So I’m not necessarily asking for a release date, but considering the past console port, lack of support and transparency, I have to ask: Will it be days, weeks, months or years before we finally get a fully working product? I love you guys and I think I can speak for most of us console players when I say that you guys sincerely broke our hearts and threw it in a blender when you gave us that first tease of a port and then left it for dead. I absolutely adore KSP and it’s torture not knowing when I can play the game without worrying if it’s all going to be for nothing. With all that being said, when can the hype train for the big patch leave the station? :blush:

Edited by Homedawgian

Considering how long the game has been tested and that these bugs are easy to find out, Im really afraid they were known bugs. And if fixing them would take 1 month, they would just pospone the release date to february.

So Im little bit afraid, that fixing these bugs is not so easy. (the estimation to fix them is so long, that they rather released the game as it is). So it may take a while before the patch is out.

6 hours ago, Agarwel said:

Considering how long the game has been tested and that these bugs are easy to find out, Im really afraid they were known bugs. And if fixing them would take 1 month, they would just pospone the release date to february.

So Im little bit afraid, that fixing these bugs is not so easy. (the estimation to fix them is so long, that they rather released the game as it is). So it may take a while before the patch is out.

You know, I never thought of it that way. As terrifying as that prospect is, I think that’s good logic, sadly. I hope it’s not the case but it might be ;.;

If I can give them some small advice regarding keeping community happy, I believe it would do wonders to just release even some "placebo" updates. If they release one or two updates each wekk and fix only small details, it would give them better repution than ignoring the community for another two months. :-D

11 hours ago, Agarwel said:

If I can give them some small advice regarding keeping community happy, I believe it would do wonders to just release even some "placebo" updates. If they release one or two updates each wekk and fix only small details, it would give them better repution than ignoring the community for another two months. :-D

If memory serves the issue with that is the certification process via MS & Sony, likely not helped by going back and forth as they are not the ones actually writing the code.

A list of what was "known" at the time of release and the plan for it would be good, stuff thats in 1.2.2 but not in 1.3 - with a note that thats due to be fixed when 1.3 is rolled out is actually fine - then a focus on the control issues

20 hours ago, Leopard said:

If memory serves the issue with that is the certification process via MS & Sony, likely not helped by going back and forth as they are not the ones actually writing the code.

A list of what was "known" at the time of release and the plan for it would be good, stuff thats in 1.2.2 but not in 1.3 - with a note that thats due to be fixed when 1.3 is rolled out is actually fine - then a focus on the control issues

Once the game is certified you can pump out updates on ps4 not so much for xbox. Trying remain calm. Waiting for this weeks KSP weekly.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

On 2. 2. 2018 at 4:02 PM, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Once the game is certified you can pump out updates on ps4 not so much for xbox. Trying remain calm. Waiting for this weeks KSP weekly.

Unfortunatelly nothing in the weekly :-( "We are wroking on it and something will be fixed somewhen." But no real info what they managed to fix and when is the patch comming. Will it be this week? Month? Will the game be playable with this patch or is this fixing it partialy? Who knows... why should you tell your customer, right?

I still remember No Mans Sky that was released in buggy state ... but it had 2-3 patches each week. (I believe they managed to release 13 patches in two months? )And you could see the game improving under your hands. That is a post-release support everybody should take example from. Mistakes happens. But there are still ways how to make customer happy. And there are ways how to make the situation worse... For some reason Squad is still taking the second path :-(

On 1/30/2018 at 11:20 AM, Homedawgian said:

So I’m not necessarily asking for a release date, but considering the past console port, lack of support and transparency, I have to ask: Will it be days, weeks, months or years before we finally get a fully working product? I love you guys and I think I can speak for most of us console players when I say that you guys sincerely broke our hearts and threw it in a blender when you gave us that first tease of a port and then left it for dead. I absolutely adore KSP and it’s torture not knowing when I can play the game without worrying if it’s all going to be for nothing. With all that being said, when can the hype train for the big patch leave the station? :blush:

I'm guessing in a month or two.

on past performance...

