[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

Hi,

Great Mod! I'm having trouble where the contact system doesn't seem to count the inflated and/or rotation hab sections when doing "expand station" contacts. So it's value of "current supports" number is too low.

Likewise it doesn't recognize the large cupola as a cupola.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:39 AM, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Let's go 1.5.1!

:D

+ 5 days to release timer, whenever that was. 

On 10/21/2018 at 2:02 AM, linecrafter said:

I'm having issues installing this mod, the game wont load and this error shows up

Hide contents

fhQyGfn.png

KSP:1.3.1

Mods:

Reveal hidden contents

ASET props
AT_Utils
B9 part switch
Bettertimewarp
Burn Together!    
Collision FX (CollisionFX v4.0)
CommunityCategoryKit
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.2.1)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.23.3)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.0.1)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.16.0)
Distant Object Enhancement    
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS)    
Engine Lighting (EngineLighting 1.5.1)
EVE
Extraplanetary Launchpads
Firespitter    BobPalmer
Flight Manager for Reusable Stages [FMRS]
FlexoDocking
Hangar Extender        
HyperEdit    
HeatControl
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
Hullcamera VDS
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 2.10.3)
KS3P    
Kerbal Attachment System    
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion Continued
Kerbal Inventory System
Kerbal Engineer Redux
KerbalHacks
Kerbal-Konstructs (KerbalKonstructs 1.2.0.1)
KerbalReusabilityExpansion
KerbalScienceFoundation
Kerbin Side GAP (KerbinSideGAP 2.3)
Kerbin-Side Complete continued (KerbinSide 3:1.4)
KerbinSide Core (KerbinSideCore 3:1.4)
Kopernicus
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier    
LoadingScreenManager
Lonsesome Robots Station Parts
MechJeb 2    
ModularFlightIntegrator
Module Manager    
MouseAimFlight
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.3.0.1)
Near Future Solar
Mun Pocket Edition
PlanetShine
QuickBrake (QuickBrake v1.33)
QuickCursorHider (QuickCursorHider v1.06)
QuickGoTo (QuickGoTo v1.33)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch v3.20)
QuickStart (QuickStart v2.14)
RealPlume
RasterPropMonitor    
RecoveryController
Scatterer
Scifi Visual Enchancements
SETI-Contracts (SETI-Contracts 1.3.0.0)
SETI-Rebalance (SETI-BalanceMod 1.3.0.2)
SimpleConstruction (SimpleConstruction 1:3.4.6)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin    
SPC
TakeCommandContinued (TakeCommandContinued 1.4.11)
TextureReplacerReplaced
Textures Unlimited    
Throttle Controlled Avionics
Tundrea Exploration
Tundra Techonologies
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.16.5)
Transfer Window Planner    
Unmanned before Manned (SETI-UbM) (UnmannedBeforeManned 1.3.0.2)
Vessel Mover    
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.7.0)
WindowShine

LOG file

I suspect this was fixed in a 1.4.x era update. 

On 10/21/2018 at 8:27 PM, Nicias said:

Hi,

Great Mod! I'm having trouble where the contact system doesn't seem to count the inflated and/or rotation hab sections when doing "expand station" contacts. So it's value of "current supports" number is too low.

Likewise it doesn't recognize the large cupola as a cupola.

The second thing is a good catch. The first one might not be fixable. 

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

The second thing is a good catch. The first one might not be fixable. 

I don't understand how the inflatible/extendable parts are coded, but I see that they have in the cfg's, for example:

CrewCapacity = 0
DeployedCrewCapacity = 8

Might it be possible to set them up to have:

CrewCapacity = 8
RetractedCrewCapacity = 0

Of course, that would require recoding. It also might break other things and I have no idea how difficult it would be.

3 minutes ago, Nicias said:

I don't understand how the inflatible/extendable parts are coded, but I see that they have in the cfg's, for example:

CrewCapacity = 0
DeployedCrewCapacity = 8

Might it be possible to set them up to have:

CrewCapacity = 8
RetractedCrewCapacity = 0

Of course, that would require recoding. It also might break other things and I have no idea how difficult it would be.

Nope, because of how KSP handles IVAs and crap, this was not possible. 

8 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Nope, because of how KSP handles IVAs and crap, this was not possible. 

Well, crap. That's too bad. I really like the centrifuges, but I also like station building contracts. What would happen if I added my own MM config to changes the CrewCapacity to be the same as the Deployed value? 

8 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

@Nicias I suppose the extendables and inflatables are not suited to be crewed when packed/stowed/not extended or inflated. It makes perfect sense they have crew capacity once they're extended/inflated/unpacked.

They could enter into the cores but the cores are liable to have folded framework and not really be suitable for actual habitation... (so... yeah, best to have crew = 0 until they are set up)

11 minutes ago, Nicias said:

Well, crap. That's too bad. I really like the centrifuges, but I also like station building contracts. What would happen if I added my own MM config to changes the CrewCapacity to be the same as the Deployed value? 

