[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 4/23/2018 at 11:49 AM, ThijmenDF said:

Hey

I must say I am in total love with this mod! Only got it a few days ago but my goodness I did miss out :P

Normally I only install graphical mods (scatterer, distantobjects etc) and never really any feature-adding mods. (ps: I do hope the issue with scatterer will be resolved soon, currently playing without the B9 part switch plugin which keeps me from tweaking some parts)

Anyway, I'd like to submit a little bug report:

KSP: 1.4.2 x64

Problem: IVA for the Coriolls missing for a single seat (the 4th)

See these screenshots:
https://ibb.co/jGieOc
https://ibb.co/n1XjpH

(normally using imgur but it crashes while uploading pictures atm)

Mods installed:

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux 1.0.4

Module Manager 3.0.6
Scatterer 0.0329
Texture Replacer 2.7.0
Distant Objects 1.9.1
Docking Port Alignment Indicator 6.8.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.9.1.0
Kerbal Engineer 1.1.4.10
KSPRescuePodFix 1.3.2.11
Planet Shine 0.2.6.1
Tracking Station Evolved 3.0
Trajectories 2.2.0
Transfer Window Planner 1.6.3.0 

Reproduction steps:

Build a craft that contains a Coriolls Inflatable Centrifuge Module and fill it with kerbals. the 4th seat has opaque windows.

I'll have a look but that's pretty weird!

On 4/21/2018 at 4:49 PM, LatiMacciato said:

I haz a question!

If the centrifuges and inflatables get EL workshop modules, would that fit SSPXR?
I'd like to suggest a config file, where ProductivityFactor is based on DeployedCrewCapacity (max crew in the part).
I named it "SSPXR-EL-Extras.cfg", placed that inside the Patches subfolder)

Reveal hidden contents

//EL workshop Extra patch by LouisCyfer

// math --> ProductivityFactor = DeployedCrewCapacity/2
// because more crew capacity has more productivity potencial

// for inflatable hab's
@PART[sspx-inflatable-hab-*]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ELWorkshop
		ProductivityFactor = #$../MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]/DeployedCrewCapacity$
		@ProductivityFactor /= 2
	}
}

// for centrifuges
@PART[sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-*,sspx-expandable-centrifuge-*]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ELWorkshop
		ProductivityFactor = #$../MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge]/DeployedCrewCapacity$
		@ProductivityFactor /= 2
	}
}

Note: This is a quick'n'dirty untested rather tested confg that does an easy math based on DeployedCrewCapacity
DeployedCrewCapacity/2 = ProductivityFactor

math examples:

• sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-25-1 has DeployedCrewCapacity = 8 --> 8/2 = 4
  • sspx-expandable-centrifuge-375-1 has DeployedCrewCapacity = 14 --> 14/2 = 7

Feedback is always welcome!

EDIT:
I noticed in locations that there are planned 5m expandable parts .. just letting  you know I'm looking forward to them!

I might die before I commit to IVAs fort hose parts, so don't get your hopes up :(.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:13 AM, ArkaelDren said:

Sorry, let me explain.  If you use one of the vertical style landing platforms, the tank/pod exc will slowly move around on top of the platform like its not firmly attached.  The older Aies landing legs did this for a long time, then someone patched them and now they again behave like intended.  Bud I wish I had a vid, or even knew how to show you one once I made it.

I can't reproduce this unfortunately. I'm going to say a mod conflict, you could provide more info, or preferably easy repro steps in a basic install.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:05 AM, AlliedForth said:

Another nice thing would be if the handles would actually work and Kerbals could grab them. Is that possible to implement?

Yeah, but I won't do it. Stock historically doesn't have the ends with ladders.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:26 AM, AlliedForth said:

Holy f**k, the models/textures are amazing! Assembled a station in orbit using only your parts (except girder, solar etc) and it totally amazes me! 

I’m using the white rims and the station looks so clean and realistic with that nice texture, wow!

Edit: One thing that bugs me is that i cant put L/OX or monoprop in the storage modules. So much options from various metals to water etc but no LOX/ Monoprop?

Is there a simple way i could i could implement that by changing something in the cfg?

You should look at the container configs - it's not really hard to do, but as mentioned that's against the purpose I designed so I won't add it. 

Edited by Nertea

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

might die before I commit to IVAs fort hose parts, so don't get your hopes up :(.

plz don't die, you do awesome work!

What about the plenty unused space I was referring to? I'd just like to know if it is possible to add this to the parts so the inmates .. errr Kerbonauts have lots to do while visiting the stars :)

14 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

plz don't die, you do awesome work!

What about the plenty unused space I was referring to? I'd just like to know if it is possible to add this to the parts so the inmates .. errr Kerbonauts have lots to do while visiting the stars :)

It's a EL thing, so I don't know, don't use the mod. If you think it's reasonable submit it as a PR and I'll merge it unless people complain.

Just now, Nertea said:

It's a EL thing, so I don't know, don't use the mod. If you think it's reasonable submit it as a PR and I'll merge it unless people complain.

that is what I was hoping to archive before submitting a PR, like getting feedback before applying.

1 minute ago, LatiMacciato said:

that is what I was hoping to archive before submitting a PR, like getting feedback before applying.

Right. Well, it appears that there is actually no EL patch yet, so you get to define whatever you like!

15 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Right. Well, it appears that there is actually no EL patch yet, so you get to define whatever you like!

#PR 140 I hope it was correct to make the PR for master instead dev branch, otherwise I have to switch base branch.

Edited by LatiMacciato

I am absolutely loving the IVA's for these... really just brings the whole thing together.

