[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 12/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, Cubivore said:

This mod is pretty rad, been using it for stations and for large interplanetary ships. However, I am having a couple issues with where Kerbals are seated in some of the modules. First, with the Bagel inflatable centrifuge:

y9jYMq5.jpg

Second, with the Blimp inflatable habitat:

b1FEVeB.jpg

I deleted the mod and re-installed the latest version, it made no difference. The only other mods I have installed are Stockalike Surface Lights and Planetary Base Systems, neither of which should interfere; just for safety, I removed both when I re-installed this mod just to be sure and the issue is still present. Is anyone else having this problem, or is there weirdness with my specific install?

It looks like some chair props are missing, and in addition, the Kerbals are seated too high or in incorrect orientations. I don't recall seeing this reported before, I'll try to look into it at some point.

Please create a Github issue so it doesn't get lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Clarification question: with TAC Life Support installed, is the Aquaculture module intended to support the Greenhouses? Greenhouses take in Minerals, while Aquaculture outputs Fertilizer. Is there some converter I'm missing that turns Fertilizer -> Minerals?

The mod is chic. Installed it, but ran into a problem. When installing parts from this mod, such as bagels or inflatable rooms, the exposed self-coupler flies in the ship assembly. And when docking to the station, the entire station loses its auto tie, starts hanging out and collapses from a strong buildup. Maybe you came across this. Deleted all other mods did not help. I tried the auto tie in different modes too - it didn’t help.
Is it possible to somehow reach the author of the mod? Thanks. I have a game version 1.8.1. License.

18 hours ago, Yurikus said:

The mod is chic. Installed it, but ran into a problem. When installing parts from this mod, such as bagels or inflatable rooms, the exposed self-coupler flies in the ship assembly. And when docking to the station, the entire station loses its auto tie, starts hanging out and collapses from a strong buildup. Maybe you came across this. Deleted all other mods did not help. I tried the auto tie in different modes too - it didn’t help.
Is it possible to somehow reach the author of the mod? Thanks. I have a game version 1.8.1. License.

Hi @Yurikus! Welcome to the boards!

I am not the mod author, but there are lots of people here that are willing to help you. I'm not entirely sure, based on your written description, what your problem is. I recommend that you link a few screenshots (or even link a short video) to make your issue clear. Also, when asking for help, it is helpful and even expected that you provide links to your logs. Don't just copy and paste them into the forums!

More information on how to get help can be found here:

Again, welcome!

Stockalike Station Parts Redux mod problem.
Game Version 1.8.1
Photo # 1 has Autostrut and Rigid Attachment enabled in the hangar.
https://picua.org/image/ohE2Fh

At the startup table (Photo # 2) Autostrut is off and running. It cannot be enabled.
https://picua.org/image/ohEwVl
When docked with the station, Autostrut shuts off throughout the station.
The station becomes flexible and breaks down.

Also deleting all other mods - did not help.
I am from Ukraine and do not speak English. Please understand.

Edited by Yurikus

Welcome to the forums, and your english is great!

Sounds like it's an autostrut / stablility issue.  This has always been a problem for me building large stations, and looks like something is broken with autostruts in 1.8.1.  ( I'm still running 1.7.3 ).

I have solved unstable stations a couple of ways in the past, first was to manually strut things together ( I would strut everything to the 'root' part ), and try to make sure that I built balanced stations ( IE, just a long station built like a long tube, without fancy bends or junctions ).  I also avoided placing reaction wheels anywhere except the central axis ( or disabling reaction wheels in anything that is docked elsewhere to the station ).  Note that just about any capsule or probe core will contain reaction wheels.

The best way was to use another mod called 'Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next'.  This does something very similar to 'autostrut' but runs automatically in the background so you don't have to manually turn on struts for each part.  Unfortunately, it looks like this is not yet updated to work with 1.8.1 officially ( though some are reporting it working with manual changes ).

@Yurikus This mod doesn't touch anything related to strutting and autostruts. I suspect a KSP problem rather than my mod. I will try to reproduce the issue on my end. Perhaps upload a logfile of the event so I can take a look at that. 

On 1/1/2020 at 9:59 AM, Nertea said:

@Yurikus This mod doesn't touch anything related to strutting and autostruts. I suspect a KSP problem rather than my mod. I will try to reproduce the issue on my end. Perhaps upload a logfile of the event so I can take a look at that. 

Logfile

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dTHteaMSBmqwpzhJz2D2S9XdB8LI_t7U

Vessel: 111222333

Install my mods. CKAN.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UsZwlT_50lYendrd9Oz1tqB03vmUl9X3

Edited by Yurikus

On 1/1/2020 at 9:59 AM, Nertea said:

Can you help solve this problem?

Hi Nertea! I have a question/possible request??

Im making a station with the 3.75 centrifuges(specifically the pilgrim)  and noticed when deployed weighs a bunch more(Over double) than when retracted. Is that intended? and if so, why? It doesn't make much sense to me why a part weighs more once its extended(I would understand increased drag tho). Unless Im looking in the wrong place...I dont see it as a cfg tweakable value. Could it be??

