[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

6 hours ago, Battou said:

Hi! Does attachment points can be attached in orbit, or do I have to use docking ports to assamble station?

You can do both depending on how you approach this challenge.

• Build the station in whole, with an orbital Extraplanetary Launchpad.
  • Have lots of kerbals present with the combined and insane (for you to try :D ) ability to attach any huge station part by the nodes and using KAS+KIS.
  • Use the docking ports. Simple enough but needs docking skill.
17 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

I'm not familiar with "B9 Part Switch" so i can't solve this myself.When using USI LS,the storage containers also have all the other resources that are used by MKS.But if i remove all the unnecessary resources from CRP and from both patches (B9TankTypes,Containers-Switches)  the decals on containers get corrupted.So maybe you could make the patches be more selective since USI tool and CRP are mandatory for USI LS.

Thank you

B9 Part Switch is the mod that Nertea's mods use to change tank type, textures and models/meshes. It is mandatory but is a tiny mod by itself.

Culling the CRP and tank types are something no help will be provided for. Most of the resources should appear by having just CRP installed, and while you may not have a use for some, other players might have a use for them. Currently a couple of them will appear by having any USI mod installed which may be a dumb move on my part. That will be fixed, but I can't promise you that less resources will appear by default. There is absolutely no performance impact from having these options, and you get a Switch xxx button in the part action window so you don't have to scrub the tank type slider to get what you want.

16 hours ago, Battou said:

Hi! Does attachment points can be attached in orbit, or do I have to use docking ports to assamble station?

USI Konstruction has weldable ports. After you dock them together, you just right-click the port and weld, which will remove the docking ports and have the original attachment points combine.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:36 PM, Nertea said:

I know, I know, I'm working in it, I'm a little burnt out right now alright.

On 2/3/2018 at 4:08 PM, RaiderMan said:

this is in essence a V1.0 initial public release guys, things not working right or behaving in unexpected ways are sort of expected at this point. give the man some room to breath.

I'm definitely giving him no demands. Nertea,  you have my deep respect for everything you've done. By all means, take your time and do right by yourself first. :) 

3 hours ago, Mihara said:

The previous model of this part didn't have that problem. :)

Well, it being a new model, there is some probability that there are problems. I mean, new mod and all, not the old mod, etc etc. 

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There is absolutely no performance impact from having these options, and you get a Switch xxx button in the part action window so you don't have to scrub the tank type slider to get what you want.

Except for unnecessary clutter.

n0GXzW9.jpg

And if you would put a little more thoughts into this,instead throwing everything in same basket,we would not end with stuff like this,if we decide to not use unnecessary stuff.

DbEPgHh.png

16 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Culling the CRP and tank types are something no help will be provided for. Most of the resources should appear by having just CRP installed, and while you may not have a use for some, other players might have a use for them.

This is just anther way to say "i have no interest,deal with it".
While i couldn't find a list of supported mods in OP,i found this on github.

This mod contains explicit compatibility patches for the following mods:
 TAC-LS
 USI-LS
 MKS
 KerbalHealth
 KIS
 CLS
 Snacks!

So,because it's snowing today,i went and adukated myself about these mods and come up ( edited existing :blush:) with these patches,which i would like you to test (or anybody else).
I also think you're missing three resources from MKS,but i might be wrong.

best regards

21 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

And if you would put a little more thoughts into this,instead throwing everything in same basket,we would not end with stuff like this,if we decide to not use unnecessary stuff.

Hey. Dude. Jade has been most helpful in writing these patches for me and making it so that you get more quality content with wide compatibility. Take it easy. 

As far as I'm concerned, if you go deleting parts of a hard dependency, you deserve any problems you get and shouldn't file "bug" reports. If Jade wants to work with you, that's cool, but please be a little less nasty sounding. 

15 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

Do I just use the stock Clamp-O-Tron docking ports for station parts? As I don't really like them and they don't really fit together.

Stock's ugly, it's true!

Edited by Nertea

Just now, Nertea said:

Hey. Dude. Jade has been most helpful in writing these patches for me and making it so that you get more quality content with wide compatibility. Take it easy.