Looking toward the future, are you considering support for Raster Prop Monitor MFD's?  Those would make the big control centers really shine. ^^

No kidding,

I've been looking at mods to install in Sandbox trying to come up with a list for my career play. With this mod alone installed I flew an Aeris 4A up to the station with a frame rate of about 58 on a 60 setting. The station has 250 parts with solar panels, etc.

Currently, I'm down to about 48 with other mods installed flying in for a docking and 42 when docked. Need to figure out what's dragging me down now.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, Doctor Axel said:

I am absolutely loving the IVA's for these... really just brings the whole thing together.

Looking toward the future, are you considering support for Raster Prop Monitor MFD's?  Those would make the big control centers really shine. ^^

Unfortunately I don't have time to do this, but I would accept community contributions with no problem. 

On 5/7/2018 at 2:03 PM, NorthernBruce said:

I really like this mod and especially that I experience almost no frame rate drop with a sizeable space station in 1.4.3! Really nice work! I'm definitely going to have to check out your other mods!

I'm glad the work I did optimizing pays off. 

I had a command pod and one of your PPD-24 Itinerant Service Container behind a heat shield on their way in for re-entry. The atmospheric heating effects were as if the container was transparent. I can try and get a screenshot if you need it. Stock Visual Effects and its dependencies; and Real Plume are the only visual effects mods installed, I can give the full list if you wish.

3 hours ago, istathar said:

I had a command pod and one of your PPD-24 Itinerant Service Container behind a heat shield on their way in for re-entry. The atmospheric heating effects were as if the container was transparent.

That seems to happen with everything in 1.4.3; it's not specific to this mod.

First off, @Nertea, awesome mod (and I love your mods in general), it really does grant extra options when building stations and motherships.

I do however have a question: Why is it centrifuges (and to a lesser extent all of the parts with a lighting option) use no electricity? You would figure that spinning up upwards of 15 tons of metal then keeping it spinning (plus the counterbalancing weights, nice eye to detail there) would consume a bit of power. EDIT: Also, maybe a way to select the rotation direction of the centrifuges other than rotating them in the VAB.

Edited by Cyrious

On 5/10/2018 at 3:00 PM, Wyzard said:

That seems to happen with everything in 1.4.3; it's not specific to this mod.

That is true indeed.

Unrelated, but please note that this mod has not yet been officially updated for 1.4.3, according to the first post of the thread.

16 hours ago, Cyrious said:

First off, @Nertea, awesome mod (and I love your mods in general), it really does grant extra options when building stations and motherships.

I do however have a question: Why is it centrifuges (and to a lesser extent all of the parts with a lighting option) use no electricity? You would figure that spinning up upwards of 15 tons of metal then keeping it spinning (plus the counterbalancing weights, nice eye to detail there) would consume a bit of power. EDIT: Also, maybe a way to select the rotation direction of the centrifuges other than rotating them in the VAB.

Well, why make them use EC? They have no functionality at all without another mod beyond aesthetics, so I'd think it would be up to the LS mod patch to do the EC adding part. 

4 hours ago, Dafni said:

Unrelated, but please note that this mod has not yet been officially updated for 1.4.3, according to the first post of the thread.

Yeah I'm trying to find time to test and release a small fix first. 

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

Well, why make them use EC? They have no functionality at all without another mod beyond aesthetics, so I'd think it would be up to the LS mod patch to do the EC adding part.  

Hmmm, good point.

Oh, that reminds me, the station core modules (and i think a few others) need Remotetech module manager patches for probe control points. The parts have em for the stock commnet, but not for remotetech. I'm going to see if I can hash together a module manager patch for em, and if I'm successful I'll post it here.

EDIT: The pods/parts I intend on doing it to are the Wharf, Harbour, and Vista Astrogation module (lets face it, the Astrogation module is practically perfect for it with that IVA). Pier I'm debating on doing considering its size.

Edited by Cyrious

// Support for Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux Station Cores
// Config by Cyrious

// Kerbalmax PXL-9 'Vista' Astrogation Module
@PART[sspx-cupola-375-1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
		%IsRTCommandStation = true
		%RTCommandMinCrew = 6
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
		%TechRequired = unmannedTech
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval     = 0.3
			%PacketSize         = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}
}

// Kerbalmax PXL-10 'Harbour' Station Control Centre
@PART[sspx-core-375-1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
		%RTCommandMinCrew = 6
	}

%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketSize         = 2
		}
	}
}

// Kerbalmax PPD-8 'Wharf' Station Core
@PART[sspx-core-25-1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
		%RTCommandMinCrew = 6
	}

%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketSize         = 2
		}
	}
}

Here it is. Save it as a .cfg file, then place that file in the GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches folder. Remotetech is obviously required. @Nertea If you want to add this permanently to the patches folder for this mod, go right ahead.

I've been doing a design study (read "having a blast mucking about in the VAB") plan a heavy LKO station. One thing I've found working in 2.5m and 3.75m sizes is the wanting to cap (terminate?) one or more containers in one go. I've had a hard time figuring out what to put on the end.

In 3.75m doing PXL-PPD + PPD-PTD + the cute PTD endcap makes for a lot of steps to come down from 3.75.

In 2.5m, obviously one doesn't want the PPD foil showing. Cap it with... a battery? I actually whacked a NF 2.5m monopropellant tank on the end of one; the four spheres looked good [and you never get to see 'em!] but again, felt like a hack.

This is all about aesthetics, of course, so none of it matters but I was wondering if anyone had any clever suggestions?

Edited by istathar