We will get a patch thats claimed to address a few issues, but only really fixes one of them, and then only most of the time, this will arrive in a few months so don't hold your breath.

then if you are lucky in 18 months we will get a further big release, maybe 1.3 about the time the PC is on 1.5.., this will break a whole range of further things and leave you wondering if/how it was tested

13 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

I'm guessing in a month or two.

I'm thinking they'll probably collect as much feedback on game-play, control layout issues,  and suggestions for Mods/DLC, as well as all the bug reports they can get before making a lot of decisions.

Likely a few months before many decisions are made at all.

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is a vast improvement, I'm enjoying it greatly.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:25 PM, GrouchyDevotee said:

I'm thinking they'll probably collect as much feedback on game-play, control layout issues,  and suggestions for Mods/DLC, as well as all the bug reports they can get before making a lot of decisions.

Likely a few months before many decisions are made at all.

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is a vast improvement, I'm enjoying it greatly.

(Some people think otherwise [snip]

Edited by Vanamonde
Please don't make discussions personal.

2 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

???? I think it's great!

Each to thier own I guess.

prefered a game where the controls failed less often and the actual functions were there

prefered usually playable but flaky over stuff simply not working in the first place in a game with memory loss issues

On 1/31/2018 at 12:59 AM, Agarwel said:

This isn't necessarily true. As a Software Engineer, I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if they were aware of at least some of these bugs, but had a release date to meet. KSP Enhanced took so long to release, I bet what happened was that Squad/Take-Two Upper Management Set a date and forced the devs to meet it. I guarantee you they (the devs) weren't happy about that and knew that it wasn't ready to be released yet. But because it had already been delayed over and over,  Management said something to the effect of "OK. When is the soonest we can release this, even with bugs?" So the devs squashed the high priority bugs and had no choice but to leave the rest.

25 minutes ago, RecursivelyRecursive said:

This isn't necessarily true. As a Software Engineer, I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if they were aware of at least some of these bugs, but had a release date to meet. KSP Enhanced took so long to release, I bet what happened was that Squad/Take-Two Upper Management Set a date and forced the devs to meet it. I guarantee you they (the devs) weren't happy about that and knew that it wasn't ready to be released yet. But because it had already been delayed over and over,  Management said something to the effect of "OK. When is the soonest we can release this, even with bugs?" So the devs squashed the high priority bugs and had no choice but to leave the rest.

Also, before when it was originally released squad either would miss their deadline to release KSP on XBOX 1 or PS4 but have better quality, or have a game with lots of bugs but meet their deadline. Either way, it would look bad for squad. (also i really agree with what you said.

15 hours ago, RecursivelyRecursive said:

That is basically what Im saying. But lets not forget, that release date was announced really on the last moment. (not liek iwth the AAA titles where they anounce it 6 months in advance and then have to meet the deadline). So it was possible to move without real dealy. And Squad knew the reputation is on the line. (one rusher release is out)

So I believe that if in decemebr they knew that January release = broken game, but february release = fixed and patched game, they would go for februray to release the working versions.

But because they knew fixing the known bug will take longer, they forced to release the game anyway instead waiting another x month. And this makes me worry, that release the updates will not be fast and it may take another few months until the game is really working.

On 09/02/2018 at 7:17 PM, Leopard said:

try buying an upgrade in R&D...

I've honestly had no issues with career mode so far. Been on a return trip to Duna and Eve, and almost unlocked the full tech tree.

Personally it's just lack of physics warp and precision mode for setting up manoeuvres  thats annoying me at the moment.  I have had the game not allowing saving /returning to space center bug though. But it seems to load up your last save ok when restarted.

It' really strange that some people are having real issue with career, and others like myself are having a blast with new port.

Also I'm on xbox. Don't know if other people on xbox have had the same issue with r&d or if it's maybe a bug specific to ps4

Edited by mikey117

Try pressing B for more details about an upgrade

ohh that closed the window...

or paying credits to unlock parts

ohh that doesn’t work either

or expecting to accept a contract and not have it vanish, along with any others outstanding

among many other problems in this bug ridden, badly tested pile of zeros and ones

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.