedata folder, and possibly your Log file.

Go to your KSP file directory, double click your Gamedata folder, and then take a screenshot of the contents. Upload to a photo sharing website and post the link here. Since you said this is the only mod you have, there shouldn't be that many items in your Gamedata folder so it should all fit in one picture. It should look pretty similar to this (but probably not exactly).
PwneBw0.png 

If the folder "StationPartsExpansionRedux" does not look like that or it isn't there at all, the mod is probably installed wrong. 

If it looks just like that, then we need your Log.  In the main KSP file directory, underneath all of the various subfolders are a handful of text and .cfg documents. The one you want is titled KSP.log. Upload that to a file sharing website like Google Drive or Dropbox and post the link here.