You would be able to add crew into the centrifuges in the VAB primarily, which will have unpredictable behavior on the rest of the mod. Most likely they will jus die on load but at least you will fullfil the contract?

I can't find anywhere in the codebase that this is checked but I am still working on it.

19 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

@Nicias I suppose the extendables and inflatables are not suited to be crewed when packed/stowed/not extended or inflated. It makes perfect sense they have crew capacity once they're extended/inflated/unpacked.

I agree. I just wanted the stock contract system to count them as having the crew capacity for the purpose of calculating the current capacity of a station for station expansion contracts. I suppose this was because that system was seeing the "CrewCapacity" variable and not the "DeployedCrewCapacity" variable. So I suggested switching the paradigm. 

Presumably, the parts report their current capacity as CrewCapacity when retracted and DeployedCrewCapacity when deployed. The contract system only sees the CrewCapacity when making new contracts (It honors "Deployed CrewCapacity" when checking active contracts. It's actually neat watching the contract go green when you deploy the hab.)

I was suggesting switching the behavior. So that the parts report their current capacity as "RetractedCrewCapacity = 0" when retracted and "CrewCapacity = 8" when deployed.

Nertea said this was impossible for other reasons.

15 minutes ago, Nicias said:

I agree. I just wanted the stock contract system to count them as having the crew capacity for the purpose of calculating the current capacity of a station for station expansion contracts. I suppose this was because that system was seeing the "CrewCapacity" variable and not the "DeployedCrewCapacity" variable. So I suggested switching the paradigm. 

Presumably, the parts report their current capacity as CrewCapacity when retracted and DeployedCrewCapacity when deployed. The contract system only sees the CrewCapacity when making new contracts (It honors "Deployed CrewCapacity" when checking active contracts. It's actually neat watching the contract go green when you deploy the hab.)

I was suggesting switching the behavior. So that the parts report their current capacity as "RetractedCrewCapacity = 0" when retracted and "CrewCapacity = 8" when deployed.

Nertea said this was impossible for other reasons.

Hang on, that's a little different than what I thought.

I was thinking that the deployed state was never tracking for the contract correctly so "Build a station with X crew" was never completable. You're saying that for the purposes of station expansion contracts, the station simply doesn't count the deployed modules as deployed with appropriate crew capacity when considering the current station it's designing a contract for. Is that correct?

An example:

• Station generates a contract to expand to 6 crew
  • Already a big crew inflatable on the station with 12 crew capacity. 
  • Contract is therefore instantly completable
Edited by Nertea
Clarified wording

8 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Hang on, that's a little different than what I thought.

I was thinking that the deployed state was never tracking for the contract correctly so "Build a station with X crew" was never completable. You're saying that for the purposes of station expansion contracts, the station simply doesn't count the deployed modules as deployed with appropriate crew capacity when considering the current station it's designing a contract. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. Let's say that a station has a hitchhiker and a 8 person inflatable centrifuge (inflated).  I might get a contract that requests that I expand the station to support 9 kerbals (and indicates that it currently only supports 4). If I just switch to the station, the check box for "supports 9 kerbals" is checked. 

I can double-check when I get home.

Edited by Nicias

1 minute ago, Nicias said:

Yes, that is correct. Let's say that a station has a hitchhiker and a 8 person inflatable centrifuge (inflated).  I might get a contract that requests that I expand the station to support 9 kerbals (and indicates that it currently only supports 4). If I just switch to the station, the check box for "supports 9 kerbals" is checked. 

I can double-check when I get home.

Okay, unfortunately this is probably lower priority than what I though beforet. The root cause is the same (contract system doesn't care about the actual loaded part, but only about the base version in the config) but it's only going to be hitting a much smaller set of contracts than I previously supposed, which makes it a bit lot lower on the to-address list.

The good news is that I added some more station-building contracts so you will have some more to do at minimum next update I guess...

7 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Okay, unfortunately this is probably lower priority than what I though beforet. The root cause is the same (contract system doesn't care about the actual loaded part, but only about the base version in the config) but it's only going to be hitting a much smaller set of contracts than I previously supposed, which makes it a bit lot lower on the to-address list.

The good news is that I added some more station-building contracts so you will have some more to do at minimum next update I guess...

Yeah, right now I just kinda ignore it.  If the contract says to add 15 seats, I add 15 seats.  The only downside is that I don't get the nice contact completion on hab inflation.  The cupola thing is more annoying.

26 minutes ago, Nicias said:

Yeah, right now I just kinda ignore it.  If the contract says to add 15 seats, I add 15 seats.  The only downside is that I don't get the nice contact completion on hab inflation.  The cupola thing is more annoying.

Yep that last is an easier fix. 

4 hours ago, linecrafter said:

So no SSPXR on 1.3.1 for me?

I'm sorry, I can't really support old versions effectively as I lack the time. Perhaps some other forum users that are running on 1.3.x can help you? 

