Nertea

[1.7.x] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (May 21st)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, BudgetHedgehog said:

I understand that and I'm aware, I was more wondering about the continued use of it since then, rather than the initial decision.

Some of the SSPXR parts have multiple texture switches (like the endcaps), which the stock texture switch system can’t really handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BudgetHedgehog said:

I'm curious @Nertea - why the decision to continue to use B9PartSwitch when the stock option is available (and used to great effect in your Restock mod)? Is it just that it's too integrated to swap it now? B9 does here what stock doesn't?

This mod contains fuel switching, which is not supported by the stock system. Converting parts of the mod to stock would still require B9PS for full compatibility.

Plus, B9 is super great, has other features the stock switcher doesn't, and has a very responsive dev who is awesome and always willing to work worth me to find new ways to do things and implement new features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BudgetHedgehog said:

I understand that and I'm aware, I was more wondering about the continued use of it since then, rather than the initial decision.

I once took a stab at converting Nertea's station parts to use the stock version and I will tell you it was a major PITA and I gave up on it because I just didn't have that kind of time.

The process was easy but incredibly time consuming because the stock ModulePartVariants assumes all model parts to be active unless explicitly turned off. The B9 part switcher is the exact opposite and requires models to be explicitly turned on. That made for a lot of work and very bloaty configs and I gave up in frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nertea said:

This mod contains fuel switching, which is not supported by the stock system. Converting parts of the mod to stock would still require B9PS for full compatibility.

Hello. Please tell me if the mod compatibility update planned for version 1.7.3? Or is it just me with version 1.2.1 KSP does not start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, qwe71 said:

Hello. Please tell me if the mod compatibility update planned for version 1.7.3? Or is it just me with version 1.2.1 KSP does not start?

This mod works fine with KSP 1.7.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, qwe71 said:

Hello. Please tell me if the mod compatibility update planned for version 1.7.3? Or is it just me with version 1.2.1 KSP does not start?

Have you installed the mod’s dependencies as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Have you installed the mod’s dependencies as well?

Reinstalled all the mods and the game starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

B9part switch was completely screwing my game even without space station on, uninstalled b9 and everything works bad mod don’t use it, but the space station parts are great just don’t install the b9partswitch that’s with the file

Edited by Zuldwyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zuldwyn said:

B9part switch was completely screwing my game even without space station on, uninstalled b9 and everything works bad mod don’t use it, but the space station parts are great just don’t install the b9partswitch that’s with the file

No. 

Ignore everything this person says, if you don't have all the mod's dependencies you will have a bad time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to add a second editor attachment node to the extendable docking ports to the top at all, similar to the stock one? Or would the below MM config do the job?

@PART[sspx-docking-125-1]:FINAL
{
    @MODEL
    {
        node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.629, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
    }
}

Might need some fiddling with the positions, but that should work ok, right?

Edited by BudgetHedgehog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BudgetHedgehog said:

Would it be possible to add a second editor attachment node to the extendable docking ports to the top at all, similar to the stock one? Or would the below MM config do the job?


@PART[sspx-docking-125-1]:FINAL
{
    @MODEL
    {
        node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.629, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
    }
}

Might need some fiddling with the positions, but that should work ok, right?

Just:

@PART[sspx-docking-125-1]:FINAL
{
    %node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.629, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1   
}

Be aware that this node will not move with extension.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Just:


@PART[sspx-docking-125-1]:FINAL
{
    %node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.629, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1   
}

Be aware that this node will not move with extension.

Sick, thank you! I don't mind it not moving, I was just running out of ways to attach station modules to launchers! Thanks again, I'll give this a whirl :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 9:30 PM, Nertea said:
Spoiler

 

Just:



@PART[sspx-docking-125-1]:FINAL
{
    %node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.629, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1   
}

Be aware that this node will not move with extension.

