[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

I had a read through the past few pages to see if someone else has asked and couldnt spot anything (sorry if i missed it)

Is there any issues with this on 1.6.x ? 

I've backed up my save and tried it on 1.6.0 (at least till steam trolled me with 1.6.1) and not having any dramas so far just wondered if I'm facing impending doom at any point (well more so than usual :D )

Regardless thanks for this mod !

8 hours ago, Squeaky said:

I had a read through the past few pages to see if someone else has asked and couldnt spot anything (sorry if i missed it)

Is there any issues with this on 1.6.x ? 

I've backed up my save and tried it on 1.6.0 (at least till steam trolled me with 1.6.1) and not having any dramas so far just wondered if I'm facing impending doom at any point (well more so than usual :D )

Regardless thanks for this mod !

I haven’t had any issues (that I can see) with it in 1.6 or 1.6.1. 

Station Parts Expansion Redux 1.1.0

•  KSP 1.6.x
  •  Updated ModuleManager to 3.1.3
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.6.0
  •  Updated NearFutureProps to 0.5.0
  •  Minor change to licensing of code/configs (MIT now)

Also please note the removal of the Dropbox D/L. It was annoying to update, if you want you can now get it from the Github releases page.

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Station Parts Expansion Redux 1.1.0

•  KSP 1.6.x
  •  Updated ModuleManager to 3.1.3
  •  Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.6.0
  •  Updated NearFutureProps to 0.5.0
  •  Minor change to licensing of code/configs (MIT now)

Also please note the removal of the Dropbox D/L. It was annoying to update, if you want you can now get it from the Github releases page.

Well time to go back to work building stations for Elon n Musk. :D

Space_Coyote

1 hour ago, TM31D2475 said:

I’m not waisting 15 hours of my life watching my computer chugging just to download the enormous file

By "enormous" file, do you mean the 262MB zip? It would take 1.7 minutes to download at 20Mbps (which is a below average download speed)

This is so beautiful it made me cry. Donated! Do the greenhouses in this mod function just like the original SETI greenhouses? I see that the standalone SETI greenhouses convert food to "nutrients" which is required for plant growth, but yours don't. There is mention of "minerals" but they aren't actually used by the greenhouse.

Edited by neil470

Hi Nertea,

I'm using SSPRx with snacks! (ksp 1.6.1, SSPRx 1.1.0 and snacks! 1.11.1) and I found a config error concerning snack processing.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

As you can see, the PXL-R4NCH-3R snack production is one-fifth of the PPD-F412M for the same amounts of input resources.

I might also suggest a slight rebalance for the PXL-R4NCH. Since it's larger and more expensive than the PPD-F412M, it should produce a bit more snacks.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Trashy_Spartan said:

Hi Nertea,

I'm using SSPRx with snacks! (ksp 1.6.1, SSPRx 1.1.0 and snacks! 1.11.1) and I found a config error concerning snack processing.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.pngunknown.png

As you can see, the PXL-R4NCH-3R snack production is one-fifth of the PPD-F412M for the same amounts of input resources.

I might also suggest a slight rebalance for the PXL-R4NCH. Since it's larger and more expensive than the PPD-F412M, it should produce a bit more snacks.

Thanks.

So, I keep getting people commenting about this and I need to reiterate - I don't know anything about the supported mods. I barely even play the game. The configs are community contributed and I don't have the expertise about the mods in question to configure them correctly, much less balance them.

I've had people start working on complete revamps/fixes a few times and disappear, or have several people working on different versions of different fixes that are impossible for an outsider to reconcile. Until I actually get complete sets of upgrades there's little I can do. 

On 12/19/2018 at 10:43 PM, Boamere said:

This Pastebin File is my edited SSPXR-USILS.cfg, I tested it in the VAB just now and it seems to work. I'm going to bed though so I'll see if it works in game tomorrow Works in game. not sure about the greenhouses

Will this config still work if I don't have station parts installed, just in case I decide to not use it in the long run? Would it be safer to make a backup of my config instead?

On 1/25/2019 at 12:13 AM, Moostic said:

Will this config still work if I don't have station parts installed, just in case I decide to not use it in the long run? Would it be safer to make a backup of my config instead?

To install it you'd want to overwrite the SSPXR-USILS.cfg file that this mod ships with, so if you deleted the mod, you'd delete that file too.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:43 AM, Boamere said:

Just thought I should mention that this mod doesn't work with USI-LS habitation anymore,  some update with the module means that none of the parts are giving multipliers or extra months 

Edit: specifically it's the SSPXR-USILS.cfg that needs editing.

I'm working on copy pasting the new module for ULS to it now, I'll see if it works

This Pastebin File is my edited SSPXR-USILS.cfg, I tested it in the VAB just now and it seems to work. I'm going to bed though so I'll see if it works in game tomorrow Works in game. not sure about the greenhouses

Edit: just to reiterate this file is only for use with the Constellation pack version of the USI-LS as that is most up to date area of Roverdudes mods

Just tested this now and can confirm all works great, including greenhouses. @Boamere should I submit a pull-request for it or were you already planning to?

Hey, 

I have a question regarding one of the parts in this mod. I'm using Ven's stock part revamp mod and It seams that the Clamp-O-Tron docking port has been replaced by this mod. (I've tried to track down which mod changeing that specific docking port, and after testing it in a clean install, with Ven's stock part revamp it seams that it's done by this mod) Is it really supposed to change it to it's own, or is that just some kind of bug?

The other question is, can I remove only that part from this mod? Because I really like the rest of the parts and they have been made really well, and I don't want to remove it because of that, but I find the Ven's dockingport so much better and all the other dockingports are untoched, only tis one.

10 hours ago, BlitzCadet said:

Hey, 

I have a question regarding one of the parts in this mod. I'm using Ven's stock part revamp mod and It seams that the Clamp-O-Tron docking port has been replaced by this mod. (I've tried to track down which mod changeing that specific docking port, and after testing it in a clean install, with Ven's stock part revamp it seams that it's done by this mod) Is it really supposed to change it to it's own, or is that just some kind of bug?

The other question is, can I remove only that part from this mod? Because I really like the rest of the parts and they have been made really well, and I don't want to remove it because of that, but I find the Ven's dockingport so much better and all the other dockingports are untoched, only tis one.

You can, just go and remove the appropriate patch from this file: https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/master/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXr-StockPartReplacements.cfg

Keep in mind that now your basic docking ports will not match the two new docking parts from this mod. 

14 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Nertea Forgive me if I’m being dumb, but is there any repository of compatibility patches for this mod? BTW, I’m not at my computer right now so I can’t check the mod’s folder.

https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/tree/master/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches

All the compatibility patches are here I believe.