[1.9.*, 1.10.*, 1.11.*] DockRotate - lightweight robotics - rotational control on docking ports (plus NodeRotate, make any part rotate)

peteletroll

@Psycho_zs, I added MotorPoint to my github repository.

• the LICENSE.md file is updated to include a MIT license for MotorPoint;
  • the texture paths in MotorPoint.cfg are updated to work with the DockRotate directory structure;
  • I halved the resolution of model000.dds to limit the size of the download and the memory consumption.

Let me know if you're OK with that, then I'll release!

• 2 weeks later...

Not functioning for me on KSP 1.4.3 / MacOS. It installs, the rotation enable/disable button shows up, but nothing else. Action groups show up and can be added but no rotation occurs when triggered. I do have 50+ mods installed so who knows if it's a real issue or not. 

Edit: nevermind, I didn't have two ports connected. my bad. 

Edited by slackitude

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm adding a feature to DockRotate to save action group keys: if you press Alt (modifier key, right shift on Linux) all the rotation actions are reversed; for example, if "1" rotates a port clockwise, "Alt-1" will rotate it counterclockwise.

Does any of you suggest a different key for action rotation reverse?

This, is simply amazing. I've got my KSS (ISS), completely misalgned, spend hours and hours, rotating the ports on eva (with KAS), plenty bugs, etc.. Should solve all my problems.

And iIs this compatible with ksp 1.3.1 ?

EDIT: sorry just saw it was compatible in CKAN, trying it now!

Edited by kurgut

New release!

This is the Robotic Arm Release, and should make building sophisticated moving structures possible, like grappling arms.

The scarcity of action group keys is compensated by the availability of reverse action rotation via Mod key.

Docking and undocking while moving are now fully supported.

A lot of stuff changed under the hood: I tested this release a lot, but be careful anyway.

Have fun!

I made a test arm, you can move it with 1, Mod-1, 2, Mod-2, 3, Mod-3, 4, Mod-4.

(It all started here. And now after a few months I have it!)

Edited by peteletroll

On 7/6/2018 at 1:27 PM, peteletroll said:

@fitemesquirrel, don't forget to try the NodeRotate parts by @Psycho_zs, included in the DockRotate distribution.

It took me a bit to test this out, I spent a stupid amount of time making a tiny mod to make a small "control from here" node to orient my rovers. Everything works great, though I'm not really sure how to use and test the NodeRotate parts. There isn't much documentation on what parts those are on and how to use them. Can you clarify? 

9 hours ago, fitemesquirrel said:

Ah okay. Yeah I tested those out also and they worked great. Thanks!

A point to note, the NodeRotate parts don't seem to work unless they have a node attached to them on both sides. I was just fighting with getting them to work again and was very confused as to why they weren't working, but it seems you cannot surface attach parts to them and have them work. You have to attach a node first, then surface mount your other parts to that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...