Nertea

[1.7.x] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (May 21st)

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Mordrehl said:

I would love a 1.25m version of the Clamp Senior ... hate the look of joining parts with two regular clamp o trons

Me thinking: Oh, I actually made a small ModuleManager .cfg that gave me the 2.5m Sr docking port in a 1.25m format! Maybe I can make this guy happy! :D

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

Not really. In name only. Add the new mod, retire your ships, then delete the old mod. Or keep it around, they don't hurt each other. 

You'll get this in the next update, but I won't be bringing back the docking modules of ugly hideousness.

[snip glorious image]

Me thinking: Oh my god, that looks so much better than what I did! D: well never mind then!

Edited by Jognt
Spelling is hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Me thinking: Oh, I actually made a small ModuleManager .cfg that gave me the 2.5m Sr docking port in a 1.25m format! Maybe I can make this guy happy! :D

Me thinking: Oh my god, that looks so much better than what I did! D: well never mind then!

What now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31-3-2018 at 2:00 AM, Mordrehl said:

What now?

You could either wait for Nertea to finish up his glorious work, or toss what I wrote below into a textfile and save it in a new folder of your choosing in your gamedata folder (I named it dockingPortLargeMini.cfg). It copies the senior port and then modifies it to have the proper 1.25m size (both in appearance and node size/weight/etc). Cost and location in the tech tree are the same as the regular clamp o tron.

 

+PART[dockingPortLarge]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeMini
    @author = SomeRandomGuyOnline
    @rescaleFactor = 0.5
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.29, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
    @TechRequired = specializedConstruction
    @entryCost = 6400
    @cost = 280
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. Mini
    @description = Someone washed a Senior-sized docking port a bit too hot and decided they liked the outcome!
    @mass = 0.05
    @crashTolerance = 10
    @bulkheadProfiles = size1
    @MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
    {
        @nodeType = size1
    }
}

 

ps: I'm not sure on the etiquette of commenting with home-made stuff in other people's threads, so please let me know if it's not appreciated. Also, as a non-modder, I began toying with modulemanager a few days back, so while I think I did it right, I might not have. All I know is: it works :p.

 

edit: or.. you could just use TweakScale.. just thought about that..

Edited by Jognt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, Jognt said:

You could either wait for Nertea to finish up his glorious work, or toss what I wrote below into a textfile and save it in a new folder of your choosing in your gamedata folder (I named it dockingPortLargeMini.cfg). It copies the senior port and then modifies it to have the proper 1.25m size (both in appearance and node size/weight/etc). Cost and location in the tech tree are the same as the regular clamp o tron.

  Hide contents

+PART[dockingPortLarge]
{
    @name = dockingPortLargeMini
    @author = SomeRandomGuyOnline
    @rescaleFactor = 0.5
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.29, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
    @TechRequired = specializedConstruction
    @entryCost = 6400
    @cost = 280
    @title = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr. Mini
    @description = Someone washed a Senior-sized docking port a bit too hot and decided they liked the outcome!
    @mass = 0.05
    @crashTolerance = 10
    @bulkheadProfiles = size1
    @MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
    {
        @nodeType = size1
    }
}

 

ps: I'm not sure on the etiquette of commenting with home-made stuff in other people's threads, so please let me know if it's not appreciated. Also, as a non-modder, I began toying with modulemanager a few days back, so while I think I did it right, I might not have. All I know is: it works :p.

 

edit: or.. you could just use TweakScale.. just thought about that..

Yeah,  I must have missed that Tweakscale was updated to 1.4.1 ... for some reason I though it wasn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, update is nearly ready. I would like to ensure that any LS mod problems are fixed or at least recorded... so far in my fix list I only have

  • KerbalHealth patches apply only when KerbalHealth is installed
  • Better EPL resource compatibility for containers

Feel like there must be more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Ok, update is nearly ready. I would like to ensure that any LS mod problems are fixed or at least recorded... so far in my fix list I only have

  • KerbalHealth patches apply only when KerbalHealth is installed
  • Better EPL resource compatibility for containers

Feel like there must be more?

Sorry..was going to take a pass on the USI mods but RL is in the way. Don't know when I can pick it up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.3.2018 at 7:36 AM, LatiMacciato said:

I would like to contribute a part I menaged to successfully implent into KSP 1.4.1. since i found it hard to move the large aquacultural parts around Kerbin via plane i thaught why not making a small fish tank?

