[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

Hi @Nertea, I'm changing some things in the next release of Kerbal Health and it will affect the compatibility patch your mod provides. Fortunately, all you need to do on your part is replace all occurrences of term "Crowded" with "Confinement" and term "Sickness" with "Conditions". I have an MM patch that will modify it automatically, but it would be better, performance and stability-wise, if the change was made on your side. I can make a PR or you can edit it yourself.

Edited by garwel

Speaking of collider issues on extensible parts: the docking port on the PPD-EVAC-U-8 doesn't have a collider mesh:

ep6BJuh.jpg

This makes docking a little weird because when the ship gets pulled in by the magnet, instead of bumping into the port and stopping, it passes through (intersecting the EVAC-U-8 port) then gets pulled back by the magnet, overshoots again, gets pulled in again, and so on.  Ends up oscillating back and forth for about 30 seconds before it actually docks.

(Also, the docking transform is slightly off-center, as you can see in the image.  But that doesn't hurt anything.)

On 9/13/2018 at 4:41 PM, Starwaster said:

The solution is either use the stock animator class as a base for ModuleDeployableHabitat  or implement  IMultipleDragCube in the ModuleDeployableHabitat class. Either way involves a rewrite to one extent or another... Hard to say which would involve more work. Could be a case of being six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Implementing will be faster - I have in fact done it, but I need to spend some time testing it. 

22 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Speaking of collider issues on extensible parts: the docking port on the PPD-EVAC-U-8 doesn't have a collider mesh:

Already known!

On 9/14/2018 at 12:28 AM, garwel said:

Hi @Nertea, I'm changing some things in the next release of Kerbal Health and it will affect the compatibility patch your mod provides. Fortunately, all you need to do on your part is replace all occurrences of term "Crowded" with "Confinement" and term "Sickness" with "Conditions". I have an MM patch that will modify it automatically, but it would be better, performance and stability-wise, if the change was made on your side. I can make a PR or you can edit it yourself.

I would rather you PR it into the mod so you have full control. 

SSPXR 1.0.6

•  Removed KerbalHealth patch, it's now in KerbalHealth (> 3.0)
  •  Centrifuges and habitats now adjust their drag cubes when deploying and retracting (you may need to kill your game database file if you're still having issues)
  •  Replacement patch for stock docking port now handles VSR correctly
  •  Fixed misconfigured collider on 2.5m airlock/docking port

On 9/25/2018 at 4:14 AM, Nathanson said:

Emm... how can I transfer kerbals FROM this part? "Transfer" button just disappeared in 1.0.6 version.

Also, same thing with centrifuges and other parts.

Screenshot:

Reveal hidden contents

HvSUofc.png

Concerning and weird, I'll look into it as soon as I can.

@Nertea

Is the  PTD-C 'Porthole' Observation Window supposed to have a ModuleCommand? It's in the Utility category.

Also, any chance on being able to switch the 'top' mount on it (by the windows) - you can change the color of the bottom mount but the window frame area stays the same color. (same with the airlocks maybe)?

PmuHlll.png

Edited by Deimos Rast
airlocks

Seeing this has reminded me: Not sure if it was a bug, glitch, or just working as intended, but I launched a 4-man ship to get my kerbals their first stars and the kerbal that spent the trip in the PTD-C didn't earn any experience, and his experience log shows only Flight at Kerbin... The other three kerbals were in a mk1-3 pod, and all got Orbit around Kerbin in their logs. Just re-ran the mission to double-check, putting a different kerbal in there, same result - that kerbal only gets a Flight, the rest get Orbits. Not sure if this might be related to the training module?

1 hour ago, JH4C said:

Seeing this has reminded me: Not sure if it was a bug, glitch, or just working as intended, but I launched a 4-man ship to get my kerbals their first stars and the kerbal that spent the trip in the PTD-C didn't earn any experience, and his experience log shows only Flight at Kerbin... The other three kerbals were in a mk1-3 pod, and all got Orbit around Kerbin in their logs. Just re-ran the mission to double-check, putting a different kerbal in there, same result - that kerbal only gets a Flight, the rest get Orbits. Not sure if this might be related to the training module?

I'll look into it!

7 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Is the  PTD-C 'Porthole' Observation Window supposed to have a ModuleCommand? It's in the Utility category.

I'll move it

7 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Also, any chance on being able to switch the 'top' mount on it (by the windows) - you can change the color of the bottom mount but the window frame area stays the same color. (same with the airlocks maybe)?

A lot of people ask for texture switching, it's nontrivial because drawing textures takes a lot of time. Texture switching all the airlocks? that's a LOT of work. 

On 9/25/2018 at 4:14 AM, Nathanson said:

Emm... how can I transfer kerbals FROM this part? "Transfer" button just disappeared in 1.0.6 version.

I have found the problem and fixed it, will try to ship a fix soon.

Station Parts Expansion Redux v 1.0.7

•  Fixed .version file
  •  Fixed an issue that caused inflatable parts to lose their crew transfer dialogs
  •  Revised which parts are allowed to level up kerbals
  •  Disabled re-rendering of drag cubes when the part variant is changed for expandable parts
  •  Added science storage to most parts; allows kerbals to keep experience properly
  •  Moved small cupola to Command category
  •  Added Spanish translation (SergiRuizZarzuelo)
  •  Updated NF Props to 0.3.3
    •  Minor fix to an RPM screen

@Nertea: There seems to be a new bug in the small cupola, it's not loading for me after updating:

[LOG 21:29:31.746] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sspx-core-125-1'
[LOG 21:29:31.809] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-125/sspx-cupola-125-1/sspx-cupola-125-1'
[ERR 21:29:31.827] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'Command' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 21:29:31.827] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

Full log can be downloaded here. I'm not sure if it's the part definition itself or a supplied patch, every other reference in the log appears to be working as intended though. I can't confirm my earlier issue has been fixed while the part is unusable, obviously.

