[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

Does anyone have or plan to make a patch for Ground Construction? I'm currently running MKS and I'm not a fan of its art style for the most part. Moreover, the parts from GC itself look like they came from Factorio, not KSP. I'd love to be able to use SSPX parts for that purpose though, or even have dedicated parts in the Nertea style. I'll make a patch for myself if there isn't one, but I thought I'd check and see.

Edited by ruiluth

On 10/21/2019 at 3:42 PM, Nertea said:

1.8 update will be some more time. 

screenshot9.png

Just curious, which maybe you've already answered this, will the new skins be for the 1.7.3-compatible version? Or those are planned for inclusion in the 1.8 version (which you said would be a while).

I'm asking, since I haven't upgraded to 1.8 yet (and don't plan to for a while) but always love keeping NF & SSPR updated.

Awesome work!

Edited by scottadges

On 11/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, Nicky21 said:

The voleyball and winston inflatable habitats are causein some serious loading times in the VAB. I have a station with 100 parts that takes 30 seconds to load. When I remove said haitats it loads in 5 seconds. 1.7.3.

Just checked this, made a 100 part random ship in the VAB:

j4THMhK.png

Load time 2.7 seconds.

Then I added many Winstons:

7k2N0en.png

Load time 2.9 seconds. 

Suspect you have a mod that is doing something to my parts and spamming the log or similar. 

On 11/1/2019 at 7:00 PM, scottadges said:

Just curious, which maybe you've already answered this, will the new skins be for the 1.7.3-compatible version? Or those are planned for inclusion in the 1.8 version (which you said would be a while).

I'm asking, since I haven't upgraded to 1.8 yet (and don't plan to for a while) but always love keeping NF & SSPR updated.

Awesome work!

1.8 only, but can probably be backported with appropriate dependency versions.

11 minutes ago, Aspira said:

Is this working with 1.8?

I mean, I know it's not updated yet, but is it working?

I tried to find the info reading the last pages but I couldn't find.

Thanks in advance.

I am running KSP 1.8.1, and this mod works fine. I have encountered no bugs so far, so you should give it a go (don't forget to copy your save folder in case something goes wrong)

P.S. I use the OSX version

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

I'm hoping to push this update out the door in the next day or so before I go on vacation, but I'm tracking some remaining issues and am not quite there yet. Hang tight. 

Thank you very much for all the hard work. Have a great vacation! 

16 hours ago, Nertea said:

I'm hoping to push this update out the door in the next day or so before I go on vacation, but I'm tracking some remaining issues and am not quite there yet. Hang tight. 

Thank you, love your mods and just found this one, can't wait to try it out

Ok, SSPXr 1.3.0

• KSP 1.8
  • Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.12.1
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.1.0
  • Updated NearFutureProps to 0.6.1
  • Recompiled plugin to target .NET 4.5
  • Took advantage of new B9PS features (UI, type descriptions) for most mesh switch options
  • Fixed Telescopic Clamp-O-Tron initial rotation being incorrect
  • Fixed missing brace in Coriolis config which broken centrifuge options
  • General UV tweaks and fixes to a lot of parts
  • KIS compatability fixes (needs updated KIS)
  • Added new features to auto levelling bases
    • Some bugs with Auto-Level have been corrected
    • ModuleAdjustableLeg can now have FeetPointOutwards specified which constrains the feet to point out of the base
    • ModuleLevelingBase
      • Has new Toggle, Deploy, Retract action groups
        • Toggle is automatically bound to Gear action group
        • Deploy automatically extends the legs and auto-levels
        •  Retract resets all legs to zero
        •  UI fields for Deploy, Retract can be enabled/disabled with ShowDeployRetract field in the config
      •  Auto-Level can now be bound to an action group
      •  Can now have MinimumAutoLevelFraction specified, which sets the miniumum extension when the autolevel button is pressed
      •  Can now have CanTweakAutoLevel specified, which lets minimum extension be modifiable when Adv Tweakables is on
  • New Extras package: StationPartsExpansionMetal
    • Adds a new bare metal variant surface to most parts
    • Flexible sections of inflatable modules remain the same
    • Insulated cargo modules remain the same
    • Adds two new metal-oriented endcap options (Bare and Handles (yellow))

I kinda expect some bug reports, lots of last minute work which is never good. 

This will not work in pre-1.8 without work. 

Edited by Nertea

I'm seeing 2 errors from Module Manager in ...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\PatchesSSPXR-USILS.cfg

This is a new install I'm setting up for all the 1.8.x updates.  Anyone else seeing this?

ed - to add that I do have the latest version of USI Life Support (and dependencies) installed.

ed2 - Found this in the log

[ERR 21:24:33.150] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key CrewCapacity = #$../MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]/DeployedCrewCapacity$
[LOG 21:24:33.151] Applying update StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-USILS/@PART[sspx-inflatable-hab-25-2]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport] to StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Extendable/extendable-25/sspx-inflatable-hab-25-2.cfg/PART[sspx-inflatable-hab-25-2]
[ERR 21:24:33.151] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key CrewCapacity = #$../MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]/DeployedCrewCapacity$
[LOG 21:24:33.153] Applying update StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-USILS/@PART[sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-125-1]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport] to StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Extendable/extendable-125/sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-125-1.cfg/PART[sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-125-1]

