[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

@JadeOfMaar,

Have you had any discussions with @RoverDude with respect to adding Orbital Logistics capability to any of the SSPXr parts? I was thinking about editing your MKS patch for the 2.5 and 3.75 station cores. I was wondering if there was any hidden difficulty? I was going to take the OL parts of the Duna Logistics module and just copy them over.

@Gilph No, I haven't talked to RoverDude. I haven't installed MKS lately so I haven't a clue what it may take to add and balance orbital logistics. @Pulsar would be best to help out. This person setup the Machinery requirement for deploying centrifuges and did at least half (the more complicated half) of the overall USI compatibility.

On 3/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, Starwaster said:

Playing with this a bit and it's bizarre... does it even with empty tanks but I don't see anything physically changing... empty tank has same dry mass for each type of cargo and its mesh doesn't change either that I can see? But it's definitely very destructive, breaking part joints or the launch pad or just catapulting things hundreds of meters into the air...

B9PS recalculates the drag cubes on switch, so there might be a frame with bad values sneaking in.

Disable drag cube switching by adding 

affectDragCubes = false

Into the ModuleB9PartSwitch section of the container configs. This will be in the next release

17 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Gilph No, I haven't talked to RoverDude. I haven't installed MKS lately so I haven't a clue what it may take to add and balance orbital logistics. @Pulsar would be best to help out. This person setup the Machinery requirement for deploying centrifuges and did at least half (the more complicated half) of the overall USI compatibility.

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleOrbitalLogistics
}

This looks like it, but I'm not sure what other functionality you'd need?

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

B9PS recalculates the drag cubes on switch, so there might be a frame with bad values sneaking in.

Disable drag cube switching by adding 

affectDragCubes = false

Into the ModuleB9PartSwitch section of the container configs. This will be in the next release

I'll try it but I'm skeptical of that being the cause.

Just recalculating drag cubes of an object at rest or in a vacuum isn't going to do something like that

Edit: Seems to work but doesn't make any sense unless B9PS is doing something else when it redoes the drag cubes? Is it reading the cubes for something and then applying changes to the collider? I don't get it...

Edited by Starwaster

5 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Just recalculating drag cubes of an object at rest or in a vacuum isn't going to do something like that

Edit: Seems to work but doesn't make any sense unless B9PS is doing something else when it redoes the drag cubes? Is it reading the cubes for something and then applying changes to the collider? I don't get it...

The peculiarity of several of KSP's systems knows no bounds. My guess would be that drag cubes are interlocked with the displacement and buoyancy calculations, resulting in unwanted interactions.

21 minutes ago, Nertea said:

The peculiarity of several of KSP's systems knows no bounds. My guess would be that drag cubes are interlocked with the displacement and buoyancy calculations, resulting in unwanted interactions.

They are, but that shouldn't affect vacuum behavior

42 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

They are, but that shouldn't affect vacuum behavior

I'd also point out that the analytic heat integration system shouldn't do a lot of things it does... just pointing out that this game has, uh, radically different coding standards than what we might expect it to :P.

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Can confirm this works in my test install as well.

I looked through the thread but couldn't find my situation mentioned.

The issue I'm having is regards to the Mk1-3 Command Pod. While it does have a crew, they aren't displayed in the lower right hand corner nor can I get them to EVA. Any help would be appreciated.

EbToC6j.png

29 minutes ago, Kerbal101 said:

@DetCord Hello and welcome to the forums!

This is a known errata with 1.4 and will be addressed in upcoming 1.4.1 patch fairly soon. For now,  Left clicking on the hatch should work.

Best regards!

Greatly appreciated. I was unsure as to whether it was me and a possible mod conflict or not.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:12 PM, Gilph said:

@JadeOfMaar,

Have you had any discussions with @RoverDude with respect to adding Orbital Logistics capability to any of the SSPXr parts? I was thinking about editing your MKS patch for the 2.5 and 3.75 station cores. I was wondering if there was any hidden difficulty? I was going to take the OL parts of the Duna Logistics module and just copy them over.

Sorry for a very late reply.

I haven't tested on orbital logistics part for MKS patch. I would love to help you test on this weekend. I'm quite busy lately.

Try to do @Pleb suggestion. Should work fine. Tell me if it's working.

Edited by Pulsar

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:49 AM, Pleb said:

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleOrbitalLogistics
}

This looks like it, but I'm not sure what other functionality you'd need?

26 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Sorry for a very late reply.

I haven't tested on orbital logistics part for MKS patch. I would love to help you test on this weekend. I'm quite busy lately.

