KSP Weekly: A Shuttle to Remember

SQUAD

Loving the new suits!!!

2 hours ago, SQUAD said:

This feature will also work for tidally locked bodies, such as Mun, where its rotation period encompasses a full orbit around Kerbin (6.43 days, or 1 Kerbin Month).

2 hours ago, Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut said:

Wait, so Kerbin have about 66 ~ 67 months?

2 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

That's correct :confused:

Seriously???  So a Kerbin month is one full orbit of the Mun? I just want to be specific for writing purposes...

9 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Although I can understand  your general disgruntledness, your means of communication will do little more than getting your posts deleted.

What else works around this forum? Obviously not being nice? Squad doesn't have the know how to port this thing. Year and a half, facts are facts. Ksp weekly is a slap in the face to their console consumers. I would be apologizing in an epic way if I was them. How many more years do you need squad? Let us know and we can standby and wait for your next port.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

9 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I can tell you I guess at least this tidbit - there is no change to how assets are loaded in the game.

That is really really saddening to hear. The insane prices for RAM right now are preventing people from buying more. Thus it continues to limit the amount of mods they can install.

However, thank you for ending speculation about it. Better to know now rather than get hyped up for a feature that does not exist.

Squad staff editing my comments and giving me warnings, I have never cursed, they just hate negative comments (especially the moderators). I guess freedom of speech doesn't exist in a corporate market. Don't act like the console port has some minor bugs. Acknowledge your faults and talk real with us.

13 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Squad staff editing my comments and giving me warnings, I have never cursed, they just hate negative comments (especially the moderators). I guess freedom of speech doesn't exist in a corporate market. Don't act like the console port has some minor bugs. Acknowledge your faults and talk real with us.

We are reading your comments and we care about them, we’re just asking you to respect the forum rules. Thank you 

3 hours ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Moderators are not Squad staff. We are forum members ourselves, given authority to keep the forum polite. Whatever your feelings about Squad, you agreed to follow the forum rules when you joined here, and we will enforce those rules. And no, you do not have freedom of speech here. The First Amendment forbids the American government from limiting your political speech. We are not the government and Squad is not based in the US anyway. 

Express yourself politely here or do not come here. 

13 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

I would be apologizing in an epic way if I was them.

I would have too.  Not sure if there ever was an official one.  There probably was.  ...and calling the new version "Enhanced Edition" never felt right to me.  Truthfully, on the outside looking in, the console port has been a mess.  It certainly hasn't done well for Squad's reputation.  I don't know what to tell you, other than vote with your all mighty dollar.  Don't blindly purchase the next Squad product, just as you should never blindly purchase any product.  If you don't agree with a companies practices, don't buy their product.  That's all we can really do as consumers.

[snip]

26 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I would have too.  Not sure if there ever was an official one.  There probably was.  ...and calling the new version "Enhanced Edition" never felt right to me.  Truthfully, on the outside looking in, the console port has been a mess.  It certainly hasn't done well for Squad's reputation.  I don't know what to tell you, other than vote with your all mighty dollar.  Don't blindly purchase the next Squad product, just as you should never blindly purchase any product.  If you don't agree with a companies practices, don't buy their product.  That's all we can really do as consumers.

Bought it a year and half ago, no choice now.

16 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

But corporations are scared to admit they screwed up.

Corporation??? Surely you don't mean @SQUAD???

I don't think they have more than 2 dozen employees total! 

16 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Don't come at fans with this vague [snip] and pat me on the head and send me on my way. 

And I am a fan... a huge one... been so for many years now.

Standby... Complete!

Members be advised: This thread has been edited and cleaned up in order to be in line with our Community Guidelines

I ask that discussion remain on topic, do not call out other users, do not skirt language filters, do not berate or engage in personal attacks against other members. Present your arguments in a polite and well-thought-out manner. Continued violations will result in moderator action.

28 minutes ago, TheKosmonaut said:

Standby... Complete!

Members be advised: This thread has been edited and cleaned up in order to be in line with our Community Guidelines

I ask that discussion remain on topic, do not call out other users, do not skirt language filters, do not berate or engage in personal attacks against other members. Present your arguments in a polite and well-thought-out manner. Continued violations will result in moderator action.

Are we allowed to complain about  the console port?

2 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

If you don't agree with a companies practices, don't buy their product.  That's all we can really do as consumers.