Edited by Idleness
more info

Hi Nertea,

first things first: your mod is awesome and has been one of my favourite mods for quite some time now. Thank you for all your hard work, the elaborated details and the whole new spectrum of possibilities

However one thing i can't understand - why is it, that you have those beautifull (and large scale) cargo containers in different shapes and sizes for inline and surface mounting. But None of them is KIS compatible? Every time there is an update to Kerbal, the first thing i do after installing the mods is cloning the cargo pods and changing their modules to KIS compatibility (each with KIS volume equaling the respective freight volume for the "water" ressource). It's basically cloning the base parts, editing the configs with the following piece of text, done.

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleKISInventory
	maxVolume = <WhichEverSuitsYou>
	externalAccess = true
	internalAccess = true
	slotsX = <somethingsomething>
	slotsY = <somethingelse>
	slotSize = 50
	itemIconResolution = 128
	selfIconResolution = 128
	openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
	closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
	defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
	helmetOnSndPath = KIS/Sounds/helmetOn
	helmetOffSndPath = KIS/Sounds/helmetOff
}

I love those containers for building huge freighters, interplanetary colonization vessels and such since the bigger containers can easily fit a fully working colony (e.g. Planetary Base)

Any chance those KIS cargo containers can be made a stock part in your mod? Would be awesome!!!!

Please keep up your breathtaking work!

Regards, kamikazeamoebe

I've done a bit more digging  on the 4 errors I have got and 2 of them are in the USILS Patch and the other 2 are in the MKS-Extra's patch.. so @Nertea I think the errors like in the patches with the Centrifuges (and @Idleness from waht the patches look like one has to deal with the 1.25 M centriguge and the other with the 2.4 (I believe tha  is the Coriolis one, but i could be wrong..

but that's what my thoughts on all of this is.. it's the Inflatable centrifuges that might be the issue here. Just my thoughts

Space_Coyote

3 minutes ago, Idleness said:

From the tiny investigation I did this morning I would agree with your assessment that it's the rotating habs.  I'll dig into this more this afternoon, after work if nobody else has a chance.

What's interesting, it's only two habs from three.

@Nertea Thanks a lot for the update! The metallic variants are awesome, I spent a good hour mucking around in the VAB with them! :D

One thing though - I'm pretty sure that I found a bug. The 2.5m multipoint connector doesn't seem to have any option for the new textures. Screenshot for reference:

9QAQiZO.png

As you can see, the smaller connector does have the metal textures available, so this seems like a bug to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, a small suggestion: would it be possible to have metallic variants for the self-levelling base frames, too? Just for completeness :wink:

I (and I'm sure many others) really do appreciate you continuing to maintain your awesome mods for us. You are a pillar of the community :)

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Hi, I'm on vacation but

1) please submit any updates or improvements to external compatibility as pull requests

2) it's entirely possible that I forgot to do a part of two in the surface overhaul. I'll look into it when I get back. As this was a commission no parts that were not part of the initial overhaul will be done

I would like to echo the comments on your continued maintenance and development of this, and frankly, all of your mods.  Thank you.  They make KSP a much more immersive experience.

Now to my problem.  KSP 1.8.1, SSPXR 1.3.0, USI LS 1.3.0.0 (amongst 103 others).  I'm seeing only two MM errors in my Player.log and, at the end of the MM passes, I get the following warning:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:43:28.709] Done patching
[WRN 09:43:28.709] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache
[LOG 09:43:28.817] ModuleManager: 7234 patches applied, found <color=orange>2 errors</color>
2 errors related to GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-USILS.cfg

The two specific errors are:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:43:21.574] Applying update StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-USILS/@PART[sspx-inflatable-hab-25-1]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport] to StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Extendable/extendable-25/sspx-inflatable-hab-25-1.cfg/PART[sspx-inflatable-hab-25-1]
[ERR 09:43:21.575] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key CrewCapacity = #$../MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]/DeployedCrewCapacity$
[LOG 09:43:21.578] Applying update StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-USILS/@PART[sspx-inflatable-hab-25-2]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport] to StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Extendable/extendable-25/sspx-inflatable-hab-25-2.cfg/PART[sspx-inflatable-hab-25-2]
[ERR 09:43:21.578] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key CrewCapacity = #$../MODULE[ModuleDeployableHabitat]/DeployedCrewCapacity$

[LOG 09:43:28.817] Ran in 11.832s
[LOG 09:43:28.869] Done!

My only concern is the inability to create the MM cache, which limits the minimum KSP load time since the cache has to be rebuilt every start.  And, consequently, there is no ModuleManager.cache file to provide or look through.

I don't know enough about MM to determine a cause, but if I were to hazard a guess might it involve the original part not having a CrewCapacity key?

Already report just a few posts above mine.  I'm clearly reading too many threads because I can't keep track of what I've already read.  <sigh>

Edited by Brigadier
Already reported and a work-around is available.