[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

4 minutes ago, Nicky21 said:

A shame, though, as there tube extenders are the only way to make a decent station that can dock almost anything on it. By using docking ports you have to make sure that all the ports are in the correct positions on all your ship classes.

A simple MM patch could clone the B-EX-1 and rescale it... and as long as there is some control module inline with the tube then you don't have to use the tube as a control reference. Not a great solution but it is workable, at least until the issues get fixed.

12 hours ago, Starwaster said:
  • It has a collider that extends when the arm button is clicked, just as though the tube had extended. It stays extended even if the tube is disarmed.
  • It has no control transform which combined with its starting orientation causes issues if you click 'control from here' on the part. (uses the Y axis as the control vector which points out the SIDE of the tube) 
  • Either there is NO node transform or it does not have the right transform name configured

Sounds like you have an old version. The latter two issues existed in the past but don't anymore.

The other issue... guys.

I have a demanding job and a little kid to take care of. You're lucky you even get updates. Don't go all doom and gloom because I don't have time to open KSP and even start investigating this immediately. It'll be fixed.

1 minute ago, Nertea said:

The other issue... guys.

I have a demanding job and a little kid to take care of. You're lucky you even get updates. Don't go all doom and gloom because I don't have time to open KSP and even start investigating this immediately. It'll be fixed.

You don't have to feel pressured about it. Nobody's trying to pressure you. 

I noted something strange with the USI-LS recyclers. The ones in this mod seems to be stackable, the more I put in, the less supplies the Kerbals use, without limit. While other recyclers don't, each Kerbal can benefit from only one (the highest available), if I put more, nothing changes.

Is this intended? I think it may be, because the most of the values are low (25%), they would be made useless by the simplest one that comes with the USI-LS mod (which reduces by 60%, and is very light, small and cheap).

Anyone else noted this?

Thanks.

EDIT: @DStaal gave me an excellent answer here.

Edited by MaximumThrust

I have a question for the community...

"This may be my fault for not not installing all mods that are known to Kerbal-kind, (though I did use CKAN) but I do find it strange that the "Fish Farm" (AquaCulture module) has one conversion option uses waste and ore to make "fertilizer", while the unit has "mineral" storage but no fertilizer storage (and minerals are a necessary input in some of your other greenhouses like the PXL-R4NCH large hydroponics module)... Is there a way either to convert Fertilizer back to Minerals, or can you point out which config file manages the conversion of Ore+Waste -> Fertilizer (so I can make it become Mineral instead?"

https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/issues/172

On 11/24/2018 at 12:00 AM, Flush Foot said:

"This may be my fault for not not installing all mods that are known to Kerbal-kind, (though I did use CKAN) but I do find it strange that the "Fish Farm" (AquaCulture module) has one conversion option uses waste and ore to make "fertilizer", while the unit has "mineral" storage but no fertilizer storage (and minerals are a necessary input in some of your other greenhouses like the PXL-R4NCH large hydroponics module)... Is there a way either to convert Fertilizer back to Minerals, or can you point out which config file manages the conversion of Ore+Waste -> Fertilizer (so I can make it become Mineral instead?"

It looks like the fertilizer component is supposed to be used with the mod kerbal planetary base systems.

If you want to change the converter settings you can open "GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-TACLS.cfg" with a text editor (in your ksp install directory). Search for the algae farm part and change the output resource fertilizer with mineral.

19 hours ago, Tegmil said:

It looks like the fertilizer component is supposed to be used with the mod kerbal planetary base systems.

If you want to change the converter settings you can open "GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-TACLS.cfg" with a text editor (in your ksp install directory). Search for the algae farm part and change the output resource fertilizer with mineral.

Actually fertilizer is more for usi-ls

1 hour ago, space_powder said:

Are there any more parts planned?

By following Nerteas work for a while now I am confident to say, yes, most definitely. I cant imagine Nerteas mind ever going to rest over KSP parts. How else would you explain this amplitude of different parts?

Seriously though, I would be surprised if it stops here. Lets hear what the man himself has to say.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:00 PM, Flush Foot said:

Thanks for letting me know. If you have some kind of fix/upgrade, feel free to submit it to me, I don't maintain these patches. 

On 11/27/2018 at 5:38 AM, space_powder said:

Are there any more parts planned?

Maybe. What do you want to see?

I haven't weighed in (much) on any of the NF threads, even though I've been using these mods for several years - but as someone who dips his toe into modding, and who has 2 kids of his own (3-1/2 yo and an almost 1yo), I just wanted to express my appreciation for these mods in general and the Space Stations pack especially. I was a fan of the original version, but this revision is fantastic. (and I *also* like the revised docking port textures) Lately, it seems like there's maybe a dozen modders carrying 80% of the weight of developing and maintaining mods, and since you'll always hear more complaints than compliments, I just wanted to say thanks so much for taking the time to develop this and push it out, and for helping provide me with hours of entertainment above and beyond the game itself.

Now if someone in the community would just create IVA patches for everything to add MOARDV's RPM replacement to all the command pods... ;-) I might need to sit down and figure out how to do that myself - because I do love a good IVA.