Ok. Now your out of touch. I bought this game hearing great things. I played it for hours. Countless hours. Then I lost it all to save corruption and a faulty unfinished game. If I had known, I never would have bought it.

Fast forward a year... we get what, 2 weeks notice that there is a new release? And we're told it's all fixed. I didn't buy it. I listened to "mods" and political vultures who decided that it was OK to let consumers play an unfinished game. What does that get us?  Wasted time and frustration. On top of that, the best response we get is "do bug reporting for us and we'll patch you up in no time..." (read as: do the work we didn't, and thank us for it)

I never got a chance to fight with my dollar. I did lose weeks worth of relax time investment because some "sweet talker" lied to me.

And you're upset about cursing. 

So, I see here that community policy is: it's OK to disrespect paying consumers, not OK to curse. Priorities, right?

Tell me... what recourse do I have to get that time back? I LOST OPPORTUNITY COST BECAUSE OF POLICY AND POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES. I'm entitled to a refund? 

If I get a refund, I basically paid Microsoft/Squad, whoever, to copulate my off time without remorse.

7 minutes ago, Joessep Kerman said:

Tell me... what recourse do I have to get that time back?

None. Hence the sentiment you were replying to:

2 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

I don't know what to tell you, other than vote with your all mighty dollar.  Don't blindly purchase the next Squad product, just as you should never blindly purchase any product.  If you don't agree with a companies practices, don't buy their product.  That's all we can really do as consumers.

3 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Although I can understand  your general disgruntledness, your means of communication will do little more than getting your posts deleted.

All we got was broken promises and lies. Disgruntled doesn't explain the loogie in my mouth that I'm ready to spit at someone's feet.

Disgruntled doesn't quite express the emotion of complete helplessness and grief of losing that much time (because bugs don't show up regularly until later in the science tree when missions become more complex and time consuming).

Disgruntled doesn't quite express the disillusionment I've experienced in learning that there are no real protections for me as a consumer. I am legally entitled to a refund, but nobody is giving me back my time, making up for other damages, or taking a serious effort to fix the situation. What does serious effort look like? A thread dedicated to show console gamers what's being worked on and when projects can be expected to be completed. If you tell me there's no time for someone to do that I'll reach right through this screen and pour my coffee on your keyboard.

The biggest news is brown spacesuits and language support (so Squad can go take a dump on players in every corner of the world before fixing a broken game).

Know how I know the developers don't have their priorities straight? Because they've admitted that they have been busy- just not busy taking care of game breaking bugs.

24 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

None. Hence the sentiment you were replying to:

I'm sorry, did you have a point? My point is that there is rage because we've been disrespected, and we're told that our response is not respectful... still don't get it?

Edited by Joessep Kerman
I realize you don't understand... if there is no way for me to find restitution with my $, I'm going to raise hell until I'm satisfied that Squad lives up to their promises or until I've convinced every upcoming consumer that this game is unplayable.

16 minutes ago, Joessep Kerman said:

I'm sorry, did you have a point?

Yes. The point is that no matter how much you complain, all you can really do is not give SQUAD your money again. Which seems to be quite warranted by your experiences. You seemed to have missed that point in the post you were originally responded to, which was written by a user who is pretty strongly supportive of console users.

16 minutes ago, Joessep Kerman said:

My point is that there is rage because we've been disrespected, and we're told that our response is not respectful... still don't get it?

Oh, you're still on about the moderators. All I can tell you is the rules here have been what they are for many years, and they've been enforced consistently for a long time as well. They're not going to suddenly get rid of the rules or stop enforcing them just because someone new is mad about bugs.

1 hour ago, Jimmidii said:

Around 75 new parts... I don't think we've seen most of those yet have we?

The new decouplers and stack splitters will be a fair chunk of that number I guess, plus the historical analogues.

I wonder what's in there that we haven't seen yet.

I'm pretty sure we have shown most of them already :)  I'll see if I can sneak in some more pics for next week...

RK-7 'Kodiak’

Like the "Russian Bear". I like it. :)

(Inb4 the users that will critique this comment, I know Kodiak Brown Bears are native to Alaska, but Alaska was Russian territory before it was American.  I was referencing the common association of the bear with Soviet/Russian references)

8 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

So how do they get their big heads through that little collar?

The collar could be a multiple pieces? That could be possible. The real question is how to they get their big heads into those helmets? I don't see any seams where they can split.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.