[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

14 minutes ago, Carrot said:

hiya. May I ask how to get them inflated? I put them on the launch pad but they doesn't spin nor inflated at all :(

An engineer must be onboard the vessel before they'll inflate. Once they're inflated/extended, you can spin them up.

I installed this mod about a week ago, and in fact I had just upgraded to Module Manger 3.0.7. as well as the NerTea props 0.3.3 and when i ran it i got this error..

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also I am using the latest version of KSP (1.4.3)

Edited Note: This same error pops up with "Heat Control" as well (Which are all done by the same person. 

Space__Coyote
Edited by Space_Coyote
inserting picture

20 hours ago, istathar said:

I've been doing a design study (read "having a blast mucking about in the VAB") plan a heavy LKO station. One thing I've found working in 2.5m and 3.75m sizes is the wanting to cap (terminate?) one or more containers in one go. I've had a hard time figuring out what to put on the end.

In 3.75m doing PXL-PPD + PPD-PTD + the cute PTD endcap makes for a lot of steps to come down from 3.75.

In 2.5m, obviously one doesn't want the PPD foil showing. Cap it with... a battery? I actually whacked a NF 2.5m monopropellant tank on the end of one; the four spheres looked good [and you never get to see 'em!] but again, felt like a hack.

This is all about aesthetics, of course, so none of it matters but I was wondering if anyone had any clever suggestions?

Cupolas and large docking ports are always good. Other mods (such as SSTU and MKS) offer additional options with quasi-procedural end pieces.

3 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

@Space_Coyote

That is a Mini AVC alert. All is well, it’s just telling you that the mod was made for v1.4.2 

So since3 this is a MiniAVC Alert, disregard, but I think they need to update that then so these errors don't pop up that much if at all, they're annoying as sin. just my thoughts

Space_Coyote

9 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

So since3 this is a MiniAVC Alert, disregard, but I think they need to update that then so these errors don't pop up that much if at all, they're annoying as sin. just my thoughts

Space_Coyote

You can kill it yourself.

Just remove the MiniAVC.dll in the mod folder.

18 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

You can kill it yourself.

Just remove the MiniAVC.dll in the mod folder.

Thank you for the tip, and in fact already done, works like a charm.. well, back to building that space station.

Space_Coyote

On 5/12/2018 at 5:35 AM, Cyrious said:

An engineer must be onboard the vessel before they'll inflate. Once they're inflated/extended, you can spin them up.

I accidentally deflated one after my engineer had left the station.

Ooooopsie...

2 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Is thee any definitive way to make this mod weld-friendly ? the fps is killing me !

I mean welding parts work, but sometimes textures are missing from the welds...

I'm now using Kerbo Katz FPS limiter to reduce the stutter on my modded system. Limiting my FPS to 30  with KerboKatz mod makes the game much more playable on my system. Might be helpful...

On 5/12/2018 at 2:35 AM, Cyrious said:

I am a little bit confused by this comment let me explain

Let's say I have a centrifuge next to a habitable unit, and there's an engineer (Say   the default engineer (Bob I Believe it is),), and you can't transfer to the centrifuge to inflate it,  Yet he's on the ship and he can't turn it on? like on a ground test..) so it has to be in space to inflate?  and I've tried a myriad of units from the PPD Core unit to the PPD 10 and even the PPD 24 and 25. with no success. (Of course these are all "Ground test" (Sits out on the pad engineer on board and the unit right next to the habitat the engineer is in.)

So again, I'm confused..

Like I said, I'm kind of confused about this with the engineer on board to inflate cause if he can't get into the unit to inflate it how does the little guy do it?

Thoughts? 

Space_Coyote

5 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

I am a little bit confused by this comment let me explain

Let's say I have a centrifuge next to a habitable unit, and there's an engineer (Say   the default engineer (Bob I Believe it is),), and you can't transfer to the centrifuge to inflate it,  Yet he's on the ship and he can't turn it on? like on a ground test..) so it has to be in space to inflate?  and I've tried a myriad of units from the PPD Core unit to the PPD 10 and even the PPD 24 and 25. with no success. (Of course these are all "Ground test" (Sits out on the pad engineer on board and the unit right next to the habitat the engineer is in.)

So again, I'm confused..

