[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

18 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Would there be a conflict between this mod and Ven's SR as they both replace the Hitchhiker/mobile lab? Could I just delete the configs for those parts from this/that mod?

This mod is designed to overwrite Ven's changes if they're installed (I assume you want things to match). You can delete the configs if you don't want that. 

1 hour ago, Sokol_323 said:

Can I make custom parameters for cargo containers? I for example am not interested to carry only ore. I don't use life-support mods. It would be interesting to choose that ship, maybe using KAS/KIS.

yes you can. you can add a tank type for each configuration you want and then add a subtype (switching option in the parts) with great ease. you cannot, however, add KIS volume as a switching option.

Here's a sample config to get started.

Spoiler

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	name = newtanktype1
	tankMass = 0.0
	tankCost = 0
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Resource1
		unitsPerVolume = 0.2 // ideally, all your unitsPerVolume should add up to 1
		percentFilled = 0 // optional; if you want just this resource to start empty
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Resource2
		unitsPerVolume = 0.3
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Resource3
		unitsPerVolume = 0.5
	}
}

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	name = newtanktype2
	tankMass = 0.0
	tankCost = 0
	percentFilled = 0 // optional; if you want all resources to start empty
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Resource1
		unitsPerVolume = 0.7
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Resource2
		unitsPerVolume = 0.3
	}
}

@PART[sspx-cargo-container*]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = LifeSupport
			tankType = newtanktype1 // tank type name
			title = First Combo //can be anything but keep under 10 characters to not overflow its UI space
			transform = OreDecal // this is the hard part specific to SSPX. just use this one in all your tank types
		}

SUBTYPE
		{
			name = LifeSupport
			tankType = newtanktype2
			title = Second Combo
			transform = OreDecal
		}
	}
}

1 hour ago, popos1 said:

HI, is there a kerbalism support? And it working on 1.4.1?

Nope, no support. The Kerbalism fans have to create it and ship it elsewhere or in Kerbalism itself.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

OK. I will try to do on such an option. It is not terrible that there is no support for KIS, I have in the game container, which can be used for this. Just parts of this mod are so good that you can make different replica spaceships, such as the same ATV.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Are you using KSP 1.4?

If so, try it and let us know. Nertea is a very, very busy fellow.

Seems to work. I recompiled the HabUtils dll just in case, and I have no idea if I actually did that correctly (because I don't actually know how that stuff works), but with that simple recompile, stuff moves around and expands in flight and whatnot. But: no extensive testing, to be sure.

8 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

1.4.1, Keep getting an error upon loading - says something about B9 Part Switcher throwing a fatal error and closing KSP because "SSPX Commodities" doesn't exist.

Please provide logs, as the error message says, the real cause is probably in there somewhere.

5 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

Thanks!  As a workaround for now you can install Community Resource Pack.

@Nertea I think this might be a bug.  The tank type shows up if you have CRP installed: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/1eb80a9a4364b64aabc43af7291b09b789ecd18b/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfg#L76 but the subtype with it is added if MKS is installed: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/1eb80a9a4364b64aabc43af7291b09b789ecd18b/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-Containers-Switches.cfg#L98 - so if you have MKS but not CRP, this will error.

1 hour ago, -ctn- said:

Rgh.

41 minutes ago, -ctn- said:
28 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@Nertea I think this might be a bug.  The tank type shows up if you have CRP installed: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/1eb80a9a4364b64aabc43af7291b09b789ecd18b/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfg#L76 but the subtype with it is added if MKS is installed: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/1eb80a9a4364b64aabc43af7291b09b789ecd18b/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-Containers-Switches.cfg#L98 - so if you have MKS but not CRP, this will error.

I wasn't aware MKS could actually function without CRP, I thought they were pretty inextricable...

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

I wasn't aware MKS could actually function without CRP, I thought they were pretty inextricable...

You might be right.  I didn't see any mention of it in the OP of the thread, but it does seem to be in the repo.

4 hours ago, -ctn- said:

1.4.1, Keep getting an error upon loading - says something about B9 Part Switcher throwing a fatal error and closing KSP because "SSPX Commodities" doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, blowfish said:

For me, it keeps getting a fatal error, but with "No resource definition named "MetallicOre" could be found"
Here's the output log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/noqgdtqp54fobne/output_log.txt?dl=0

P.S.: I have CRP and updated the MM

Edited by OtoNaoe

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

Rgh.

