[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

1 hour ago, KarmaLarma said:

Hi, I've just got a question regarding crew slots on the centrifuges. I've had an issue midway through career where crew slots are no longer visible in the SPH and VAB on centrifuges. I don't know if this is a case of problem created or solved, could anyone confirm whether or not they're supposed to have crew slots in-editor? Just so I can establish a baseline.

Inflatable parts do not have slots in the editor. I had to make some compromises to properly handle the IVAs and spawning from the VAB with crew inside conflicted, weirdly, with making the IVAs spin the right way (hard to explain).

8 hours ago, KarmaLarma said:

Hi, I've just got a question regarding crew slots on the centrifuges. I've had an issue midway through career where crew slots are no longer visible in the SPH and VAB on centrifuges. I don't know if this is a case of problem created or solved, could anyone confirm whether or not they're supposed to have crew slots in-editor? Just so I can establish a baseline.

EDIT: Just checked, and it's anything inflatable, not just centrifuges. However, the phenomenon is limited only to the SSPX mod.

It would help if you provided a link to your output_log file, if nothing else for the mods you have installed and which versions they are.  It could be a config file conflict but not necessarily a problem with this mod.

Have you considered creating a save with just the bare minimum mods that reproduces the problem?  This would help isolate the cause.

On 7/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, CMagnuson said:

Any chance an update is coming for this plug-in? The warning message displayed on startup saying Station Parts Expansion Redux isn't compatible with KSP v1.4.4 is becoming bothersome.

You can get rid of the message by deleting ksp-AVP.

11 hours ago, Nertea said:

Inflatable parts do not have slots in the editor. I had to make some compromises to properly handle the IVAs and spawning from the VAB with crew inside conflicted, weirdly, with making the IVAs spin the right way (hard to explain).

That is weird. But anyway, thanks for your rapid response! Guess I had better get to playing with them. I'm really enjoying the kit so far, it's an awesome set of parts. :D

4 hours ago, Brigadier said:

It would help if you provided a link to your output_log file, if nothing else for the mods you have installed and which versions they are.  It could be a config file conflict but not necessarily a problem with this mod.

Have you considered creating a save with just the bare minimum mods that reproduces the problem?  This would help isolate the cause.

I do have a backup save where the slots are available in the editor for some reason, but it might be because of the presence of Kerbalism. It's the only mod I've changed between the backup and now and it does have its own centrifuge, so it might be because of that. Again though, I just needed to establish a baseline, I can work with either scenario- if you're keen to make a conclusion about it I can send the log your way when I get home. Thank you for your suggestion though!

On 7/23/2018 at 7:38 PM, KarmaLarma said:

if you're keen to make a conclusion about it I can send the log your way when I get home. Thank you for your suggestion though

You're welcome and I hope you solve it.

I'm not wise in the ways of science analyzing a output_log file myself but others are.  The How To Get Support link is a pretty standard request by many mod authors.

This mod is amazing! Although I have 3 tiny suggestions that would in my opinion make it better. The 1m lander should have a 4 legged variant, so that symmetry with ships that use it is better. Also variants of the other base frames with the metal shell would be nicer, and make landers cleaner. Also a double variant of the cradle legs that is just 2 together. Sorry if this seems a bit demanding or too much like a wishlist. I hope you understand.

36 minutes ago, JH4C said:

Small suggestion: it would be nice if the mandatory dependencies were mentioned in the OP, even though they're included with the download.

Why? I always only include mandatory things in the downloads unless I explicitly specify.

4 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Why? I always only include mandatory things in the downloads unless I explicitly specify.

It helps me keep track of what I'm installing, including whether or not it's something I've already tried and had problems with for whatever reason, be it conflicting with another mod or it not working well alongside my OS or hardware. Having to download 250+MB before finding out that I can't use this because of one small file is disappointing. It also seems to be accepted good manners in other release posts to mention all dependencies, be they mandatory or optional.

There's also deeper stuff about increased complexity of installing some mods due to historic splintering, but that's a discussion for another time and place. Just thought it might be as helpful to others as it would be to me, hence mentioning it at all.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:50 PM, JH4C said:

It helps me keep track of what I'm installing, including whether or not it's something I've already tried and had problems with for whatever reason, be it conflicting with another mod or it not working well alongside my OS or hardware. Having to download 250+MB before finding out that I can't use this because of one small file is disappointing. It also seems to be accepted good manners in other release posts to mention all dependencies, be they mandatory or optional.

There's also deeper stuff about increased complexity of installing some mods due to historic splintering, but that's a discussion for another time and place. Just thought it might be as helpful to others as it would be to me, hence mentioning it at all.

Fair enough. 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:07 AM, Barzon Kerman said:

Will this be where the 3.75m and SRB revamp you (@Nertea) made will be available?

Nah.

SSPXr 1.0.5

•  KSP 1.4.5
  •  Updated ModuleManger to 3.0.7
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.3.3
  •  Added Italian localization (Carlo Rossi (CRL42))
  •  Widened versioning to allow anything up to 1.4.9999 because Squad.
  •  Fixed a mesh hole on 2.5m centrifuge
  •  Fixed issue with short huge container collider
  •  Added control nodes to extensible tubes so they control-from-here the right way
  •  Moved PPD-MULT to Meta-Materials node

Hello, I am having a problem, i can't deploy the centrifuge, the game sais i need at least 2 or 3 engineers to do that. Obviously i do have them on  board, but the game still doesnt let me. Help please?:) SSSPXr 1.0.5, game version 1.4.3

Edited by Arkanis

1 hour ago, Arkanis said:

Hello, I am having a problem, i can't deploy the centrifuge, the game sais i need at least 2 or 3 engineers to do that. Obviously i do have them on  board, but the game still doesnt let me. Help please?:) SSSPXr 1.0.5, game version 1.4.3

What other mods are you running? You may require Equipment (WBI) or MaterialKits (USI) depending on your settings. Or they may need to be EVA.

Edited by Norcalplanner

1 hour ago, Luc1fer said:

Excuse me sir, do centrifuge modules have any utily after looking bloody cool?

Yep. If you're running something like USI they contribute hugely to your hab stat, allowing Kerbals to remain on station for longer. Otherwise, no, they just look schweet.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:03 AM, CorporalRutland said:

Made my day to come back to KSP after a long absence and see my favourite mod updated. One problem: none of your nice connector bits are showing up in the tech tree (at least that I can see). I'm using CTT. What node should they be in?

What connector bits? I haven't had any reports, most of the standard connectors are in usual-non-CTT nodes. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

They go along nicely with Kerbal Health too.

Yep! I'm using Kerbal Health in my current career, and these parts help on multiple fronts. For example, the centrifuges reduce the microgravity penalty, while the Hostel habitat is so large that it reduces the penalty from being on a mission away from home.