[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

4 hours ago, Sanrys said:

Hi !  I'm french and i ahve a problem with the mod... 

We won't hold that against you :cool:

Serieusement, bienvenue!  Welcome to the forums.

4 hours ago, Sanrys said:

It said : 3 engineer must be present to deploy parts from the mod...  and i have 5 engineer crew in my ship .... i dont know how to do :/ 

You've clicked on the "Deploy" button, yes?

Do you have Roverdude's MKS mod installed?  If you do, you'll need material kits (and Electric Charge, too? I can't remember) to deploy the ring as well as the engineers.

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

We won't hold that against you :cool:

Serieusement, bienvenue!  Welcome to the forums.

You've clicked on the "Deploy" button, yes?

Do you have Roverdude's MKS mod installed?  If you do, you'll need material kits (and Electric Charge, too? I can't remember) to deploy the ring as well as the engineers.

No i didn't have this mod

I have try To EVA with engeneer but it the same :/

Edited by Sanrys
Wrong word

For future reference, read this post: How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums

For now, upload your output_log file (for a short KSP session that includes the problem) to a file sharing service, and post the link here.  Which version of KSP are you running?

The first potential problem is a bad mod install.  Did you manually install SSPX or use CKAN?  Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, following any installation instructions carefully.  Do you have Module Manager, Near Future IVA Props and B9 Part Switcher installed?  These must be installed for SSPX to work properly.

The second is an incompatibility between mods.  Make a copy of your KSP directory as a backup.  Then remove all mods, installing only SSPX and its dependencies, and try again.  To ensure this is as clean as possible, delete the contents of the GameData directory in your KSP install, except for the Squad folder.  Now install SSPX and dependencies.  If this works, re-add your other mods until the problem reappears.

Third is a bad KSP install.  Delete and reinstall KSP, add SSPX and try again.

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux 1.0.1

•  Updated ModuleManger to 3.0.4
  •  Updated B9B9PartSwitch to 2.1.1
  •  Fixed USI/EPL cargo container contents problem
  •  Cargo container contents can now be switched in flight
  •  Added a top attach node to the 3.75m cupola
  •  Added part nicknames to tag lists (Kerbas-ad-astra)
  •  Added KeepFit patch (Kerbas-ad-astra)
  •  Improvements to many LS compatability patches (TAC, MKS)
  •  Fix to CLS patch for 3.75m lab (Kerbas-ad-astra)
  •  Fixed rotation of 2.5m airlock, observation module IVAs
  •  Fixed a misaligned kerbal transform in the Mercury IVA
  •  Removed a hanging techRequired block in the CLS patch
  •  Increased base leg friction coefficients from 0.5 to 0.9
  •  Porthole now has basic command module functions (control) but no reaction wheels
  •  Fixed engineer requirement under localized versions
  •  Fixed attach node coordinate reversal on 45 degree version of 1.25m multihub
  •  Fixed endcap misalignment on 4-way Planar version of 2.5m multihub
  •  Fixed inconsistent foil shader between variants of 2.5m multihub
  •  Fixed export issues with alpha channels of a few parts

1 hour ago, Gidreess said:

Why only one hydroponic module creates life support tab in VAB?

You're going to need to be more specific and more detailed in your writing. All three greenhouse capable parts are supposed to show in the life support category. I just looked.

Thank you soooo much for the update !!  I finaly dont have the problem with missing engeneer :D  I can do my space station now ! 

Before update i couldn't open centrifuge or inflat habiation..

1520030094-sans-titre.png

And now i can !!!!!  

1520030090-sans-titre2.png

17 minutes ago, Sanrys said:

Thank you soooo much for the update !!  I finaly dont have the problem with missing engeneer :D  I can do my space station now ! 

Before update i couldn't open centrifuge or inflat habiation..

1520030094-sans-titre.png

And now i can !!!!!  

1520030090-sans-titre2.png

Nice station! Sorry it took so long to get it released (life has been very busy).

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You're going to need to be more specific and more detailed in your writing. All three greenhouse capable parts are supposed to show in the life support category. I just looked.

And why it creates LS tab? I dont need that with several things

Edited by Gidreess

This Mod is huge, and I am wondering if I can remove most of the IVAs, since I rarely use them. I'm thinking maybe keep those for the cupolas. It looks as though you have chosen a clear naming system, so it may not be too difficult. It's something I have done before.

A Module Manager patch would still lead to the data files being loaded, wouldn't it. I'd need to delete the actual data files for the IVA. Most of the load would be the .dds files.

I don't understand how KSP loads them, does it always load the largest image, but I had a look and I am seeing some images of 4096 pixels square, at over 22MB each. I need to check whether there is an option to limit the maximum, but the size does seem excessive. The Station-375 subfolder for Internals is about half of the total file usage in the mod.

I could try making smaller files with The GIMP.

With my monitor only being 1920 pixels high, I'm pretty sure I don't need a 4096 pixel texture, but I suppose some people can use them. And an IVA is something that can fill the screen, not like the outside of a part.

Snooping around in the CFG files, I found talk of 5m parts (Atlas, Minerva etc.)

This is particularly exciting; I've been looking for 5m pods for a while to make 5m rocket stacks into custom BFR-style ships, looking forward to seeing them

Thanks for updating. I love your mod!

One thing is strange though. I use USI Life Support and in the previous version of your mod everything was working well. Now it seems that somehow your mod thinks I'm using TAC LS. I suddenly have all the TAC LS parts in the tech tree and my Mun Space Station misses Waste to produce Supplies. Something I am able to change in the configs?

1 hour ago, hoover2701 said:

Thanks for updating. I love your mod!

One thing is strange though. I use USI Life Support and in the previous version of your mod everything was working well. Now it seems that somehow your mod thinks I'm using TAC LS. I suddenly have all the TAC LS parts in the tech tree and my Mun Space Station misses Waste to produce Supplies. Something I am able to change in the configs?

I'm having the same issue as well. Can't quite see why looking at the files but will have a closer look later to see of I'm missing something as I'm on my phone at the moment...

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Released fix, hope it works.

Yes this worked! Any existing parts in game that had these extra resources will still show them, but a quick modification to the save file removes them and new parts no longer generate resources used by TAC-LS. Thanks @Nertea!

9 hours ago, Gidreess said:

I dont need life support tab. I dont even installed TACLS. Can I disable it? (maybe in mod directory)

Oh. It's pretty harmless. Just learn to ignore it or uninstall CommunityCategoryKit (which will remove any and all custom category buttons).