Try to do @Pleb suggestion. Should work fine. Tell me if it's working.

@Pulsar, @Pleb, thanks for the responses.

Hit a bit of a snag in using the final release of USI Constellation in 1.3.1. It doesn't really work, and Roverdude responded by suggesting I revert to an older version, possibly prior to OL being added. So, I may be running a pre-OL version in 1.3.1 (not sure which version yet, need to do some testing).

1.4.1 should hit today, and Roverdude seems very motivated to get MKS in working order on that version. So, I'll get that save started and once SSPRx is deemed 1.4.1 friendly, will concentrate on testing some things.

@Pleb, at a minimum, that is correct. If you look at the part definitions in the new MKS for the logistics modules, there's about 5-7 other module definitions right after those lines. Those are the ones to think about and evaluate which are really needed for proper logistic functionality, not just OL.

What is an interesting question for this forum is which parts should have logistics enabled? Since MKS only has two 2.5 parts as logistics modules, I was thinking the 2.5 and 3.75 station hubs. What do you think?

Love this mod its awesome.porhct5l.png

However I have  very serious issues with the greenhouse.
Running TAC life support and find that greenhouses tend to go from greenhouse mode and set them self to mineral siphon, destroying food fast to generate minerals. 
This is very bad, luckily its mostly affect the station above in LKO, the minmus base has its greenhouse shut down and decoupled from base because of this.
For an interplanetary mission this would been an obvious mission fail. 

The aqua module has an similar issue in shutting down greenhouse and activate water spliter. 
Relevant mods who can interfere is planetary bases and OSE workshop. 
My recommendation will be to move the mineral siphon to its own unit and preferable let it extract minerals from ore. 
TAC has an water spliter included and I have never used it. 
Is this some issue other have? KSP 1.31

Over to an fun visual bug:
I have the windows of the centrifuge facing forward. primarily to keep it away from front hub. 

However watching the girls excecise widows face down towards engines. 
a92dT19l.png

Even weirder its some graphical bug with an ghost part going the other direction.
W3vnMHVl.png

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Running TAC life support and find that greenhouses tend to go from greenhouse mode and set them self to mineral siphon, destroying food fast to generate minerals. 

I've experience something similar last night while testing a coming update for another mod. I landed or splashed somewhere and left only a few engines on (including ones that change to vtol mode), quicksaved, quickloaded, and all my engines were on. I had to turn them all off before quicksaving to stop it. :/ Our discoveries together are quite concerning.

(No, SSPXr was not in that install. Neither was there any life support mod)

25 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've experience something similar last night while testing a coming update for another mod. I landed or splashed somewhere and left only a few engines on (including ones that change to vtol mode), quicksaved, quickloaded, and all my engines were on. I had to turn them all off before quicksaving to stop it. :/ Our discoveries together are quite concerning.

(No, SSPXr was not in that install. Neither was there any life support mod)

It looks like some overall status mess up, I have an asteroid I can not mine. 
Still destroying all the food on an regular basis is way past critical.
It will get you eaten if part of crew :)
Very glad I waited   for 1.41 and focused on training kerbals and building infrastructure. 

3 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Remember, all patches for mods that are not mine are community-contributed! Any help you can provide is great!

3 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Over to an fun visual bug:
I have the windows of the centrifuge facing forward. primarily to keep it away from front hub. 

Are you using 1.0.2? This was fixed there, and additionally I cannot repro it ( I just tried). 

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

Remember, all patches for mods that are not mine are community-contributed! Any help you can provide is great!

Are you using 1.0.2? This was fixed there, and additionally I cannot repro it ( I just tried). 

Used previous version yes, looks like both issues are resolved, will test the greenhouses more. 

9 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Used previous version yes, looks like both issues are resolved, will test the greenhouses more. 

Glad that solved it, I almost had a heart attack, it was a really nasty bug to deal with and I was worried...

1.4.1 Update Status

• Would like to have a revision of the LS patches to go with any TAC/USI/other updates by contributors
  • Recompile plugin
  • Minor fixes
  • ETA ~1-2 weeks

I had a bit of a problem with docking the Telescoping Clamp-O-Tron with the Shielded Clamp-O-Tron.  With Connected Living Space installed I could not open either hatch just after docking: there was no PAW option to do so on either port.  A scene change to the Space Center and back seemed to resolve the issue.

Is this anything to do with the Telescoping Clamp-O-Tron, the two different types of ports being docked, or with Connected Living Space?  Has anyone else experienced this issue as well?

KSP 1.3.1 Build 1891