For your own additional information, it looks like the patch that tries to set up containers to support your other mods has an issue with it. I remember user PRs fixing some issues like this in the early days of the mod. You may be able to fix it on your end without too much difficulty. 

It seems that some of the habitation modules like the pxl-2 shelter (SSPR version 1.0.8.0) don't 'record' kerbal experience: I had a bunch of tourism contracts in career that had to be flown again in different habitats because of this. I mean, for example, if a tourist had to land on Minmus and was seated on the pxl-2 it was as he had never landed there, even if the ship as a whole, of course, had. The same happens for KSC crew (engineers, pilots and scientists). I opened up the pxl-2 config and noticed that the entry 'vesselType = ship' is missing. Adding this seems to solve the issue: I just like to ask if this could have some unwanted results.

18 hours ago, linecrafter said:

So no SSPXR on 1.3.1 for me?

As Nertea mentioned, it must be a mod conflict in your game, as I run this mod on 1.3.1 without any problems.

Remove some of your other mods until you find the culprit, and then decide if you can live without it.

This mod here is high on my priority list, and I am glad it runs fine in my installs. But it has to be said your mod list is maybe 5 times bigger than mine.

7 hours ago, Terensky said:

It seems that some of the habitation modules like the pxl-2 shelter (SSPR version 1.0.8.0) don't 'record' kerbal experience: I had a bunch of tourism contracts in career that had to be flown again in different habitats because of this. I mean, for example, if a tourist had to land on Minmus and was seated on the pxl-2 it was as he had never landed there, even if the ship as a whole, of course, had. The same happens for KSC crew (engineers, pilots and scientists). I opened up the pxl-2 config and noticed that the entry 'vesselType = ship' is missing. Adding this seems to solve the issue: I just like to ask if this could have some unwanted results.

I wonder if that was why I wasn't getting pilot experience when I had the cupola on my rocket... That entry's not in that part's config either; mind you, I wouldn't expect it to be; a quick search through my install barely a third of crewed parts have the vesselType flag set. How strange!

22 hours ago, Terensky said:

Great find! It will be in the next version.

Some notes on that because I'm releasing some updates for some mods tonight but not this one: I have finished a number of upgrades and bugfixes, but am still working on the docking port rotation problems and a few minor bugs, as well as some updates to USI integration. It is next on my update list though when I have time to fix those issues.

Still an amazing mod, one of the best parts mods I ever tried. I cant believe all the work that must have went into this.

The IVAs, the symmetry of the textures, all the detail...the parts just look amazing.

Also a well thought out selection of parts and functionalities. Many many thanks @Nertea

In a way this mod made me getting back into KSP again a while ago, and I still play that 1.3.1 install. Works and looks so nice. No reason to not update, I just like this version of KSP the best so far and still play it a lot.

All the best

.Daf

Edited by Dafni

I love this mod and all, but the IVA's definitely need some work. Most of them just have kerbals floating in mid air, glitched into walls and consoles. For example, the 1.25 and 2.5 meter centrifuges have kerbals glitched everywhere, and the 1.25 meter cupola for example has switches and controls floating in midair next to the kerbal like the IVA was very lazily produced. Also, the winston and volleyball inflatable modules have some of the worst IVA's I've seen in a while, an empty blob with a big thing in the center with 3 kerbals floating without seats, despite sitting in a seated position, and the big 2.5 meter observation window pod really lacks detail; it works fine, but it would be better with some kind of detail, maybe a plant in the middle or something. It's a shame that such a great mod has such bad unfinished IVAs.

I just noticed, that of all the expandable habitats, only the two 3.75m "try" to add TACLS resources. But the MM script uses the "CrewCapacity" Variable as multiplier for adding the resources, which in turn is zero, as the actual capacity is defined through "DeployedCrewCapacity" from the modules "ModuleDeployableHabitat" or "ModuleDeployableCentrifuge". I tried to extract that value from the respective Module, but I can't figure it out entirely.

I also made a script to add the Visual Scan experiment to the 2.5 cupola and some other cupolas from other mods:

@PART[cupola]:FOR[zzzzStationParts]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment],0{}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceExperiment

experimentID = sspxVisualObservation

experimentActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Name
		resetActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Reset
		reviewActionName = #LOC_SSPX_Science_VisualScan_Action_Review

useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		hideUIwhenUnavailable = True
		rerunnable = True
		usageReqMaskInternal = 5
		usageReqMaskExternal = -1
		xmitDataScalar = 1.0
	}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_Cupola_g]:FOR[zzzzStationParts]
{
	MODULE
	{

useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		rerunnable = True
		usageReqMaskInternal = 5
		xmitDataScalar = 1.0
	}
}
@PART[M3X_CyclopsCockpit]:FOR[zzzzStationParts]
{
	MODULE
	{

useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		rerunnable = True
		usageReqMaskInternal = 5
		xmitDataScalar = 1.0
	}
}

I'd also suggest raising the base value of the Visual Scan to 15, so you don't need to spam the transmission button to get all the science from that (similar to Crew Report).