Changing default part scale

NFunky

Any way to use TweakScale or some other mod to make all parts 2x as large?  I'm using RSS, and I'd like to cut down on part cound, plus start making rockets that have more realistic dimensions.  I started messing with TweakScale and it does exactly that, but I have to set it every time, for every new part I add and it's getting tedious.

Is there a way, either using TweakScale or something else, to scale up all the parts by default?  I'd love to bring out a Mk1 Pod and have it already be 2.5m diameter, with all the relevant specs scaled up to match.

31 minutes ago, NFunky said:

Is there a way, either using TweakScale or something else, to scale up all the parts by default?  I'd love to bring out a Mk1 Pod and have it already be 2.5m diameter, with all the relevant specs scaled up to match.

You could achieve that with MM patch

I'm not quite sure I understand.  Makes sense to use an MM config, but I'm no programmer, and have only recently started messing around with the cfg files.  Would it be an easy file to write?  And could someone walk me through it?

Thank you!

9 hours ago, NFunky said:

I'm not quite sure I understand.  Makes sense to use an MM config, but I'm no programmer, and have only recently started messing around with the cfg files.  Would it be an easy file to write?  And could someone walk me through it?

Thank you!

Basically you need to multiply everything by 2.Just read in MM thread how to use syntax.

@PART[mk1pod]:FINAL
{
@rescaleFactor *= 2
@mass *= 2

@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
 {
  @amount *= 2
  @maxAmount *= 2
 }
}

You can edit patch for a single part,for a group of parts or all parts.Start with top value and continue to last.

You could also ask in MM thread directly,there are many experienced people or maybe check this if will suit your needs:

Edited by sebi.zzr

Thank you so much!  I think I get it now.  If I want to rescale all stack mounted parts, could I do something like

@PART[*]:HAS[node_stack_top]:FINAL

Is this correct?  I am just guessing on the stack part.

One other thing, do you know where I can find a list of all vessel parameters so I don't forget to rescale any?  For instance, I forgot about breakingTorque until I looked at a part file.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, NFunky said:

Is this correct?  I am just guessing on the stack part.

@PART[*]:HAS[#node_stack_*]:FINAL

1 hour ago, NFunky said:

One other thing, do you know where I can find a list of all vessel parameters so I don't forget to rescale any?  For instance, I forgot about breakingTorque until I looked at a part file.

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_part.html look at Public Attributes

Edited by sebi.zzr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.