 

 

Wanted  to update you or anyone else interested - that config works absolutely fine, the 0.629 position is far too high on the model (guessing the -0.629 position was made and defined while the port was extended) but that's super easy to overcome or patch out. Thank you @Nertea, you've saved me a lot of headaches and entirely by the way, fixed a fair few other patches of mine due to my bad syntax! Much obliged :)

Edited by BudgetHedgehog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I've got a question. Got back into KSP recently, and I have the Coriolis centrifuge on a station and on a ship. I can transfer kerbals into the module, but they can't seem to leave. They can't EVA due to it having no hatch, and there is no option to choose "transfer crew" when I right click it. Jebediah is trapped :( Have I missed something or is it a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 10:15 AM, Mavericko said:

Hey, I've got a question. Got back into KSP recently, and I have the Coriolis centrifuge on a station and on a ship. I can transfer kerbals into the module, but they can't seem to leave. They can't EVA due to it having no hatch, and there is no option to choose "transfer crew" when I right click it. Jebediah is trapped :( Have I missed something or is it a bug?

If it is a bug it's not been reported. I'll try to reproduce it and let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nertea said:

If it is a bug it's not been reported. I'll try to reproduce it and let you know.

I guess it could be an issue with some other mod. I cheated and lowered the gravity of kerbin and landed the entire ship, just to recover Jebediah, cause I couldn't find any way to get him to leave the module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 10:15 AM, Mavericko said:

Hey, I've got a question. Got back into KSP recently, and I have the Coriolis centrifuge on a station and on a ship. I can transfer kerbals into the module, but they can't seem to leave. They can't EVA due to it having no hatch, and there is no option to choose "transfer crew" when I right click it. Jebediah is trapped :( Have I missed something or is it a bug?

I discovered the bug, it is fairly major (completely breaks the coriolis). The fix is pretty simple, just need to add a single curly brace. I'm in the middle of some major renos to this project so can't really do a release, but this file: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/dev/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Extendable/extendable-25/sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-25-1.cfg#L180 is missing the linked }. As a stopgap you can add that and it will fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I discovered the bug, it is fairly major (completely breaks the coriolis). The fix is pretty simple, just need to add a single curly brace. I'm in the middle of some major renos to this project so can't really do a release, but this file: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/dev/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Extendable/extendable-25/sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-25-1.cfg#L180 is missing the linked }. As a stopgap you can add that and it will fix it. 

Ah I see! I've since retired both the ship and the station, but now I can atleast keep using the centrifuge on the new ship I'm building =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I'm running allot of mods, and for some reason I can't find the centrifuges in the VAB menu, even if I search them up. I'm pretty sure I'm not missing them, and I have them teched. I'm not sure if its mod confliction, or some dumb mistake on my part because it doesn't seem to have been a problem for anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, rocketbuilder said:

Hey, I'm running allot of mods, and for some reason I can't find the centrifuges in the VAB menu, even if I search them up. I'm pretty sure I'm not missing them, and I have them teched. I'm not sure if its mod confliction, or some dumb mistake on my part because it doesn't seem to have been a problem for anyone else?

Well, something's wrong because when I search using the keyword "centri" I get 5 Kerbalmax habitats.  And, for me, they all show up under the utility category (I'm running CTT and CCK).

What version of KSP and SSPR do you have installed?  What game mode are you playing (career, sci or sandbox)?

See my signature block for a link to a topic about how to report a problem, and post your log files.

Edited by Brigadier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Well, something's wrong because when I search using the keyword "centri" I get 5 Kerbalmax habitats.  And, for me, they all show up under the utility category (I'm running CTT and CCK).

What version of KSP and SSPR do you have installed?  What game mode are you playing (career, sci or sandbox)?

See my signature block for a link to a topic about how to report a problem, and post your log files.

Thanks. I'm getting a clean install now, but it was KSP 1.70 and I think I was running a later version of redux parts - so I'll see.

EDIT: For whatever reason I can't find a clean copy of KSP 1.70 anywhere, but my saved game that I've got this problem is 1.70. I'm not sure if theres a difference between this and 1.73. IDK

EDIT2: I've cleaned up a copy of 1.70 and it seemed to work fine, I got all the centrifuges. I'll see what my main game which I had the problem with does with a re-installed station parts.