Edited by panarchist
Ok - I have posted to one once or twice, so I added (much) in the first sentence.

19 minutes ago, panarchist said:

it seems like there's maybe a dozen modders carrying 80% of the weight of developing and maintaining mods, and since you'll always hear more complaints than compliments, I just wanted to say thanks so much for taking the time to develop this and push it out, and for helping provide me with hours of entertainment above and beyond the game itself.

@Nertea Second and totally support the kudos! I've been updating my 1.5.1 game and it's been cool going back through threads for all the NF mods, Station Parts, Atomics/Cryogenics, Heat Control, the list goes on and on. Seriously, keep up the amazing work, it makes a huge difference for this game and the community!

Still loving this mod, building a station with it right now. Really looking forward to ReStock as well. Thanks for all you do.

One quick feature request: Would it be possible to add KIS Inventory/Storage as one of the config options for the cargo containers?

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

One quick feature request: Would it be possible to add KIS Inventory/Storage as one of the config options for the cargo containers?

Seconded. Since they’re supposed to be multipurpose cargo containers, I think it’d make sense for them to have KIS inventories.

Any external mod support should be contributed from others at this point. If you have a solution to add something that switches the container to a KIS inventory type, then that'd be a great PR, but I don't really have the time/knowledge to do this myself. 

9 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Still loving this mod, building a station with it right now. Really looking forward to ReStock as well. Thanks for all you do.

7 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Seconded. Since they’re supposed to be multipurpose cargo containers, I think it’d make sense for them to have KIS inventories.

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

Any external mod support should be contributed from others at this point. If you have a solution to add something that switches the container to a KIS inventory type, then that'd be a great PR, but I don't really have the time/knowledge to do this myself. 

Full disclosure, I'm just drawing what I'm saying next out of thin air based on experiences with other mods, but I'm not a modder myself so I might also be talking out of my exhaust port at this point. (And because I'm not a modder, sorry I can't produce the result, but hopefully contributing to the discussion to provide possible avenues?)

Nertea, would I be right to assume that the tank switching is governed by B9, right? Not sure if B9 would have the option to switch to a KIS inventory in that case, that's a question more for the proper thread. I know the WildBlue tanks in the Pathfinder series do switch to KIS tanks (and I'm not sure if all of them governed by the system do), but that's unique to WildBlue. I think. Angel-125 would have the more authoritative answer on this, though.

Alternatively, one could just take the USI Core Kontainer option, which is to simply draft up the configs for new parts that use KIS modules, but use (or use a variant of) the cargo container models Nertea created. (Those shipping containers are what I'm talking about here if I know what I'm talking about here). That however would need Nertea's permission to use the models, or to modify the visual models for such a part to be distinguishable. Meaning this path I think and this is where it gets quasilegal, although I admit that I have to check the license first even if someone would donate the code for it, would be Nertea's call because of the permission for model usage, more than if it was possible to make an MM interact with B9 B9 right? to switch the existing cargo containers to a KIS option. And even if the license is the most permissive, it still would be most polite to ask permission.

But I do third the call as well, I miss those wedge-shaped old-school KAS containers from the souposphere era, and these are just wicked industrial-sized versions of them.

1 minute ago, B-STRK said:

Full disclosure, I'm just drawing what I'm saying next out of thin air based on experiences with other mods, but I'm not a modder myself so I might also be talking out of my exhaust port at this point. (And because I'm not a modder, sorry I can't produce the result, but hopefully contributing to the discussion to provide possible avenues?)

Nertea, would I be right to assume that the tank switching is governed by B9, right? Not sure if B9 would have the option to switch to a KIS inventory in that case, that's a question more for the proper thread. I know the WildBlue tanks in the Pathfinder series do switch to KIS tanks (and I'm not sure if all of them governed by the system do), but that's unique to WildBlue. I think. Angel-125 would have the more authoritative answer on this, though.

Alternatively, one could just take the USI Core Kontainer option, which is to simply draft up the configs for new parts that use KIS modules, but use (or use a variant of) the cargo container models Nertea created. (Those shipping containers are what I'm talking about here if I know what I'm talking about here). That however would need Nertea's permission to use the models, or to modify the visual models for such a part to be distinguishable. Meaning this path I think and this is where it gets quasilegal, although I admit that I have to check the license first even if someone would donate the code for it, would be Nertea's call because of the permission for model usage, more than if it was possible to make an MM interact with B9 B9 right? to switch the existing cargo containers to a KIS option. And even if the license is the most permissive, it still would be most polite to ask permission.

But I do third the call as well, I miss those wedge-shaped old-school KAS containers from the souposphere era, and these are just wicked industrial-sized versions of them.

This is mostly what I have spent the last couple of hours discovering. (I've been combing through wikis and part configs.)

The other thing that dawned on me as I was looking over things: As I was looking at the parts, I noticed that most of the cargo container models in SSPX don't actually have external doors. (Yeah, it's a nitpicky thing, but that's how I think.) I've now shifted to looking around to see if anyone has actually made a dedicated 3.75m KIS storage container. And I'm coming up with bupkis.