I didn't wanted to be rude,aggressive or disrespectful.I just expressed my thoughts,because i was so graceful turned down.I have great respect for all modders and their work,so if someone feels offended,i apologise.

@sebi.zzr I like where you're going, actually, and have taken inspiration and some direction from what you shared, but:

• There are still mods other than MKS that use some resources. Pathfinder, for example, is not a USI mod so I cannot fathom the MKS needs being applied to it. And it makes heavy use of ExoticMinerals and RareMetals.
  • Fertilizer will appear by default in consideration of recent discussion about its function in not only USI LS but Kerbal Planetary Base Systems and TAC LS.

The over-sensitivity to unused resources is why I was disinterested. Going to the point of deleting entries from CRP's main file is truly something no one will want to help you with. :/ Not me, and not anyone who maintains CRP.

I'll accept the hard lesson concerning this image. I entirely did not see this coming. :( 

n0GXzW9.jpg

You can create a patch like this to personalize SSPXr to fit your taste, and keep it anywhere within GameData\ so it doesn't get deleted by any mod updates.

There's no need to delete anything at all except the SUBTYPES you don't want.

@PART[sspx-cargo-container*]:AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9DisableTransform]
	{
		/// Disable the right lines for the decals we are activating
		!transform,* = any
		transform = MetallicOreDecal
		transform = UraniniteDecal
		transform = ...
	}

@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		!SUBTYPE[LifeSupport] {}
		!SUBTYPE[Snacks] {}
		!SUBTYPE[MetallicOre] {}
	}
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You can create a patch like this to personalize SSPXr to fit your taste, and keep it anywhere within GameData\ so it doesn't get deleted by any mod updates.

Basically i already did that.:D

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:
  • There are still mods other than MKS that use some resources. Pathfinder, for example, is not a USI mod so I cannot fathom the MKS needs being applied to it. And it makes heavy use of ExoticMinerals and RareMetals.
  • Fertilizer will appear by default in consideration of recent discussion about its function in not only USI LS but Kerbal Planetary Base Systems and TAC LS.

Well,i don't know what other resources different mods use.I just wanted to propose a pattern which will suit "supported mods" or many without interfering/overlapping with each other.And since the patches are already formatted it's matter of just a simple tweak.These can be done for both,the tank types and subtypes.So when the tank is created you could use:

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[KolonyTools|USILifeSupport|mod3|mod4]
{
}

and it's easy to translate that to subtypes and decals.How i edited the patches was based from "supported mod list",That's why i mostly used "MKS needs".
It's not just support to variety of mods but to also consider the other users,which don't have right knowledge to edit or personalize their game.
For example: Someone use SSPXr and MK2 expansion pack.The MK2 expansion pack uses CRP only for "mk2 nuclear generator".In the end he'll end with bunch of contantainers that is no use for him.

Again,thank you for your time and effort and to consider my proposal.

On 03/02/2018 at 8:33 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@majNUN If/when you're done finalizing those numbers, I'll be happy to include them in my PR for the next release of SSPXr, alongside another adjustment for TAC, and one for USI-LS. I'll make sure to credit you in the config file. :) 

I don't recall exactly but (as I made the initial config) I did involve a spreadsheet and attempt a process of summing up 1 unit mass of each resource and then cracking them back down so the SSPXr tanks would hold 2/3 of LS and 1/3 of wastes.

@JadeOfMaar Here are the numbers for a rough (seriously rough) 2/3 - 1/3 split. As I said before, TAC-LS containers have some odd amounts with a container of a size being able to hold about twice as much waste as resources. Since there is some unknown-to-me method of calculating the different resources, it seemed logical to think about the amount of resources over time. Hence my deciding to measure by how much can be stored  over  time - using the Kerbin year. Hopefully this brings some playability balance with TAC-LS. For myself, I'm much more interested in how long supplies will last as opposed to how much I have. That being said, I can understand anyone's frustration who might try to calculate a "perfect" LS cycle based on amounts. But hey! - Life sometimes throws too much mulch at you, eh? So over engineer a bit.