1.4.1.2089 to be precise.

And sorry guys! It works now that I reinstalled CRP. I must have goofed it up when switching mods over. My bad.

10 minutes ago, OtoNaoe said:

For me, it keeps getting a fatal error, but with "No resource definition named "MetallicOre" could be found"
Here's the output log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/noqgdtqp54fobne/output_log.txt?dl=0

P.S.: I have CRP and updated the MM

I don't see that exception in your log (it would show up if it happened).  Are you sure that's from the same run?

You have a ton of mods generating exceptions though.  I would recommend a clean install at some point.

Welp... did a clean install, and idk it runs perfectly. Maybe something to do with all of the leftover mod's dll? I read my output log and found many mods that i already removed. Dunno though...

P.S.: It crashed with the scatterer but it's irrelevant
P.P.S.: Sorry for my bad english..

Edited by OtoNaoe

So still no "official-creator" statement that it works with 1.4.1? (<-- i'm using this version)

I'll wait for the moment. Too much uni work to look into any bugs atm anyways ^_^

Can't wait to use the self-levelling-gear (really good idea) keep up the great modding OP!

Edited by RB101

I have a couple questions that relate to SSPRedux but also somewhat SSP (aka Stockalike Station Parts, which I know that's no longer officially supported).

Are there any known issues why parts from SSP would stop showing up when I loaded in KSP 1.4? I thought I read that SSPRedux and SSP would be fine together. In fact they were fine in 1.3.1, but when my game updated and I loaded in, a number of my ships using SSP were removed from the game.

I do believe the SSPRedux parts were showing in the VAB. And I can see both SSP and SSPRedux sub folders just fine in my GameData folder. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks for any guidance or assistance!

Edited by scottadges

Hi Nertea, thanks for updating this great mod. I wanted to ask you about using this with JSI Advanced Transparent Pods. I see 1 picture in your imgur album that shows the external IVA view on the Mercury, and I'm assuming ATP was how it was done. I don't seem to be able to use ATP with your parts, although it works with others. Tried reinstalling both and no luck.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/help you can give.

Edit: Couple points of clarifications - I'm on 1.3.1 and using SSPR v1.0.2. Also, when I say not working I also mean the ATP option in the right click menu is not available.

Edited by shuggaloaf

I downloaded @RoverDude balancing spreadsheet and started playing with it, with the goal of adding to @JadeOfMaar patches for USILS and MKS support.

@Nertea , will it be OK if the module patches change things like mass? I had done a first pass with the 3.75 fishtank because I thought Jade's numbers seemed a little low. In short, if I did it right, the numbers can be increased a bit to match the volume of the part, but the mass of the part is 45% higher than the calculated mass in the spreadsheet. That's a big change. If people add USILS and MKS to an existing, it can greatly affect their designs.

Thanks

On 3/21/2018 at 8:23 AM, shuggaloaf said:

Hi Nertea, thanks for updating this great mod. I wanted to ask you about using this with JSI Advanced Transparent Pods. I see 1 picture in your imgur album that shows the external IVA view on the Mercury, and I'm assuming ATP was how it was done. I don't seem to be able to use ATP with your parts, although it works with others. Tried reinstalling both and no luck.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/help you can give.

Edit: Couple points of clarifications - I'm on 1.3.1 and using SSPR v1.0.2. Also, when I say not working I also mean the ATP option in the right click menu is not available.

Transparent pods are a feature of stock (IVA overlay function), not any other mod.

10 minutes ago, Gilph said:

I downloaded @RoverDude balancing spreadsheet and started playing with it, with the goal of adding to @JadeOfMaar patches for USILS and MKS support.

@Nertea , will it be OK if the module patches change things like mass? I had done a first pass with the 3.75 fishtank because I thought Jade's numbers seemed a little low. In short, if I did it right, the numbers can be increased a bit to match the volume of the part, but the mass of the part is 45% higher than the calculated mass in the spreadsheet. That's a big change. If people add USILS and MKS to an existing, it can greatly affect their designs.

Thanks

It would really be best if they didn't, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Nertea said:

It would really be best if they didn't, IMO.

OK

I guess I could tune for mass and not volume, knowing that what should be a very large piece is now a much smaller, albeit heaver piece. Mass efficiency is the thing that will cause most people to decide what part to use. A 10 ton recycler should be able to recycle an awful lot, even if it's a smaller part.