[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

The new version of these are absolutely gorgeous, especially with the clean insulated mounting border options!

The only thing I've been disappointed by so far is that the multi-way hub piece can't be tweakscaled down to 1.25m for use with all the 1.25m parts and crew tubes... (After watching Kottobos' spotlight, I saw that there is a 1.25m version of it, which apparently I've somehow failed to unlock in the career game I'm playing despite unlocking the 2.5m version. Weird!)

Also, I'm a little confused by the presence of flight control props in the IVA of the Porthole. It makes a great 1.25m endcap or nosecone, and the throttle and joystick on the kerbal's seat makes me think I should be able to find a way to "control from here" (like you can with docking ports, even though they aren't command pods) so that I could fly while looking out its lovely IVA windows. :D I wonder if there's some way to make it usable as such (like the larger, but terribly unaerodynamic, 2.5m cupola pod), without necessarily adding all the other bells and whistles a full command pod generally comes with? Maybe the module used by the external command seat, if it's different from what the normal command pods use?

Edited by Tallinu

The beauty and intricacy of this mod is stunning -- it is truly amazing work.  I cannot wait to install it and work it into my game, however I have a question...I understand that this runs along side of the Stockalike Station Parts Expansion pack so that it won't break a game when it comes to that.  However, this mod re-textures 3 of the stock parts...will this break crafts currently in the field built with these 3 stock parts? 

15 minutes ago, bsooner77 said:

However, this mod re-textures 3 of the stock parts...will this break crafts currently in the field built with these 3 stock parts? 

no... thats the beauty of texture switching... (at least when its working, and used properly)

1 hour ago, bsooner77 said:

Oh, okay...I didn't know that those parts had a full texture switch, I just thought the end pieces on the modules switched textures.  I missed that part...Thanks!

well, they may not have user "switchable" textures...i dont recall... but you can do a texture "swap/replacement" on parts in stock... dont need a switcher plugin for that...
I belive thats how Ven's basically works...

WOW! These are gorgeous! Thanks!

Concerning life support mods, I've noticed Interstellar Flight Inc, automatically adds life support to command pods. But fails to do this with the parts in the Utilities tab (inflatable and non-inflatable ones).

Is this behavior intended (we should provide LS adding parts) or is just a compatibility issue?

On 1/29/2018 at 7:07 PM, Wyzard said:

Looks great!  I'd been holding off on building a new station, waiting for these to be released.  :)

One small bug report: on the PPD-MULT station connector, in the "4-Way (Plane)" configuration, it looks like the gold foil texture is rotated 180° from where it's meant to be — there are markings that match the shape of the cabling on the opposite side.  (Doesn't bother me, just figured I should point it out anyway.)

Ah yes. I will check it out.

On 1/30/2018 at 3:00 PM, Tidal Stream said:

You should fix the update date, the first post says

I think you'll live!

12 hours ago, Tallinu said:

The new version of these are absolutely gorgeous, especially with the clean insulated mounting border options!

The only thing I've been disappointed by so far is that the multi-way hub piece can't be tweakscaled down to 1.25m for use with all the 1.25m parts and crew tubes... (After watching Kottobos' spotlight, I saw that there is a 1.25m version of it, which apparently I've somehow failed to unlock in the career game I'm playing despite unlocking the 2.5m version. Weird!)

Also, I'm a little confused by the presence of flight control props in the IVA of the Porthole. It makes a great 1.25m endcap or nosecone, and the throttle and joystick on the kerbal's seat makes me think I should be able to find a way to "control from here" (like you can with docking ports, even though they aren't command pods) so that I could fly while looking out its lovely IVA windows. :D I wonder if there's some way to make it usable as such (like the larger, but terribly unaerodynamic, 2.5m cupola pod), without necessarily adding all the other bells and whistles a full command pod generally comes with? Maybe the module used by the external command seat, if it's different from what the normal command pods use?

Probably should have the controls like I said it did.

5 hours ago, bsooner77 said:

The beauty and intricacy of this mod is stunning -- it is truly amazing work.  I cannot wait to install it and work it into my game, however I have a question...I understand that this runs along side of the Stockalike Station Parts Expansion pack so that it won't break a game when it comes to that.  However, this mod re-textures 3 of the stock parts...will this break crafts currently in the field built with these 3 stock parts? 

Nope. This is purely cosmetic.

47 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

WOW! These are gorgeous! Thanks!

Concerning life support mods, I've noticed Interstellar Flight Inc, automatically adds life support to command pods. But fails to do this with the parts in the Utilities tab (inflatable and non-inflatable ones).

Is this behavior intended (we should provide LS adding parts) or is just a compatibility issue?

If I don't support it in the supported mods list, then good behaviour is up to that mod, I'm afraid.

I want to happy-cry, this mod is so good.

One hopefully minor request -- @Nertea , both NASA and earth-based research suggests most plants benefit from red and blue light more than green light, and so more greenhouses are using purple LED lighting. Is there any possibility of making the greenhouse parts use purple lighting? I can clip purple lights in if needed but it would be lovely if I didn't have to. And if it's a PITA, don't worry about it. Thanks for considering!

ObScreenshot:
NxW5qVE.png

Edited by LitaAlto

35 minutes ago, LitaAlto said:

One hopefully minor request -- @Nertea , both NASA and earth-based research suggests most plants benefit from red and blue light more than green light, and so more greenhouses are using purple LED lighting. Is there any possibility of making the greenhouse parts use purple lighting? I can clip purple lights in if needed but it would be lovely if I didn't have to. And if it's a PITA, don't worry about it. Thanks for considering!

Hrrmmm... if "someone" else can have a space discoteque module, with disco ball and jukebox, in "their" deep space parts mod... i wouldnt think purple lighting would be too much too ask... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

18 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Hrrmmm... if "someone" else can have a space discoteque module, with disco ball and jukebox... i wouldnt think purple lighting would be too much too ask... :P

To be fair, I feel like I'm putting a lot on him to ask about purple grow lights, given he gave us a freaking disco. And fish.

And inflatables. And centrifuges. And storage containers.

And greebles. I am spoiled for greebles.

Edited by LitaAlto

Well, I know she's pretty much done and prolly wants to finish Redux up, cuz its been just "sssoooooo" much fun doing it, but I know she prolly wants to move on to something else to take a break from Redux... But IMHO, it seems such a small request, that could always be put on the shelf for an update sometime later... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

Love the updates....so much so, that the station components I had spent yesterday launching and assembling the sub sections of was replaced by this evenings work having backed up to a previous save.  It was tedious to rework; but much needed in light of the great stuff you just released!  The new station will be MUCH better.