[1.9.*, 1.10.*, 1.11.*] DockRotate - lightweight robotics - rotational control on docking ports (plus NodeRotate, make any part rotate)

peteletroll

I'm adding a new feature: it's called "Flip Flop Reverse" now, but I'm open to suggestions for better names.

When activated on a rotating part, it will toggle the "Reverse Rotation" flag after every rotation command. It can be used for deployable/retractable vessel parts: if you configure an action group for deploy and set the flip flop flag, using the same action group a second time will perform the same motion in reverse.

As an example, if you configure action group 1 on a VTOL to rotate engine nacelles from takeoff to flight configuration, and enable the flip flop mode on the rotating joints, hitting 1 again will put the nacelles back to takeoff configuration, ready to repeat the cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, peteletroll said:

A good start! I'd recommend two counter rotating propellers with some sort of variable pitch.

Oh im already doing that with normal stock props, about 10-15 small reaction wheels each. But if you wanna have as much force as that with this mod you should chain 2 or 3 together 

Having an issue on a reinstall, put in latest DR, after docking my science lab to my station, I enable rotation, for this example it shows a -150 degree angle on my clamp o tron.

Hitting rotate to snap the numbers change, and the module is rotating, but after the "movement" is complete it reverts back to the -150 angle shown.

22 hours ago, peteletroll said:

@RW-1, I definitely need more information. Does the previous version of DockRotate have the same bug? Could you share your savefile?

Hi, sorry for the delay ...

Yes, I believe the previous version had it, though unfortunately I couldn't tell  you what it was, I hadn't updates the mod in a while, may have been in the 1.3 or 14. range.

Here is my persistent file (was that correct?)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_QwnHJGbxHhHMmBe2rsrF2MP9bC422RH

@RW-1, you have some ports with Smart Autostruts disabled. It's usually enabled by default. I was able to reproduce your problem on your Mun station (most of your career didn't load because of missing parts), and I fixed it by enabling Smart Autostruts on both sides of the rotating joint. Let me know if this works for you too.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:38 AM, peteletroll said:

@RW-1, you have some ports with Smart Autostruts disabled. It's usually enabled by default. I was able to reproduce your problem on your Mun station (most of your career didn't load because of missing parts), and I fixed it by enabling Smart Autostruts on both sides of the rotating joint. Let me know if this works for you too.

Hi,

First off, thanks! This mod is indispensable, if JSP were like google, they would bake it in (but maybe pay you to do so ... :)  )

To my knowledge I didnt know I had smart autostruts on for anything. I knew though that you would figure out what was going on though.

Will install the new release, but also check your fix by enabling on both sides in my current loadout. (loading as I type)

PS, most of that career didn't load, because earlier in the week I removed missing history mod or upgraded and it broke a few things, I had to rebuild my Station II which I felt would be easier to do that troubleshooting that issue down, it was when I was trying to align modules I ran into the reported issue. It was sad, I had that loadout since 1.5.1, but a fresh start isn't all bad ...

Yes, I could reproduce, now testing with the new release...

Ahh, so sweet to have it back! you're the best ... Many thanks!

Edited by RW-1