[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

Just in case nobody said this in the last page or two of the thread...

This is absolutely amazing work Nertea! Looks awesome.  I've been away from KSP for a couple years and this is what I see on my return... I'm going to have to play sandbox mode though because I definitely wont be able to wait out being able to launch these in career mode.

Thanks again for another great addition to KSP!

20 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Nertea, any idea why the Harbour station core at the bottom and the presurized crew tubes aren't considered connected living spaces? I launched this and docked it and then found I couldn't EVA my crew as they couldn't reach the airlock.

I'm having that issue with the centrifuges and inflatable habs, in the editor they also have no crew slots. 

Also, what are those docking ports you have? are they in SSPXr? can't seem to find them ingame if so

21 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Nertea, any idea why the Harbour station core at the bottom and the presurized crew tubes aren't considered connected living spaces? I launched this and docked it and then found I couldn't EVA my crew as they couldn't reach the airlock.

I'm not really sure how CLS works, might want to take it to the thread. As far as I'm aware this is fine:

@PART[sspx-tube-375-1]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
    passable = true
    passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
    surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true
  }
}
@PART[sspx-tube-375-2]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
  {
    passable = true
  }
}
@PART[sspx-tube-375-3]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
{
  MODULE
  {
    passable = true
  }
}
24 minutes ago, GurpsWibcheengs said:

I'm having that issue with the centrifuges and inflatable habs, in the editor they also have no crew slots. 

Also, what are those docking ports you have? are they in SSPXr? can't seem to find them ingame if so

They intentionally do not allow crew to be loaded in the editor. 

First of all, @Nertea and everyone else involved - fantastic work!

I encounter a few minor issues -- nothing that prevents the mod from working but I haven't seen them reported either:

• I can't unzip the file. That may or may not be due to the software used (PowerArchiver) but I haven't encountered such an error anywhere else. Anyway, downloading the zip repository and using the gamedata folder from there fixes that problem (I'm able to extract the dependencies from the zipfile)
  • The docking port shows an extreme amount of z-fighting. Some other parts too, but it's very visible with the docking port

5 hours ago, Kerbart said:

First of all, @Nertea and everyone else involved - fantastic work!

I encounter a few minor issues -- nothing that prevents the mod from working but I haven't seen them reported either:

• I can't unzip the file. That may or may not be due to the software used (PowerArchiver) but I haven't encountered such an error anywhere else. Anyway, downloading the zip repository and using the gamedata folder from there fixes that problem (I'm able to extract the dependencies from the zipfile)
  • The docking port shows an extreme amount of z-fighting. Some other parts too, but it's very visible with the docking port
  • I have not heard of this issue and the current release version has been out a couple months now. What download source have you used? Have you used anything that could mess with downloads like a download manager or something?
  • Are you sure you have the dependencies installed? Almost all models have alternate meshes that use B9PartSwitch to turn on and off.

40 minutes ago, Nertea said:
  • I have not heard of this issue and the current release version has been out a couple months now. What download source have you used? Have you used anything that could mess with downloads like a download manager or something?

I tried all three sources, and they all stall when unzipping at 96% I agree that it’s unlikely to be a “real” error or others would have complained. I’m using Firefox; I’ll try Edge and different zip software and let you know.

Edit: it’s not the browser, but the archiving software. The standard windows archiver had no problem extracting it; one mystery solved.

• Are you sure you have the dependencies installed? Almost all models have alternate meshes that use B9PartSwitch to turn on and off.

I’ll double check on that. I do have something B9 installed, but perhaps I’m missing one!

Edit 2: likely due to what you indicated, using the “full” unzip probably covered missing files in the B9 Part Switch dependency. All looks good now!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Edited by Kerbart
Updates

On 6/20/2019 at 11:00 AM, StarStreak2109 said:

Well, you always have the possibility to use the matching docking adapters from SSPXr. If you use a mod like Konstruction, you must pay attention to what is the root part of the module you are adding. If the root is one of the Konstruction docking ports, you cannot use the welding function. Therefore always remember to reroot to another part once you have assembled your rocket and payload. I only mention this, because this happened to me more than once. I usually plan my space stations in the VAB or SPH, then dissassemble it into individual subassemblies. In order to mate these to the launcher of choice, often the docking port needs to be the root. Hence, reroot once payload and launcher are assembled, or you'll likely pull out your hairs once you launched it, because the welding does not work!

Hey, @Angel-125, didn't you also have weldable docking ports? Just checking, to be able to offer an alternative to RoverDude's parts... ;)

what's artemis?

