[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

37 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

And my computer has 16GB of RAM. Isn't that enough?????

Depends on how much memory your other mods take, and what else your computer is using RAM for. As described in the OP you can remove the Internal graphics to save RAM, or ditch other, less awesome mods and focus on the glory that is SSPXr.

27 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

I found. Is KIS.

Thanks for doing that detective work and figuring things out. 

1 hour ago, Potatoroid said:

I’ve really been enjoying this mod so far; definitely my favorite crew parts expansion. However I am not sure about the greenhouse and fishing science modules. They require restoration to be used more than once, but I’m finding I cannot restore them even with two scientists. What do I need to restore them? In addition, do they act like the goo + material bays in that they only recognize biomes when landed on the surface, or do they also recognize biomes while flying or in space?

I believe they only differentiate between in space high, in space low and landed - no biome differences. The resetting should be the same as the other collectable experiments like the materials bay, etc. 

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

I haven't downloaded 1.7.1 so I'll try to check that out this weekend.

If it was B9PS, way more thing that would be broken - practically every part uses it in some form, not just the centrifuges. 

I do think it may be something to do with B9PS, for a different reason. I did a clean install of everything with the expansion being out. Then reinstalled just this mod. I got past the load screen, but container storage are locked out. Other parts can swap attached, part types, etc,  but im finding the contains locked on Cargo: Ore. Its probably some minor thing. 

https://imgur.com/jVooqci

https://imgur.com/AReBUA7

https://imgur.com/FM6ydK2

16 minutes ago, OopsThatNotWork said:

I do think it may be something to do with B9PS, for a different reason. I did a clean install of everything with the expansion being out. Then reinstalled just this mod. I got past the load screen, but container storage are locked out. Other parts can swap attached, part types, etc,  but im finding the contains locked on Cargo: Ore. Its probably some minor thing. 

https://imgur.com/jVooqci

https://imgur.com/AReBUA7

https://imgur.com/FM6ydK2

If only this mod is installed, you can only use Ore, because there's no additional resources to store. Adding relevant mods will add relevant resource categories. 

14 minutes ago, Nertea said:

If only this mod is installed, you can only use Ore, because there's no additional resources to store. Adding relevant mods will add relevant resource categories. 

Ah, then that my mistake. Everything working great then. I honestly dont use those ones too much, but i try to check stuff after an update. Thank you for all your hard work.

All of Future Tech appears to be functional with expansion so far as well. 

Hey man, first off thanks so much for the amazing mod!

I just have one quick problem/suggestion: when I use the snacks life support mod, the inflatable crew habitats don't seem to have any snack storage capacity. Would it be possible to add snacks to the inflatable crew modules as well as the fixed ones?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, chaos_forge said:

Hey man, first off thanks so much for the amazing mod!

I just have one quick problem/suggestion: when I use the snacks life support mod, the inflatable crew habitats don't seem to have any snack storage capacity. Would it be possible to add snacks to the inflatable crew modules as well as the fixed ones?

Thanks!

What's happening is that in Snacks' default patch, it checks for CrewCapacity and adds snack capacity 50 or 200 per Kerbal depending on whether it can act as a command module.

The inflatables in this mod don't have CrewCapacity > 0. You need to do something like this https://github.com/HSJasperism/Snacks/blob/master/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Snacks/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_SSPR.cfg

5 hours ago, ndiver said:

By curiosity, why can't the hydroponics module be re-run for the plant growth experiment?

The same reason all science experiments can't be re-run. Each one is good for a given amount of science per environmental situation/biome. Additionally some experiments require that they be run multiple times before they yield all of their science and sometimes you have to physically transport the science to Kerbin to get the maximum amount of science out of them. (as opposed to transmitting the data)

And of course you can choose to process the data in a lab to further maximize the science you get from them.

But ultimately, every experiment has a set amount of science that they will yield per situation after which they will yield no more science no matter how often you run the experiment. 

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

The same reason all science experiments can't be re-run. Each one is good for a given amount of science per environmental situation/biome. Additionally some experiments require that they be run multiple times before they yield all of their science and sometimes you have to physically transport the science to Kerbin to get the maximum amount of science out of them. (as opposed to transmitting the data)

And of course you can choose to process the data in a lab to further maximize the science you get from them.

But ultimately, every experiment has a set amount of science that they will yield per situation after which they will yield no more science no matter how often you run the experiment. 

Presently, i've run the experiment and sent it to the Processing Lab, but did not expected after to now be able to do once agib the experiment with the same hydroponic module to bring it back to Kerbin.
As i understand it, i've to send a new hydroponic module if i want to bring back the same experiment to Kerbin.