EDIT3: Doesn't seem to have worked. My log is https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HL2jWQYtRjFrEbvHrxmZmE_kxybtihUg .

My gamedata folder is https://imgur.com/a/nIcP734, and whenever I load up the VAB or SPH, I can see all the station redux parts except the centrifuges. Most likely conflict is kerbalism.

 

Edited by rocketbuilder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocketbuilder said:

Thanks. I'm getting a clean install now, but it was KSP 1.70 and I think I was running a later version of redux parts - so I'll see.

EDIT: For whatever reason I can't find a clean copy of KSP 1.70 anywhere, but my saved game that I've got this problem is 1.70. I'm not sure if theres a difference between this and 1.73. IDK

EDIT2: I've cleaned up a copy of 1.70 and it seemed to work fine, I got all the centrifuges. I'll see what my main game which I had the problem with does with a re-installed station parts.

EDIT3: Doesn't seem to have worked. My log is https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HL2jWQYtRjFrEbvHrxmZmE_kxybtihUg .

My gamedata folder is https://imgur.com/a/nIcP734, and whenever I load up the VAB or SPH, I can see all the station redux parts except the centrifuges. Most likely conflict is kerbalism.

 

If you are getting KSP through Steam you can download most previous versions of the game.  If you are always download a clean copy of the game, copy it to a new directory and play only on the copy.  This is legal and that way you'll always have a pristine version of the game on your computer.  If you're starting over, why not update to 1.7.3?

Your log file does have a number of errors in it from various mods, notably SCANSat, KS3P, MechJeb, TantaresLV and others.  TantaresLV is, I believe, only KSP 1.5.9 compatible (at least that's what's listed in CKAN) but it may still be good).  I don't use it so I can't advise you there.

You have two ModuleManager.dll files but generally this isn't a problem.  The latest is used and there are no errors with MM patching that I could see.

I would suggest starting with that clean KSP 1.7.0 install you've got and keep on adding mods in groups of 5-10 at a time, checking each time that the centrifuges are available.  When they aren't, narrow down the potential problem mod(s) by removing some of the last ones added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

If you are getting KSP through Steam you can download most previous versions of the game.  If you are always download a clean copy of the game, copy it to a new directory and play only on the copy.  This is legal and that way you'll always have a pristine version of the game on your computer.  If you're starting over, why not update to 1.7.3?

Your log file does have a number of errors in it from various mods, notably SCANSat, KS3P, MechJeb, TantaresLV and others.  TantaresLV is, I believe, only KSP 1.5.9 compatible (at least that's what's listed in CKAN) but it may still be good).  I don't use it so I can't advise you there.

You have two ModuleManager.dll files but generally this isn't a problem.  The latest is used and there are no errors with MM patching that I could see.

I would suggest starting with that clean KSP 1.7.0 install you've got and keep on adding mods in groups of 5-10 at a time, checking each time that the centrifuges are available.  When they aren't, narrow down the potential problem mod(s) by removing some of the last ones added.

Yea I will try that. Unfortantly I don't have a completely clean version of KSP 1.70, the one I said was clean is just my main game but with gamedata stripped apart from squad and now station parts.

Tantares isn't the issue (atleast for this bug) because I installed it after I first realised I had the centrifuge problem, and I've only had minor bugs with that. I'll see but I do have a reasonably devolped carrer save that I'd like to try keep and there are a couple (I think only debris and a spaceprobe that I forgot to set the fuel cell to the right fuel type) with Tantares parts which if uninstalled IDK what will happen.

Thanks allot for the help though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I went through, re-installed every mod, and what'do you know its Kerbalism that makes them dissapear (kerbalism is the main reason why i want them lol)

I've installed kerbalism and station parts on a clean 1.70 and there centrifuges show up. So I honestly don't know, but I'll do more searching - but it seems I'm pretty close to solving it and its obviously mod conflict rather than a fault with station parts so I'll update once I get it all fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.