Mid-mission Save Bug (Xbox)

Haven’t been able to identify the exact source of this bug or reproduce it when wanted but it is game breaking either way (was also present in the original Xbox release). After an extended period of time playing (varies between as short as 15 minutes to as long as an hour or two) the game can no longer be saved and clicking on either the Tracking Station or Space Centre doesn’t work. Vessels cannot be recovered or switched to. This often results in hours of work being lost.

Can’t completely confirm that this is tied to the bug but it seems to occur shortly after an autosave.

Wanted to test the auto save relationship with the bug but there is no option to turn off autosave. Just. Why?

Best work around I’ve managed to find is saving the game after EVERY manoeuvre but this still doesn’t always work but does ensure not as much progress is lost each time the bug kicks in.

I'm having a similar issue. Pinpointed it to a contract completion. Sean's cannery satellite contract (small vessel), below munar orbit: saves, loads, and navigates through all menus until mission parameters are met. As soon as I fix a 1° inclination to meet contract parameters, no recovery, save, or navigation options available. 

On a side note- I've encountered another bug where kerbals on Eva are loaded 5,000m above where they were last positioned (switch to from vessel-TS-kerbal).

Should have named it KSP "Unfinished".

Edit: I've also encountered the issue during a mission (not contract) to minimus, so I cannot pinpoint the bug to contract completion.

And, no, I don't have time to debug this game in the bug tracker. That's why I (and thousands of others) paid a developer to do it. Because I'm not a game developer! I'm a player who wants to spend his limited time playing, not working for free!

Edited by Joessep Kerman
Updated info

sounds like something, somehow, is linking a couple of game parameters to I guess an internal structure the game needs to save - and likely to avoid save "corruption" there is a check operation prior to the actual save which is then failing - so you can't save - game sees you haven't saved so keeps you where you are.

That or the GUI code is hopelessly intertwined with the game logic code, but only a fool would even attempt that

On 1/31/2018 at 11:18 AM, Joessep Kerman said:

Pinpointed it to a contract completion.

I'm going to retract this statement. I can't pinpoint it to contract completion. I've just encountered the same problem with a manned mission (not even a contract) to minimus.

sounds identical to the last port having the same issue, was "ok" if you avoided using any time warp, but touch that control and you're playing russian roulette with an automatic.

tends to suggest it may be something in the way Unity is handled by consoles, or the way the time warp is managed by the core code relies on a bug somewhere to work right.

Consoles tend to be a lot less fault tolerant and more locked down securely, if this is something like an unrelated pointer or whatever as the game changes from physics on to physics off and back leaving a memory structure corrupt or incomplete then the game tries to save, fails and drops you back where you were - rinse and repeat

Edited by Leopard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.