[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

1 hour ago, Chippy the Space Dog said:

Looking forward to using some of the cool features of this mod.

One thing I've noticed is when crew move into an inflated module their inventory stays in the module they moved from, and kerbals in the inflated modules have no inventories slots at all.

this is a KIS issue with inflatable parts.

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you even read the message you posted?

It's an INTERNAL error, not a broken link.

I’m not a tech person, I have no clue if OP can fix or it doesn’t depend on him. I’ve seen a problem, I’ve reported it.

2 hours ago, Gurki said:

Just FYI, broken/invalid links lead to 404 errors :wink:

When you get 404 errors you get angry.

When you get angry, you go blow off steam.

When you go blow off steam, accidents happen.

When accidents happen, you get an eyepatch.

When you get an eyepatch, people think you're tough.

When people think you're tough, people want to see how tough.

And when people want to see how tough, you wake up in a roadside ditch.

Don't wake up in a roadside ditch!

Having issues with latest version.

B9Partswitch comes back with an error referring to the Stockalike Station Parts Redux.
"No tank type named "food" exists"

Have allready downloaded the latest version of B9partswitch but error keep returning

Below is a part of the .LOG file with the actuall error string. (If full errorlog is needed, let me know and ill upload)

Spoiler

[LOG 17:48:02.565] PartLoader: Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1/sstl-300S1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.601] DragCubeSystem: Part 'sstl-300S1' has defined a procedural drag cube setup
[LOG 17:48:02.616] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1_decoupler/sstl-300S1-decoupler'
[LOG 17:48:02.677] PartLoader: Part 'SSTL/Parts/300S1/300S1_decoupler/sstl-300S1-decoupler' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.699] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sstl-300S1-decoupler'
[LOG 17:48:02.744] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Containers/sspx-cargo-container-25-1/sspx-cargo-container-25-1'
[WRN 17:48:02.775] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[ERR 17:48:02.776] Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: B9PartSwitch.HandledFatalException: Fatal exception while attempting to load fields for B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No tank type named 'Food' exists
  at B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.GetTankType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.TankTypeValueParser.Parse (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.ValueScalarMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at B9PartSwitch.FatalErrorHandler.HandleFatalError (B9PartSwitch.FatalException exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataList.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataObjectExtensions.LoadFields (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.NodeObjectWrapper.Load (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataMappers.NodeListMapper.Load (System.Object& fieldValue, .ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.NodeDataField.Load (.ConfigNode node, B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Context.OperationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 17:48:02.815] PartLoader: Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Containers/sspx-cargo-container-25-1/sspx-cargo-container-25-1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:48:02.841] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sspx-cargo-container-25-1'
[EXC 17:48:02.869] InvalidOperationException: Cannot get volume before parent has been linked!
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.get_TotalVolume ()
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.GetInfo ()
    PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
    PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Hoping for some help!

Cheers

56 minutes ago, dxeh said:

Having issues with latest version.

B9Partswitch comes back with an error referring to the Stockalike Station Parts Redux.
"No tank type named "food" exists"

Cheers

I suspect you're using Kerbalism. Kerbalism's config is missing the tank type definitions. It has the subtypes but not these. This is for that dev to fix, not Nertea.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I suspect you're using Kerbalism. Kerbalism's config is missing the tank type definitions. It has the subtypes but not these. This is for that dev to fix, not Nertea.

aight.. will try to delete kerbalism than and see if it works. 

if it does, ill addres the issue on that mod-topic..

thnx

On 4/9/2018 at 6:13 PM, Beetlecat said:

It's a *relatively* new feature... Maybe since 1.3?

Ah OK and I went from 1.2.2 to 1.3.1. Now I don't feel as bad. :) Thanks Beetlecat. (By the way is that like a beetle mixed with battlecat? :wink: )

On 3/30/2018 at 2:28 PM, Nertea said:

Not really. In name only. Add the new mod, retire your ships, then delete the old mod. Or keep it around, they don't hurt each other. 

You'll get this in the next update, but I won't be bringing back the docking modules of ugly hideousness.

Screen_Shot_2018-03-11_at_1.32.03_PM.png

Man that's sweet. I'm assuming (based on those hydraulics) that the docking ring rotates flat down to the hatch?

On 3/29/2018 at 8:32 PM, Mordrehl said:

I would love a 1.25m version of the Clamp Senior ... hate the look of joining parts with two regular clamp o trons

Hey Mordrehl the Endurance mod has a very flat 1.25 docking port that works with standard ports. Maybe not a perfect solution depending on how you like the style but it's something!
https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/endurance-interstellar-continued

On 4/12/2018 at 3:01 AM, Starwaster said:

When you get 404 errors you get angry.

When you get angry, you go blow off steam.

When you go blow off steam, accidents happen.

When accidents happen, you get an eyepatch.

When you get an eyepatch, people think you're tough.

When people think you're tough, people want to see how tough.

And when people want to see how tough, you wake up in a roadside ditch.

Don't wake up in a roadside ditch!

404s. Not even once.

getting nre spam from scatter when flying crafts using the parts:
[EXC 08:52:01.659] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.RenderTexture.IsCreated ()
    scatterer.BufferRenderingManager.OnPreRender ()

halp the parts they beautiful

Edited by Ventzi

3 hours ago, Ventzi said:

getting nre spam from scatter when flying crafts using the parts:
[EXC 08:52:01.659] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.RenderTexture.IsCreated ()
    scatterer.BufferRenderingManager.OnPreRender ()

halp the parts they beautiful

As the exception suggests, that’s Scatterer, not this mod.

12 hours ago, Ventzi said:

it was only happening when using parts from this pack,
from the scatter thread people have isolated it to B9PartSwitch

So, if that's the case, why are you posting here and not B9PartSwitch?  The error is clearly generated by Scatterer.

3 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

So, if that's the case, why are you posting here and not B9PartSwitch?  The error is clearly generated by Scatterer.

Scatterer may be triggering the bug, but there appears to be more to it than that, per the comments in the Scatterer WIP thread. This error seems to actually be caused by something weird with B9PartSwitch, which is a required dependency for many of Nertea's mods. 

Posting here will help people encountering the log spam referring to SSPX and performance drops to realize the bug(s) have been noticed by others and they're not alone. It's *NOT* just a Scatterer bug. It's *NOT* just an SSPX bug. It's *NOT* just a B9PartsSwitch bug. It's the interaction of them all.