/// TAC-LS
// ============
B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]
{
	name = SSPXTAC
	tankMass = 0.0000
	tankCost = 0.0
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
		unitsPerVolume = 0.3414853333333334
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		unitsPerVolume = 0.2257164444444443
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		unitsPerVolume = 34.57056355555552
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Waste
		unitsPerVolume = 0.010752
		percentFilled = 0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = WasteWater
		unitsPerVolume = 0.099528
		percentFilled = 0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		unitsPerVolume =  10.34007
		percentFilled = 0
	}

So, based on a Kerbin year, this is what the rough 2/3 - 1/3 split looks like:

eGmR8uP.png

Note again that it's a best guesstimate since I don't understand how TAC-LS arrived at their numbers at all. :confused:

But thinking about it, I'd prefer to have separate containers for LS resources and LS waste. I'd even like to have a separate container for each resource....  I've poked around looking trying to understand how to add tank types, but I'm missing something, if it's possible at all.

I've been a little busy recently so this is the first I've seen of the completed rework, and not only did you remaster all the old parts, duplicate the stock parts in a matching style, add centrifuges, landing legs, and everything in between, you went and did this:

On 1/28/2018 at 11:55 AM, Nertea said:

• IVAs: It almost killed me but everything has fully featured IVAs. 

I remember posting this back in the old thread and imagining the view from inside, but knowing how much work IVA's are and that it was probably too much to hope for.

eJdv5i9.png?1

And then I saw this. 

koBbD46.png

vw648t5.png

I'm blown away.  Thanks for all the time you put into this, and everything else.

15 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

I've been a little busy recently so this is the first I've seen of the completed rework, and not only did you remaster all the old parts, duplicate the stock parts in a matching style, add centrifuges, landing legs, and everything in between, you went and did this:

I remember posting this back in the old thread and imagining the view from inside, but knowing how much work IVA's are and that it was probably too much to hope for.

I'm blown away.  Thanks for all the time you put into this, and everything else.

I was thinking of that when I made those.

8 hours ago, majNUN said:

I've poked around looking trying to understand how to add tank types, but I'm missing something, if it's possible at all.

Of course it is,water is already in so for food:

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]
{
	name = SSPXFood
	tankMass = 0.0000
	tankCost = 0.0
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
		unitsPerVolume = 1
	}
}

@PART[sspx-cargo-container*]
}
@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
	{
		SUBTYPE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]
		{
			name = Food
			tankType = SSPXFood
			title = #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Cargo_Food
			transform = LifeSupportDecal
		}
	}
}	

@Localization
{
  @en-us
  {
  #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Cargo_Food = Food
  }
  @ru
  {
  #LOC_SSPX_Switcher_Cargo_Food = пища
  }
} 

It's a little sketchy around decals because there aren't any for food,oxygen,waste,wastewater and carbondioxide.They would need to be added by Nertea.

I'm trying to use the telescopic docking port, but I don't seem to be able to attach anything to it on the otherside, meaning I can't build a station part with docking ports and then attach it to the rocket to launch it up. Any help in understanding how to use these would leave me in your gratitude.

1 hour ago, Unikraken said:

I'm trying to use the telescopic docking port, but I don't seem to be able to attach anything to it on the otherside, meaning I can't build a station part with docking ports and then attach it to the rocket to launch it up. Any help in understanding how to use these would leave me in your gratitude.

You basically can't as there is no node on the side where the port extends towards. If there was, that node would be either too high when the port is retracted or too low when it is extended as it is fixed in place. The stock shielded docking port suffers the same fate. You'll have to use the standard docking port if you want to use it as a decoupler.

22 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Sorry, and now a question: Is the docking port on the Evac-U-8 module compatible with the Clamp-o-Tron or some other docking port?

Yes.

17 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

It's a little sketchy around decals because there aren't any for food,oxygen,waste,wastewater and carbondioxide.They would need to be added by Nertea.

And probably won't be ;).