Like I said, I'm kind of confused about this with the engineer on board to inflate cause if he can't get into the unit to inflate it how does the little guy do it?

Thoughts? 

Space_Coyote

What Centrifuge unit are you trying to deploy? CTD-5 and CTD-10 require 1 engineer (the small donuts), PFD-C (big donut) and PXL-F (tri-beam rigid one) require 2, and the PXL-E (huge rigid one) requires 3.

Hullo and many thanks for what is possibly the greatest space station mod ever. Seeding the solar system with refuelling orbitals has provided me with much fun.

Do you guys find that everything works fine in 1.4.3? I'm hesitating to update my OPM/SSxr game from 1.4.2 at the moment.

On 5/14/2018 at 4:56 AM, Space_Coyote said:

On 5/14/2018 at 5:09 AM, Cyrious said:

What Centrifuge unit are you trying to deploy? CTD-5 and CTD-10 require 1 engineer (the small donuts), PFD-C (big donut) and PXL-F (tri-beam rigid one) require 2, and the PXL-E (huge rigid one) requires 3.

With only SSPXr, all you need to do is have the correct number of engineers inside the vessel to inflate it, as @Cyrious has said. If you have other mods installed, they sometimes include patches to modify the default behavior. If you have MKS, it adds a requirement of MaterialKits to inflate. MKS also has a mechanic that some of the MKS parts must be inflated by a Kerbal on EVA, but that's not the case with SSPXr parts.

On 5/12/2018 at 12:56 AM, istathar said:

I've been doing a design study (read "having a blast mucking about in the VAB") plan a heavy LKO station. One thing I've found working in 2.5m and 3.75m sizes is the wanting to cap (terminate?) one or more containers in one go. I've had a hard time figuring out what to put on the end.

In 3.75m doing PXL-PPD + PPD-PTD + the cute PTD endcap makes for a lot of steps to come down from 3.75.

In 2.5m, obviously one doesn't want the PPD foil showing. Cap it with... a battery? I actually whacked a NF 2.5m monopropellant tank on the end of one; the four spheres looked good [and you never get to see 'em!] but again, felt like a hack.

This is all about aesthetics, of course, so none of it matters but I was wondering if anyone had any clever suggestions?

This is something that is an obvious use for Tweakscale. The Tweakscale pack does have details of how to config something in its documentation file, and the PTD endcap would be the obvious part to use with that, if it doesn't already.

I may be thinking of a different style of end-cap or blanking plate, usable with one of those multiway hubs (or I may be looking at a different PTD part). I find the localisation system can split the familiar name from the .cfg file, which wasn't helping. I've tended to use a docking port. The old-style multi-size ports that Captain Kipard produced are still working in 1.4.x KSP, and are what I use in such situations. 

3 hours ago, NorthernBruce said:

@Wolf Baginski  Could you confirm the name of the mod for the multi size docking ports that you're talking about above? I'm thinking its Kip Engineering 1.0.5 mod but it hasn't had any activity in a while. Having a 3.75m docking port that will accommodate every size below it would be very handy.

Yes, that's the one.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover it's still working with current KSP.

I have a question about the greenhouse. Does it produce a sudden flood of food all at once, or does it produce a trickle of food over time?

OK, never mind. I couldn't figure out why it seemed to be making no food, then I looked through the config and found out that "minerals" were a necessary input resource. I didn't have any on board.

Edited by mikegarrison

Hey, guz!

And there is a new tinny little patch for TweakScale. Now for Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux. Ability to scaling added only for structural IVA'less parts (tubes, adaptors, cargo containers, etc.)

P.S. Dear, @Nertea, I know, that now you working on some sort of Stock Parts Revmap, and you make it on amazing way! But please, make expansion for your SSP Expansion Redux with crewed 1.875 parts. After DLC that size get place on our hurts. I make my patch only for taking posibility to take scale parts of that size (But shure, everyone can make them at any sizes, thats TweakScale, guyz!)

And I will be very happy, if you add that patch to next update of SSPXR :D

//Region ** Space Station Parts Expansion Redux **

//Region ** Adapters **

@PART[sspx-adapter-0625-125-1]
		{
			%MODULE[TweakScale]
			{
				type = stack
				defaultScale= 1.25
			}

}

@PART[sspx-attach-125-1]