KSP Enhanced Edition Advanced Controls?

What are the more advanced controls for the new KSP console port, specifically for the VAB and SPH? On the PC and old console port there were buttons to disable surface attachment so your structures only stuck to the green snap points and also when using the "Move" tool you could choose whether the object moved on the worlds xyz axis or the objects itself. Were these functions completely removed from the game, they've never appeared in any of the in game tutorials. 

Edited by Your_Pegasus

There is a general lack of buttons on a console controller to map everything. But there are 3 presets, and you can switch back and forth at any time, and between them I think you should have access to everything. In the Controls App, look for "Force Node Attachment" -- that should cover your first question. I think it's mapped in the Cursor preset at the very least, and it might also be in Radial.

For the second, I'm not sure if you're talking about Absolute vs. Relative placement/rotation modes? If so, in Cursor preset at least, try the L/R bumpers + clicking the left stick.

But yes, in general it's a little trickier to create super-complicated ships on the consoles. You have to be a little more patient, and a little more careful.

7 hours ago, bewing said:

There is a general lack of buttons on a console controller to map everything. But there are 3 presets, and you can switch back and forth at any time, and between them I think you should have access to everything. In the Controls App, look for "Force Node Attachment" -- that should cover your first question. I think it's mapped in the Cursor preset at the very least, and it might also be in Radial.

For the second, I'm not sure if you're talking about Absolute vs. Relative placement/rotation modes? If so, in Cursor preset at least, try the L/R bumpers + clicking the left stick.

But yes, in general it's a little trickier to create super-complicated ships on the consoles. You have to be a little more patient, and a little more careful.

Thanks for the quick reply :), sorry to say none of these options worked though. I was just curious is all, it's still a great game to play. I'll just have to be patient.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.