[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

@majNUN If/when you're done finalizing those numbers, I'll be happy to include them in my PR for the next release of SSPXr, alongside another adjustment for TAC, and one for USI-LS. I'll make sure to credit you in the config file. :) 

I don't recall exactly but (as I made the initial config) I did involve a spreadsheet and attempt a process of summing up 1 unit mass of each resource and then cracking them back down so the SSPXr tanks would hold 2/3 of LS and 1/3 of wastes.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

28 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Has anyone else noticed when viewing the IVA of the spinning parts they appear to be clipping through a static version of the same part? It looks like this:

lI2lH0P.jpg

Not that particular behavior, no. Any chance you rotated the centrifuge part, though? I did notice something odd that I'll document later, where the transparency view and presumably the IVA ignore the rotation of the part. I flipped it 180 degrees so the windows faced toward the command modules but the IVA didn't flip with it.

9 minutes ago, LitaAlto said:

Not that particular behavior, no. Any chance you rotated the centrifuge part, though? I did notice something odd that I'll document later, where the transparency view and presumably the IVA ignore the rotation of the part. I flipped it 180 degrees so the windows faced toward the command modules but the IVA didn't flip with it.

I may have rotated it, but I honestly don't remember. What I have noticed is that this appears to be an issue with all my centrifuges. Come to think of it, the part we see through the window is the back end of my ship, though the windows point out to the front when viewed from outside. So that may well be the issue.

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

I know, I know, I'm working in it, I'm a little burnt out right now alright.

You hammered through making all these pretty fast; better to take a good break then come back later otherwise you'll get a bad taste in your mouth. Honestly, I can say without doubt that I see your model and texture work as being foremost in the KSP community; much appreciated.

On ‎1‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 7:18 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I purposely made no Mulch tank type as USI's many greenhouse parts make mass Mulch storage fairly meaningless... But I'll add one* along with the adjustments for TAC LS (see my previous comment)

* Do note that it will use the Soil decal from Snacks LS unless @Nertea makes a Mulch decal and adds it to all the containers.

I'm not familiar with "B9 Part Switch" so i can't solve this myself.When using USI LS,the storage containers also have all the other resources that are used by MKS.But if i remove all the unnecessary resources from CRP and from both patches (B9TankTypes,Containers-Switches)  the decals on containers get corrupted.So maybe you could make the patches be more selective since USI tool and CRP are mandatory for USI LS.

Thank you

Edited by sebi.zzr
CRP not CTT

1 hour ago, Esendis said:

Secondly, i can see doughnut, bagel, coriolis and pilgrim but not mercury extensible. Is it a planned update or am i missing something?

I can see it in sandbox mode as well as career mode.  I'm using CTT and didn't start a start a new game.  In CTT, it's at the "Long Term Habitation" node, along with the Pilgrim.  Without CTT, it might be showing up somewhere else?

3 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

I can see it in sandbox mode as well as career mode.  I'm using CTT and didn't start a start a new game.  In CTT, it's at the "Long Term Habitation" node, along with the Pilgrim.  Without CTT, it might be showing up somewhere else?

Without CTT it doesn't appear anywhere. Installed CTT and all is well.

1 hour ago, Esendis said:

Without CTT it doesn't appear anywhere. Installed CTT and all is well.

This is likely due to the part name being slighty off. In the actual part config it is

sspx-expandable-centrifuge-375-1

not 'extensible'

There are a few other very minor errors like this. I have found a few others, but want to wait before submitting a PR.

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

3 hours ago, Kerbalman1 said:

I removed b9 part switch and the top and bottom part textures of the modded parts are glitchy

Is there any way i can fix this?

Reinstall B9PartSwitch.

(All of those switchable alternative rings are present in the model, and B9PartSwitch hides all but one of them.  Without it, the game will render all of them, overlapping each other.)

For those who use the mod Filter Extensions, here is the code to create a folder for SPER. Place the file named Mod_StationPartsExpansionRedux.cfg in the folder \GameData\000_FilterExtensions_Configs\Default

CATEGORY:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
    name = StationPartsExpansionRedux
    icon = StationPartsExpansion
    colour = #FFF0F0F0
    all = true

FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = folder
			value = StationPartsExpansionRedux
		}
	}

SUBCATEGORIES
	{
		list = 0,Pods
		list = 1,Fuel Tanks
		list = 2,Engines
		list = 3,Command and Control
		list = 4,Structural
		list = 5,Coupling
		list = 6,Payload
		list = 7,Aerodynamics
		list = 8,Ground
		list = 9,Thermal
		list = 10,Electrical
		list = 11,Communications
		list = 12,Science
		list = 13,Utility
		list = 14,Undefined
	}
}

@Nertea I tested the parts right totally impressed by the quality of the IVA :o For the Aquaculture module, are the fishes inside inspired from tilapia?

2 hours ago, NomenNescio said:

Hey there, me again. Just wanted to show you another little problem I found in the IVA.

fNGKCRe.png

Hey, astronauts can do that sort of thing when they're weightless.  Maybe he just got tired of sitting in the chair.  :P