Stock guns

39 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Oh, ok then! For that I use the radial decoupler attached to sepeartrons. Separatrons make awesome ammo.

Seperatrons on radial decouplers are more like launchable rockets (specifically two seperatrons mirrored on either side of a radial decoupler) that you can stack on top of one another to make things like air-to-surface rocket pods on ground-attack craft.  Not really possible to make a friable machine gun in stock, but you can make things that look like they could be a machine gun in stock.  I have seen the M-Beam 200 I-Beam Pocket Edition used as a frame for weapons, with things like the Communotron 16 as a barrel.

Was that supposed to be sarcastic? Obviously it is. There are mods that give you the possibility of using weapons:

Look at the parts in your unmodded save. Do you see any belts? Firing mechanisms? Parts that are twelve millimeters in diameter? Is your Communotron 16 bored through like a barrel? No, it's a perfectly average antenna. You can't make actual guns in unmodded KSP, so you have to stick with rocket propelled projectiles, or go the modding way.

2 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

So you want fake machineguns? Because if you want to make actual stock, belt-fed 50 cals or something, that is impossible.

Don't say that too loudly, @klond might hear you.

eIMbGci.png

And it is possible to create a number of machine-gun like turrets. Most rely on dropping small parts (this one uses thermometers, but some use RCS balls instead) in front of a jet/rocket engine. However, it isn't practical to use a belt-feed system. Instead, they are typically hopper-fed.

This is a particularly good example:

https://kerbalx.com/klond/rapidfire-cannon

20 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

This is going to end up being craft sharing, and so the thread has been moved to the craft sharing subforum. 

So true, Any ways I have tried my hand at railguns that could possibly fire pretty large pieces of ammo (1.25m stack decoupers) and you could even apply a spin by rolling while firing (make sure the gun is centered for this)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.