[1.9.*, 1.10.*, 1.11.*] DockRotate - lightweight robotics - rotational control on docking ports (plus NodeRotate, make any part rotate)

peteletroll

@peteletroll uhh... I *think* I am experiencing an issue with the new update and ReStock support :P ...
Investigating nao... I'll post back Soon™ with definitive findings, and hopefully the (simple) fix...
Figured I'd post there *might* be an issue, just to head off others coming to report something

Edited by Stone Blue

1st issue is the URL for the radialattachmentPoint got buggered in the whitelist

it is:                      Squad/Parts/radialAttachmentPoint/

*should* be:       Squad/Parts/Utility/radialAttachmentPoint/

O...M...G...

Just found it :P@peteletroll

So I checked a bunch of the easy things first, and just before starting to look into moar complicated possibilities, I just found the problem...
It was the single *easiest* thing that I missed :roll_eyes:

Yes, both issues are in the whitelist file.

Current whitelist entries:

Squad/Parts/radialAttachmentPoint/
    Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/model

They need to be *THIS*:

Squad/Parts/Utility/radialAttachmentPoint/
    Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/

1st issue was the missing /Utility/ in the URL, 2nd is specifying /model in the URL
By specifiying /model, its saying its ok to load the needed .mu, but *dont* load the needed textures...

Just using the folder, and not specifying anything *in* the folder, will let *everything* in the folder load :P

Cant believe I missed that right off :face_palm:

Edited by Stone Blue

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Current whitelist entries:

Squad/Parts/radialAttachmentPoint/
    Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/model

They need to be *THIS*:

Squad/Parts/Utility/radialAttachmentPoint/
    Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/

1st issue was the missing /Utility/ in the URL, 2nd is specifying /model in the URL
By specifiying /model, its saying its ok to load the needed .mu, but *dont* load the needed textures...

Just using the folder, and not specifying anything *in* the folder, will let *everything* in the folder load :P

Cant believe I missed that right off :face_palm:

I must have been more tired than I thought when i wrote that, and I really should spend more time on these things... The radial attachment point thing was me overlooking the Utility folder, but the fuel tank was just me forgetting about the textures and putting in the path from the part files. Sorry if this caused any major inconveniences.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

Is it possible to toggle Rotation enabled/disabled via action group?

Perhaps I should elaborate.  If I several parts that are rotating through an action group, I want to stop the rotation of some of those parts but continue to have the remaining parts respond to action groups.

So If I disable rotation on a part that is rotating, I'd like it to come to a stop and not respond to further actions that rotate it until it is enabled again.

Edited by Devoblue
More info

@Devoblue, it could take a little longer than I expected. The problem is the handling of two actions at the same time: if you enable rotation and start rotation with the same key, the result may change with the order of events; if the sequence is enable-then-rotate, everything is fine, but if the order is rotate-then-enable nothing will move. I'll keep you posted.

So, It works fine in space, but on land, once the port starts to rotate, the ports and whatever is attached to it falls down a bit and then the ports don't align once its finished. Any way to fix this?

Edited by Cosmic920
New problem