44 minutes ago, JH4C said:

@Nertea: There seems to be a new bug in the small cupola, it's not loading for me after updating:

[LOG 21:29:31.746] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'sspx-core-125-1'
[LOG 21:29:31.809] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-125/sspx-cupola-125-1/sspx-cupola-125-1'
[ERR 21:29:31.827] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'Command' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 21:29:31.827] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

Full log can be downloaded here. I'm not sure if it's the part definition itself or a supplied patch, every other reference in the log appears to be working as intended though. I can't confirm my earlier issue has been fixed while the part is unusable, obviously.

Godammit

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

#*$&*&!~ <translated>

I hope that this was borne of quiet, gentle frustration and not head-banging-the-keyboard, shoot-me-now anger.:cool:

You produce some amazing stuff and I suspect it's pretty incomprehensible to us not wise in the ways of science modding.  I'm not surprised the occasional little stuff slips through.

20 hours ago, azander said:

Change the line in the coupla command cfg file: ( StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-125/sspx-cupola-125-1.cfg )

category = Command

to

category = Pods

That fixes it for me.

Can confirm, this has fixed the part and it now loads and (once removed and refitted to update the code) it can be used as a command pod.

However, the occupant is still not granted experience in the same manner as other occupants of the vessel I'm afraid. No clue why, the trip is being recorded equally by EarnYourStripes for all four crewmen so why the game's not giving Jeb an XP gain I don't know. It's an easily avoidable situation so I won't be bothered by this again if it's never fixed, but it's a real headscratcher!

Edited by JH4C
one missing word changes the whole meaning...

I'm trying to solve a problem when it comes to the inlatable hab units when it comes to inlating them..

Now here's the  problem..

I have a spacecraft that is connected to the inflatable part and inside sai space craft are  in fact 4 Engineer Kerbals  (And I know that the max you need for any inflatable part is 3 (and that includes the Centrifuges..)

So I'm testing this  out on the laungch pad, the space craft connected to the inflatable part, and considering I have 4 enginner kerbals the part should inflate.. 

I click on inflate, and ... nothing happens, No inflation animation, nothing. I try to trasfer them into inflatable unit and they won't go..

(Also I am using ship Mani est to transfer crew..)

It would be kind o nice to explain how you inflate the habitation  unites/Centrifuges  in some hrt detailed method.)

otherwise I'm sticking to the Non Inflatable stuff. )

SO i someone can give me an idea on how to do this, that would be most appreciated..

Space_Coyote

27 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

I'm trying to solve a problem when it comes to the inlatable hab units when it comes to inlating them..

Now here's the  problem..

I have a spacecraft that is connected to the inflatable part and inside sai space craft are  in fact 4 Engineer Kerbals  (And I know that the max you need for any inflatable part is 3 (and that includes the Centrifuges..)

So I'm testing this  out on the laungch pad, the space craft connected to the inflatable part, and considering I have 4 enginner kerbals the part should inflate.. 

I click on inflate, and ... nothing happens, No inflation animation, nothing. I try to trasfer them into inflatable unit and they won't go..

(Also I am using ship Mani est to transfer crew..)

It would be kind o nice to explain how you inflate the habitation  unites/Centrifuges  in some hrt detailed method.)

otherwise I'm sticking to the Non Inflatable stuff. )

SO i someone can give me an idea on how to do this, that would be most appreciated..

Space_Coyote

Do you have MKS installed? In that case you need some Material Kits to inflate the centrifuges and habitats. The exact amount should be in the tooltip of each part.

Guys I need help. I built a satellite delivery based on 'Pier' with two pilots who have 1 star exp. To the 'Pier' attached two antennas 16-S and HG-5. This unit carries three satellites. Each sat. based on 'HECS' and have antennas 16-S, DTS-M1, HG-5, RA-2. As I understand I can control my sat. remotely from 'Pier', but when sat. decouple nothing happens - No connect. I play with RemoteTech and I've already tried to activate antennas by EVA and target them to the base ship with 'Pier', same result- No connect. What am I doing wrong? My KSP ver. 1.4.5

9X6YPkz.png

Edited by SlavaYaitsam

2 hours ago, SlavaYaitsam said:

Guys I need help. I built a satellite delivery based on 'Pier' with two pilots who have 1 star exp. To the 'Pier' attached two antennas 16-S and HG-5. This unit carries three satellites. Each sat. based on 'HECS' and have antennas 16-S, DTS-M1, HG-5, RA-2. As I understand I can control my sat. remotely from 'Pier', but when sat. decouple nothing happens - No connect. I play with RemoteTech and I've already tried to activate antennas by EVA and target them to the base ship with 'Pier', same result- No connect. What am I doing wrong? My KSP ver. 1.4.5

9X6YPkz.png

Cool ship. Not sure, but you may want to ask on the RemoteTech forum since this sounds like it's about how that mod works.