Issues with HOTAS controls setup

So, some time after christmas, i used my money to buy a Thrustmaster T.16000 FCS system to get into flight sims and try it out on ksp and war thunder. Everything works on the stick and throttle, but I just can't seem to get the controls right for ksp. I cannot properly bind the action keys to the buttons (i try and bind action 1 to the trigger, but nothing happens to it. binding the other action keys (gear, SAS, RCS, lights, etc.) works just fine.) Also, while i fixed the stupid reversed throttle problem, i do not have exact control over it. There is heavy precision and slowness at the extreme ends of the throttle (max and cut), but absolutely no control over mid. It just speeds past. This makes it very hard to have precision over the throttle in flight, which is the only thing stopping me from attempting a powered rocket landing with the stick.

Does anyone know of a good solution to this problem? is it just a problem only I am experiencing? I'm loving the precision of having a flight stick, but i just cannot play without having all of my action groups or a good throttle.

It sounds like you have modified the Sensitivity of your throttle axis which applies a curve to your input

Try the default value of 0.84, that should be linear

If you can't bind any action on your trigger in KSP you can try circumventing this with Thrustmaster's T.A.R.G.E.T. software, a tool for scripting and customizing your joystick. You can get it from their website

Try binding a key to the trigger in TARGET, and then set that key as Action Group 1 in KSP

• 3 months later...

I found TARGET almost unusable, as it messed up the axis mapping when used with KSP. 

I managed to get my thrustmaster 16000 working in the end, by not using the trustmaster software and using the axes 'vanilla' just using the basic driver.

I then mapped the buttons using JoyToKey which interprets the joystick buttons and allows them to be assigned to key-presses.

While it's not as good as the potential for customisation that TARGET allows, it is at least a usable workaround.

On 5/16/2018 at 12:32 PM, bunjatec said:

I found TARGET almost unusable, as it messed up the axis mapping when used with KSP. 

I managed to get my thrustmaster 16000 working in the end, by not using the trustmaster software and using the axes 'vanilla' just using the basic driver.

I then mapped the buttons using JoyToKey which interprets the joystick buttons and allows them to be assigned to key-presses.

While it's not as good as the potential for customisation that TARGET allows, it is at least a usable workaround.

i've already got the problem fixed. kinda did what you did, though i honestly can't remember

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.