9 minutes ago, ndiver said:

Presently, i've run the experiment and sent it to the Processing Lab, but did not expected after to now be able to do once agib the experiment with the same hydroponic module to bring it back to Kerbin.
As i understand it, i've to send a new hydroponic module if i want to bring back the same experiment to Kerbin.

No no no, worst case scenario you might have to have a scientist clean it up (I forget if it’s a requirement for that part) but it’s totally reusable. 

41 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

No no no, worst case scenario you might have to have a scientist clean it up (I forget if it’s a requirement for that part) but it’s totally reusable. 

You can clean it (you have to to re-use it) but today I was messing with it and couldn't actually get it to reset on EVA. The option wasn't appearing in the PAW (and my scientist was as close as I could get him without clipping into the part). It looks like you need to have at least some other part that can clean other science experiments. I think the Experiment Storage Unit part is capable of that (it seems to be when I play, but I've got such a heavily modded save that I don't know if that is stock or not...). Otherwise, you need one of the science labs.

13 minutes ago, TBenz said:

You can clean it (you have to to re-use it) but today I was messing with it and couldn't actually get it to reset on EVA. The option wasn't appearing in the PAW (and my scientist was as close as I could get him without clipping into the part). It looks like you need to have at least some other part that can clean other science experiments. I think the Experiment Storage Unit part is capable of that (it seems to be when I play, but I've got such a heavily modded save that I don't know if that is stock or not...). Otherwise, you need one of the science labs.

Every time I use the hydroponics parts it's on a station with a lab

Edit: According to the config, the interaction range is 1.85 and it's a 1.25m part measured from the center so it should work from EVA... 

Edit #2: I meant that as radius because I forgot for a moment we measrue it by diameter :blush: still that should be close enough?

Edited by Starwaster

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

And you think i don't?

Spoiler

1560035002-screenshot108.png

The lab is the part on what the cupola is fixed. But notice that i still play with KSP 1.4.5 :wink:

3 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

I have no idea if you do or do not - have you tried right clicking the lab and then clicking 'clean experiments'?

Not yet, but now that you have suggested it, I will try and bring a feedback :)

6 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Edit: According to the config, the interaction range is 1.85 and it's a 1.25m part measured from the center so it should work from EVA... 

Edit #2: I meant that as radius because I forgot for a moment we measrue it by diameter :blush: still that should be close enough?

Yeah, I've only ever seriously used it with a lab either. It's such a bulky part, and less functional than a lab, so if I'm ever using it I'm sure to already have a lab on my craft also.

As to the interaction range, I didn't test it too thoroughly, and I've got some 60 mods installed, so something else could have done something strange to it. I'll give it a more rigorous test right now.

Edit: Yeah, no joy. I can take the data out of it properly (so the interaction range is correct), but the reset is not available on EVA. I think it has to do with this line in the config:

hideUIwhenUnavailable = True

If that's the case, it seem to be intentionally not-reset-able without a lab. I guess you could argue that it would take a proper set of laboratory equipment to perform a full reset of the scientific studies in such a part.

Edited by TBenz

10 hours ago, Starwaster said:

I have no idea if you do or do not - have you tried right clicking the lab and then clicking 'clean experiments'?

Now i can confirm you that this solution works (I didn't know it), so i thank you all for your feedbacks :)

i dont know if its been asked before but i want to create my own spinning section using the pilgrim centrifuge. unfortunately the docking ports on dont seem to be functional? is it possible to enable surface mounting on extensible parts or enable the docking ports? i dont know of the internals of this game works so ya. if at the very least id like the docking ports to be functional.

5 hours ago, Grizzlord said:

i dont know if its been asked before but i want to create my own spinning section using the pilgrim centrifuge. unfortunately the docking ports on dont seem to be functional? is it possible to enable surface mounting on extensible parts or enable the docking ports? i dont know of the internals of this game works so ya. if at the very least id like the docking ports to be functional.

The hatches on the Pilgrim are not meant to function as docking ports. It might technically be possible to make the Pilgrim function as a rotating hub that you can build off of, now that we have the Breaking Grounds DLC, but it would probably be a royal pain to do. Moreover, if I had to guess, I would say that using the Pilgrim (or any of the other SSPX centrifuges) as a rotating hub for constructing larger rotating sections is completely outside the scope of their design and intended functionality. You would be better served creating your own rotating hub with the Breaking Grounds parts.  

Edited by TBenz