.. long story short, I borrowed the MysteryGoo mesh and wrote a config file to make a small science collector (alternately I could use the MysteryGoo tank for the second science experiment but I thaught it's better not to mix the goo with any fish).

so here's the PXL-SAST Small Aquaculture Study Tank (aka sspx-aquatank):

  • unlocks at basic science (with the stock materials bay)

YdZtRCB.png
source - license: MIT

I would love some feedback and hope for integration, thanks!

please add that too! thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nertea There is a TAC LS problem I haven't been able to wrap my finger around. Except for one or two resources, all the available tank types shar a decal (Ore I think) and some decals can be just barely seen behind it. :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gilph said:

Sorry..was going to take a pass on the USI mods but RL is in the way. Don't know when I can pick it up again.

No worries, I just had one really nasty RL month so I know the feeling

4 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

please add that too! thanks :)

Sorry, but I'm not likely to add it. It would require a new model and I have specifically not scoped anything new here. 

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Nertea There is a TAC LS problem I haven't been able to wrap my finger around. Except for one or two resources, all the available tank types shar a decal (Ore I think) and some decals can be just barely seen behind it. :/ 

I'll see if I have time to check this out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nertea said:

Sorry, but I'm not likely to add it. It would require a new model and I have specifically not scoped anything new here. 

so no temp usage of the mystery goo container copy mesh legit as temp solution?

The idea of this lil function just adds a lightweight science grabbing, it's hard to claim your brilliant new science's with the heavy parts and I wouldn't mind you exchange it later with another part.

If I would figure out how to use blender or re-texturing the mysteryGoo .. alternately we could add this science to the goo container too, but that might just make the career too easy, or?

Thanks for replying and your mod anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

so no temp usage of the mystery goo container copy mesh legit as temp solution?

The idea of this lil function just adds a lightweight science grabbing, it's hard to claim your brilliant new science's with the heavy parts and I wouldn't mind you exchange it later with another part.

If I would figure out how to use blender or re-texturing the mysteryGoo .. alternately we could add this science to the goo container too, but that might just make the career too easy, or?

Thanks for replying and your mod anyways.

It's more of a case of "I designed a part, and I put a throwaway science experiment on it" rather than "I designed a science experiment and made a part for it". The first shows I don't really have a desire for other versions, the second would have me wanting to make more of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nertea said:

It's more of a case of "I designed a part, and I put a throwaway science experiment on it" rather than "I designed a science experiment and made a part for it". The first shows I don't really have a desire for other versions, the second would have me wanting to make more of them. 

I see, that's ok to me .. I can imagine you designed the experiments for every biome on purpose, right? If so, how you move that heavy parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

I see, that's ok to me .. I can imagine you designed the experiments for every biome on purpose, right? If so, how you move that heavy parts?

I only wrote blurbs for planet/orbit level biomes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I only wrote blurbs for planet/orbit level biomes. 

The Aquatic Species Observation is collectable in every biome on Kerbin, that is why I wrote that lil config. Is this a bug and should just be collectable on any ground biome?

Edited by LatiMacciato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LatiMacciato said:

the aquaculture research is collectable in every biome on Kerbin, that is why I wrote that lil config. Is this a bug and should just be collectable on any ground biome?

Yeah that's a bug for sure. I'll have to investigate that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nertea said:

Yeah that's a bug for sure. I'll have to investigate that one. 

oh ok, then nvm my cfg then, otherwise I might have begged you to accept hahaha

thanks for clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been using this mod since 1.1.3, and I love it, but it's sad to see the cupola in this current build doesn't have the protective shutters on it. Any change you will bring that back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

Been using this mod since 1.1.3, and I love it, but it's sad to see the cupola in this current build doesn't have the protective shutters on it. Any change you will bring that back?

You may be confusing the edited cupola in SSPXr with the one from Ven's, since IIRC the original SSPE didn't have any shutters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

But @makkz, do you know what I wonder? When do we get an update for 1.4?! (scnr) :-)

And when will it be BUG FREE!!?!? :confused:

Edited by makkz
/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, makkz said:

There needs to be a love button because  LIKE button is not enough for this post. 

Edit: 

That being said this is the second time I am saying this in two days but this is another mod that has gotten me excited about KSP again.I have been away for almost a year and the progress made on this mod is ASONISHING. I used this mod in what I know see was its infancy. It was a favorite over a year ago and I cannot wait to use it again. This is not a hurry up post but simply a I have alot of plans of this post. I cannot wait to add it to my new KSP save.

 

Edited by sp1989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.