KIS Backpack Question

Gargamel

OK.... twice in 24 hours I have to ask for help... I feel so ashamed :). lol

Using KIS.  I have a SC-62 container on a mount.  I have transferred the items I want to carry into the box, which is on a mount (actually it's now floating free, thought hitting 'release' might help).  My Kerbal is snuggled right up next to it, well within range.  I am clicking and dragging the box into His inventory, but it is not attaching.  Nothing is happening.  The second box that is still in the inline container will attach nicely, and back, to the Kerbal, but I can't get the items into that one while it's in storage. 

I have RTFM'd, section 7.  Says to click and drag.  No joy.  Googling has brought up nothing beyond that.  In the manual it shows a little green hand appearing on the container to click and drag.  I am not getting that. 

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug with my install? 

12 hours ago, dantedarkstar said:

You have to switch to "grab" mode (which results in the little green hand cursor when over part) by pressing G to move any anything already placed in world around.

I think I seen that in the manual though.

Thank you sir!  I missed that in the manual. 

On 2/3/2018 at 11:46 PM, Vanamonde said:

Why not ask in the thread for whatever mod this is? 

I have no idea why that didn't occur to me... my bad. 

• 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem.  In orbit, I have the backpack floating next to my engineer.  I can xfer items from the backpack inventory to the engineer's inventory, but when I try to grab (using H) the backpack and put it in the engineer's inventory, nothing happens.  The SC-62 turns green when using the G key but once I drag the hand over the inventory items of the kerbal, it doesnt show up.

this is exactly what I did.  When holding down the G key with the mouse hovering over the container, it turns green.  But holding down the mouse pad does nothing.  I can drag tools around but not the box itself for some reason.  Even restarted the game.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:07 PM, dangros said:

this is exactly what I did.  When holding down the G key with the mouse hovering over the container, it turns green.  But holding down the mouse pad does nothing.  I can drag tools around but not the box itself for some reason.  Even restarted the game.

Post some logs so we can see what's going on when you try to grab the container. Also you should go through the KIS Troubleshooting wiki.

32 minutes ago, dangros said:

seems to be something with windows 10 via bootcamp.  When using my mouse it works fine but when using my touch pad (macbook pro), it usually doesnt work.

I don't think KSP (not just KIS) works well with touchpads. I've never had luck with my Dell Windows 10 laptop. It didn't seem to be able reliable picking up keys being held in addition to mousepad movement. I've always had to grab an external mouse to get full functionality. But, the laptop is also not the main PC I use for KSP, so my experience is limited.

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2019 at 11:31 PM, Tonka Crash said:

I don't think KSP (not just KIS) works well with touchpads. I've never had luck with my Dell Windows 10 laptop. It didn't seem to be able reliable picking up keys being held in addition to mousepad movement. I've always had to grab an external mouse to get full functionality. But, the laptop is also not the main PC I use for KSP, so my experience is limited.

What i do in that case is press the key i want, then another redundant key, then I can move the mouse. Annoying I know but it is the only way for me to fully enjoy ksp with the absolutely awesome mod that is KIS thanks to @IgorZ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.