[WIP] Saru Planet Pack

tygoo7

lw6Z8WZ.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there!

This Mod aims to add a stockalike Saturn analogue to the Kerbol System along with some moons.

Saru is located between Jool and Dres at the moment, if anyone has a better idea of a placement let me know.

If anyone has suggestions for new moon ideas or minor changes let me know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER:

I am mainly making this mod for fun and because I want these types of planets in my save.

I am a complete noob when it comes to planet modding so it may be a while until I am able to get a stable version available for release.

Current Planets/Moons:

Saru

Spoiler

4LqtSuQ.png

Plez

Spoiler

4AMnLb0.png

Durgen

Spoiler

OTrZP38.png

Hypo

Spoiler

TPalvrN.png

Edited by tygoo7

14 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

So no Kopernicus/Scatterer/EVE/SVE/SVT dependencies?? :o
So an actual kewl planet pack for those of us stuck with potato computers??

AWESOMESAUCE!!!! :D

It requires Kopernicus and Saru/Durgen are designed around the use of scatterer, but it will still be able to work without scatterer. It just won't look as cool. I'm also going to add EVE support once I get the ground level stuff done.

14 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

It requires Kopernicus and Saru/Durgen are designed around the use of scatterer, but it will still be able to work without scatterer. It just won't look as cool. I'm also going to add EVE support once I get the ground level stuff done.

kopernicus i can handle as a dependency... Cant do the others tho...
Still, very kewl to support all the viz mods as recommended, but not have to have them as dependencies... :thumbs_up:

Small little update on the progress.

Work is going well, the planets are coming along nicely and release might happen in the following weekend if all goes well.

Some things I have yet to do:

• Biomes. I already made some maps, but they aren't good, so I'm going to make decent ones.
  • Properties balancing. Things like gravity, orbit, radius, etc. These are practically done, it's just minor tweaking.
  • Atmosphere balancing. Saru and Durgen both need some minor balancing in the atmosphere physics.
  • Terrain Scatters. Not custom made yet, but just adding some scatters to planets since they are barren as of now, except Hypo.
  • Scatterer and EVE integration. Most of the configs are made but not completed yet.
  • Science definitions. Not sure if I'll do these yet before release, probably after release.
  • Just some other balancing issues that will probably pop up in the next few days...

Have some pics!

https://imgur.com/a/p6Wou

Edited by tygoo7

• 3 months later...
On 2/1/2018 at 1:39 AM, tygoo7 said:

Saru is located between Jool and Dres at the moment, if anyone has a better idea of a placement let me know.

IMHO Sary should be between Jool and Eeloo, as "our" Saturn is located somewhat this way. A proportional orbit would be a good idea, so eventually a Kerbol equivalent for Uranus and Neptune would convive with Saru.

800px-Planets2008.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 11:55 AM, cwongmath said:

Is this planet pack ever going to be released in a playable version?

Unlikely to be honest. I lost the original files so I would basically have to recreate this mod from scratch which I just don't have time to do at the moment. 

37 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

Unlikely to be honest. I lost the original files so I would basically have to recreate this mod from scratch which I just don't have time to do at the moment. 

Rest in Space

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.