Ok! So I've been inactive for a few months, and wanted to come back with something cool, like a challenge. I was at first going to reboot a challenge, but I thought:'Screw that! I'mma make people do stupid stuff of my OWN design! The result is this:

The

BTCOTKSCII

Challenge.

The Challenge: Build a rover. Or a plane. Or anything that goes in the atmosphere and can blow something up. By something, I meant KSC II. 

To complete this challenge, you must build a thing that travels IN ATMOSPHERE that can deliver a payload and shoot it, launch it, ram it, or drop it onto the KSC II from the KSC.

RULES:

-Only mod allowed is BDAc, for Payload purposes.. I'll make exceptions if I deem it fair and it isn't OP(Judged by me, like no hyperedit to get to KSCII)

-Craft must stay IN ATMOSPHERE. No sub-orbital dive bombers. The payload must stay in atmosphere too.

-You are allowed to set up a Target on the KSCII so you have something to destroy

-This challenge is based on skill, so just try to factor that in when designing weapon systems.  Four Hundred Part carpet bombers with something like 300 Mk. 82's aren't banned, but it doesn't seem to take a lot of skill to hit something with that many bombs. Unless it is so monsterously huge and rediculous (Like Danny, or Xacktar style) that it makes me burst out laughing, because Michael Bay.

Point Scoring:

Each Mk82 Bomb is one point.

6-10 bombs: light vehicle

11-30: medium vehicle

31-50- Heavy

50+: Hyper Heavy Vehicle.

Each 1000 Lb. Bomb is 2 points.

3-6 bombs: light vehicle

7- 14: medium vehicle

15-20: Heavy

21+: Hyper Heavy Vehicle

Bonus POINTS!

Maintenance Costs: -0.1 points per each point

Nuclear Maintenance:-5 points per each nuclear engine.

High Tech Maintenance: -0.5 points per panther, -1 point per whiplash

So You Think You Can Stealth?: +10 points if it can generally be argued to have a stealthy design

Inspired/ if it ain't broke, don't fix it: +10 if it used a b-52 like swept wing configuration

You need to get outside more:+500 points if your machine can deliver 200+ 1000lb bombs to the target.

Gotta Go FASTA: +0.2 Points for every M/Sec above 160 at 3000 Meters

Light Leaderboard:

Medium Leaderboard:

Heavy Leaderboard:

HH Leaderboard:

NOTE: Subscriptions are preferred in video form, but in the event that cannot be managed, several screenshots at take off, Midway to KSCII, and releasing the payload will work. BTCOTKSCII stands for Blow the Crap outta the KSCII.

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is that this essentially incentivizes only using gigantic strategic bombers.

(Or at least ones with a >200000 lb payload capacity)

And let's not forget that that's really not hard to do. A little 8000 lb electric prop fighter with one engine can lift 10000 lbs of bombs on external mounts and still takeoff, fly, climb, and maneuver INDEFINITELY.

Making something that can lift 20 times more bombs than a single engine prop plane shouldn't be hard.

Edited by Pds314

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2018 at 5:15 AM, Pds314 said:

The problem is that this essentially incentivizes only using gigantic strategic bombers.

(Or at least ones with a >200000 lb payload capacity)

And let's not forget that that's really not hard to do. A little 8000 lb electric prop fighter with one engine can lift 10000 lbs of bombs on external mounts and still takeoff, fly, climb, and maneuver INDEFINITELY.

Making something that can lift 20 times more bombs than a single engine prop plane shouldn't be hard.

It wouldn't be hard, but I'm my personal opinion, it's fun. Who dosen't like over- engineering a bomber that can carry enough filuel to release a gigaton of energy in the form of quick combustion?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.