Nertea

[1.6.x] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (Jan 17)

First things first: This is a fantastic mod and an absolute essential for me. Thanks for making it! Brilliant stuff!

Onto my issue. I just updated my KSP from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1. And resultingly I then updated both this mod and MKS to the latest 1.6.* tokened versions (via CKAN). Of note is that RoverDude released said latest version of MKS *today*.

After that change, my hydroponics, aquaculture etc modules on my space stations are broken and no longer produce supplies (the whole crew of my huge Kerbal International Space Station has gone grouchy as a result - and it's not pretty, it's like the gilet jeunes protest, but in space).

While I cannot exclude that some of my Kerbals may be Krench (that's from Krance, the country on Kerbin best known for cheese and going on strike), I note that also in the VAB the "resource converter" function no longer appears for these parts in the right click info menu. On the other hand, all MKS nom-o-matics have the resource converter well there and seem to work fine.

Just wondering if this is a known issue or if anyone could point me to a solution - before my 18 striking Kerbals throw molotovs in the space station, or something,

Thanks!

Edited by liTWave

9 minutes ago, liTWave said:

After that change, my hydroponics, aquaculture etc modules on my space stations are broken and no longer produce supplies (the whole crew of my huge Kerbal International Space Station has gone grouchy as a result - and it's not pretty, it's like the gilet jeunes protest, but in space).

While I cannot exclude that some of my Kerbals may be Krench (that's from Krance, the country on Kerbin best known for cheese and going on strike), I note that also in the VAB the "resource converter" function no longer appears for these parts in the right click info menu. On the other hand, all MKS nom-o-matics have the resource converter well there and seem to work fine.

This was fixed in dev 2 days ago and Nertea has said it will be included in the next release. In the meantime if you can't wait, download this file and replace the existing one in your GameData folder with it (or copy and paste it's contents).

Hello, I'm trying to install this mod, but it keeps crashing during the loading screen. I have tried installing with CKAN and manually. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what... Any insight would be much appreciated, thank you.

34 minutes ago, ColdWindPhoenix said:

Hello, I'm trying to install this mod, but it keeps crashing during the loading screen. I have tried installing with CKAN and manually. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what... Any insight would be much appreciated, thank you.

Welcome to the forums.

A good start would be to do a second install of KSP and try installing only SSPRX and it's dependencies - see if it runs that way. If it does, then there's probably a conflict with another mod. Try adding your other mods to that new install until you find the one that causes the crash.

Once you've figured that out let the forum know which one is conflicting and maybe one of us can point you in the right direction

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ColdWindPhoenix said:

Awesome, that's a great idea. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

Hey folks. I spent my snowed in day revisiting USI-LS balance for SSPXR. I found that the current user-supplied config  posted on Git has some pretty high costs and benefits - large rotating rings cost almost as much power to run as an ISRU and allow Kerbals to live for decades if not centuries. Since this mod is "Near Future" and not "Far Future" I tried to reduce power costs and shorten habitation times as may occur in the near future

Key points:

• Kerbals should be able to live for a few months on small stations, years on interplanetary ships and maybe a few decades at most on larger stations - 100 years is possible, but would take a really mammoth station.
  • Power requirements for living quarters - even rotating habitats - shouldn't be that high. It's not very energy intensive to spin or heat a rotating hab. The challenge is unlocking the tech, then getting it into space and assembled into a station. 
  • Recycling - low efficiency recycling is common. More efficient recycling is left to labs and dedicated recycling modules.

Two pictures below:

1. a small 1.25m station - similar to early Salyut stations - capable of supporting a crew of 2-3 for a couple of months without resupply
  2. a 3.75m interplanetary ship - similar in size to Hermes from The Martian - capable of supporting a crew of 6 for about 7 years

I'm looking for feedback - Does this feel about right? Do people prefer this or do you like the decade/centuries balance of the former config file?

@Boamere I know you just did a lot of work updating the old config to new USI-LS...that saved me a lot of time, thanks! I'm very interested in your take on this.

JYKL2ZX.png

JMuUPeJ.png

Edited by Tyko
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:03 PM, Tyko said:

I'm looking for feedback - Does this feel about right? Do people prefer this or do you like the decade/centuries balance of the former config file?

Yes, I certainly agree with your approach. I'd be happy to have this balanced config file.