Well, I've been gone for a while (since the game came out), and my initial assessment of Enhanced Edition isn't good. I was hoping that all those "bug reports" in all those weeklies meant that we'd be getting a great game with some obscure bugs for throwing an asteroid at a space station while it's re-entering the atmosphere of Jool, but no, it's nowhere like that. 

It honestly seems like we've gotten bugs that even a 12 year old could find in one day. How any of these passed the QA team is beyond comprehension, and I honestly think that I could do a better job debugging than any of these guys. 

Here's just a short list of the bugs I've encountered.

1) The trim is on the same key binding as throttling up and retracting your gear with aircraft, which can send you into the ground. 

2) Trying to rotate parts in 5 degree increments left will undo your last action. 

3) You can lock yourself out of staging unknowingly, which is disastrous during reentry or with one shot maneuvers. 

4) The framerate will periodically drop to 0 for a second or two while in flight. 

5) Controls will completely lock out without warning, forcing you to reset your game. 

6) Pressing B on parts to bring up a menu won't work, rendering Science instruments useless 

There's a LOT more that I can post, but most everyone has already done that. But these are the most egregious in my opinion. 

Edited by LegendaryAce

No one has noticed my post so i will mention it here too. I have been speaking to people, some who have been experiencing game breaking bugs and some who don't know what all the fuss is about. Now I only spoke to 2 people who had no big issues with bugs and both of those people didnt have advanced tweakables on. when i asked them to turn on advanced tweakables they started getting bugs. This may be the stem of the issue. thoughts?

1 hour ago, LegendaryAce said:

Well, I've been gone for a while (since the game came out), and my initial assessment of Enhanced Edition isn't good. I was hoping that all those "bug reports" in all those weeklies meant that we'd be getting a great game with some obscure bugs for throwing an asteroid at a space station while it's re-entering the atmosphere of Jool, but no, it's nowhere like that. 

It honestly seems like we've gotten bugs that even a 12 year old could find in one day. How any of these passed the QA team is beyond comprehension, and I honestly think that I could do a better job debugging than any of these guys. 

Here's just a short list of the bugs I've encountered.

1) The trim is on the same key binding as throttling up and retracting your gear with aircraft, which can send you into the ground. 

2) Trying to rotate parts in 5 degree increments left will undo your last action. 

3) You can lock yourself out of staging unknowingly, which is disastrous during reentry or with one shot maneuvers. 

4) The framerate will periodically drop to 0 for a second or two while in flight. 

5) Controls will completely lock out without warning, forcing you to reset your game. 

6) Pressing B on parts to bring up a menu won't work, rendering Science instruments useless 

There's a LOT more that I can post, but most everyone has already done that. But these are the most egregious in my opinion. 

Try warping at top speed for a bit, then try to save or return to the space center. Or switch ships and the controls stop working. Or press the recover button during a mission.

Seems part of the gameplay is to try play whilst avoiding game braking bugs. 

On 15/02/2018 at 12:14 PM, Agarwel said:

Are there any news regarding the update?

Two weeks ago it was "comming soon". I guess nobody know how "soon" should we expect it?

the re-release should have been a little over a year ago according to the initial release date

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.