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

Im making a station with the 3.75 centrifuges(specifically the pilgrim)  and noticed when deployed weighs a bunch more(Over double) than when retracted. Is that intended? and if so, why? It doesn't make much sense to me why a part weighs more once its extended(I would understand increased drag tho). Unless Im looking in the wrong place...I dont see it as a cfg tweakable value. Could it be??

Thank you!

What other mods do you have?

3 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Thank you!

If memory serves correctly, if you use MKS or Ground Construction, the habitats need MaterialKits to be deployed, which represents kitting out the modules with all the bits to make them habitable (coffee machines, french presses, espresso percolators, etc). When you execute this function the MaterialKits are consumed and their mass is moved into the module itself. You may be seeing that. 

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

If memory serves correctly, if you use MKS or Ground Construction, the habitats need MaterialKits to be deployed, which represents kitting out the modules with all the bits to make them habitable (coffee machines, french presses, espresso percolators, etc). When you execute this function the MaterialKits are consumed and their mass is moved into the module itself. You may be seeing that. 

HA! I do have GC installed, not MKS so all i need to deploy is engineers. I would want to assume the precious espresso machine is already there...just duct taped to the table really...really...really...good:sticktongue:. That makes sense putting the material kit requirement into play. I forgot about those

On 1/8/2020 at 7:52 PM, Nertea said:

I was unable to reproduce any random disassembly/flexibility issues regarding the inflatable parts in tests

It’s a pity that you didn’t succeed. I tried on the original version of the game 1.8.1. Of the mods, I installed only this Stocklike Station. In the hangar, I install a solid connection and an automatic coupler on inflatable parts from the mod. And when I scramble to the launch pad, the automatic coupler is disabled and not active. Subsequently, in space, the entire station becomes flexible.

@Yurikus, I'm also experiencing the same issue as you regarding the centrifuges (which is what I hope you meant with "inflatable parts"). Since I'm also using the QuantumStruts mod, I was able to work around the issue by using QuantumStruts where appropriate.

@Nertea, I opened issue#215, provided the details how to recreate the issue, and attached the logs there (https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/issues/215).

For me, the issue is minor since I'm already using QuantumStruts for other reasons.

4 hours ago, bcqJC said:

@Yurikus, I'm also experiencing the same issue as you regarding the centrifuges (which is what I hope you meant with "inflatable parts"). Since I'm also using the QuantumStruts mod, I was able to work around the issue by using QuantumStruts where appropriate.

@Nertea, I opened issue#215, provided the details how to recreate the issue, and attached the logs there (https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/StationPartsExpansionRedux/issues/215).

For me, the issue is minor since I'm already using QuantumStruts for other reasons.

Yeah I'll look further into it, but so far I still can't reproduce it (details in the ticket).

The only thing I'm tracking that looks problematic is that both you and @Yurikus have the BG expansion and I don't at the moment. If either of you are willing to see if you still have this issue without BG installed that would be very helpful. 

-edit: ignore everything I just said, I figured out what is causing it. 

However fixing it is going to be very involved as the code that's causing the issues is the code I use to tell the game to recreate the IVA portraits.

Edited by Nertea

8 hours ago, Nertea said:

Yeah I'll look further into it, but so far I still can't reproduce it (details in the ticket).

The only thing I'm tracking that looks problematic is that both you and @Yurikus have the BG expansion and I don't at the moment. If either of you are willing to see if you still have this issue without BG installed that would be very helpful. 

-edit: ignore everything I just said, I figured out what is causing it. 

However fixing it is going to be very involved as the code that's causing the issues is the code I use to tell the game to recreate the IVA portraits.

I hope you can fix it. Wish you luck. Thank you for your work.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know about the rest of the players using this but I think having all the expandable parts making the vesseltype a station is annoying. The reason I hate it is a problem with ksp. When I set a vessel to be a ship and then dock undock something it becomes a station again since there are expandable habitats on it. Its great for the station cores but not for the centrifuges and habitat modules in my oppinion atleast. Personally I remove the line from the config but thought I should mention it for feedback. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have just used Stockalike Station Parts for the first time in my 1600+hrs and it was a spiritual moment. I went IVA when launching the core up and when the shroud came off and that sunlight came beaming through and then lighting everything up, and the shadows! I mean for Kerbness sake, it was beautiful, not cramped, soo immersive :) how can I buy you a beer/coffee? 

Hello!  I really like your mod, but I have a strange problem.  I installed everything correctly (please tell me how and where to install the Extras folder ??), but when it appears, it still gives this.  What to do?  I will not be able to attach the game log soon, now only this screenshot is at hand.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1d6_5WTJuEnVP-HLzovn5YvGTeSW0Dx5g

2 hours ago, Javelius said:

Hello!  I really like your mod, but I have a strange problem.  I installed everything correctly (please tell me how and where to install the Extras folder ??), but when it appears, it still gives this.  What to do?  I will not be able to attach the game log soon, now only this screenshot is at hand.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1d6_5WTJuEnVP-HLzovn5YvGTeSW0Dx5g

The content of the extras folder can go in your GameData, not the extras folder itself. That should fix the problem.