• 2 weeks later...

All of the centrifuges are missing from the function categories in the VAB. When sorted in other ways they show up again. There must be missing categories but I'm using community category kit. Parts from Kerbalism seem to be affected as well. Could Kerbalism be causing this? All of the parts that don't show up in the function categories can't be found by searching for them either.

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

2 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

All of the centrifuges are missing from the function categories in the VAB. When sorted in other ways they show up again. There must be missing categories but I'm using community category kit. Parts from Kerbalism seem to be affected as well. Could Kerbalism be causing this? All of the parts that don't show up in the function categories can't be found by searching for them either.

In the Kerbalism thread it is posted that, yes, it is Kerbalism that is causing this.

13 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

It is normal for parts that have a CCK tab to be set to no longer show up in stock categories. I know a few popular mods that do this. Possibly, Kerbalism is adding/moving the SSPXr parts to its own tab.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

I was investigating this issue I have and I found out that my  SSPXr parts always load 1 or 2 degrees offcentered or tilted, sometimes a lot more like in this screenshot:t8Emo4K.png

It's a known issue? I really think that I'm doing something really wrong here as I can't find anyone else describing the same problem.

Installed mods:

-Stage Recovery

-FMRS

-Restock and Restock +

-All Near Future mods updated to 1.7.3

-Making History and Breaking ground

KSP.log: https://pastebin.com/h3m0KkT2

26 minutes ago, Master39 said:

I was investigating this issue I have and I found out that my  SSPXr parts always load 1 or 2 degrees offcentered or tilted, sometimes a lot more like in this screenshot:t8Emo4K.png

It's a known issue? I really think that I'm doing something really wrong here as I can't find anyone else describing the same problem.

Installed mods:

-Stage Recovery

-FMRS

-Restock and Restock +

-All Near Future mods updated to 1.7.3

-Making History and Breaking ground

KSP.log: https://pastebin.com/h3m0KkT2

I’ve honestly never seen that myself. That’s... not how it’s supposed to go. 

Did you use any autostruts and/or alter any game settings that relate to physics?

For me personally ‘weird’ problems often occur when using ‘autostrut: heaviest’ and/or ‘autostrut: root’. 

If you could share the save/settings.cfg (The KSP one) I could see if it also happens here if you want. 

41 minutes ago, Jognt said:

For me personally ‘weird’ problems often occur when using ‘autostrut: heaviest’ and/or ‘autostrut: root’. 

Not on the lastest istance of the problem, I wanted to remove any possible influence.

42 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Did you use any autostruts and/or alter any game settings that relate to physics?

Not that I know, but this got me thinking

43 minutes ago, Jognt said:

If you could share the save/settings.cfg (The KSP one) I could see if it also happens here if you want. 

It's possible that Steam cloud-saving some old cfg from older versions and-or weird mods on previous installs? How to be sure that all the configuration files are updated and not roll-backed by Steam?

PS I don't have a settings.cfg in the saves only the one in the main folder.

Here my main folder Settings.cfg: https://pastebin.com/KSW7nd2W

Here my main folder Physics.cfg: https://pastebin.com/JecRuND2

UPDATE: reinstalling everything without CKAN and verifying KSP files with steam (2 files redownloaded) didn't solve the issue on the original ship and quicksaves but now I can't replicate the bug anymore.

I loaded a backup to before the launch and rebuilt the ship and it survived multiple test reloads and 2 dockings without any problem.

Today I learned that I need to be less lazy and that installing the mods manually is a good idea.

My KSS Phoenix is ready for Dunaads6ds2.png

6 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Copy the contents of the zip file to your GameData folder

I know this, but when the game loads, the startup process hangs on the file from the mod Internals/station-375/sspx-lab-375-1-iva. Where can I see the game download log? Mod downloaded from: Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux

Edited by qwe71

I'm curious @Nertea - why the decision to continue to use B9PartSwitch when the stock option is available (and used to great effect in your Restock mod)? Is it just that it's too integrated to swap it now? B9 does here what stock doesn't?

Edited by BudgetHedgehog
Clarification

48 minutes ago, BudgetHedgehog said:

I'm curious @Nertea - why the decision to use B9PartSwitch when the stock option is available (and used to great effect in your Restock mod)? Is it just that it's too integrated to swap it now? B9 does here what stock doesn't?

Stock ability to switch parts variants became available only in KSP 1.4 (ModulePartVariant). Almost all Nertea's mods are older and were using variants switching long before 1.4.