[1.9.*, 1.10.*, 1.11.*] DockRotate - lightweight robotics - rotational control on docking ports (plus NodeRotate, make any part rotate)

peteletroll

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With all of these brand-new BG expansion robot parts, my mind immediately drifted back to DockRotate--not the least of which because of the awesome sounds you incorporated. It's one of the first mods I've re-added to my new career setup.

As with Chatterer, wheel sounds, etc. Much of KSP's atmosphere is wildly improved with some audio cues. Any notion of what it would take to plug some sounds into the new parts? I've not looked into their files much yet. 

Edited by Beetlecat

8 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Any notion of what it would take to plug some sounds into the new parts?

There's a soundClip entry in the ModuleDockRotate and ModuleNodeRotate cfg. It doesn't appear in the cfg files in the distribution, but you can see it in the savefiles.

By the way, the DockRotate sound is stolen from Infernal Robotics :wink:

3 hours ago, peteletroll said:

There's a soundClip entry in the ModuleDockRotate and ModuleNodeRotate cfg. It doesn't appear in the cfg files in the distribution, but you can see it in the savefiles.

By the way, the DockRotate sound is stolen from Infernal Robotics :wink:

Heh. You can see how much of an IR user I was... ;)

That definitely seems the like the better tree to bark up. TY!

I think, whether this mod will gain further compability with KJRnext because of the new robotic part state API in 1.7.2?(https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/184025-wip-kerbal-joint-reinforcement-next/ seems to be mentioned in the "Info For Developers" section)

As far as I've seen currently this mod just excludes all the docking ports from KJRn (Welp... Actually I can't confirm this), making crafts more wobbly.

1 hour ago, Miracle Magician said:

I think, whether this mod will gain further compability with KJRnext because of the new robotic part state API in 1.7.2?

@Rudolf Meier and I have been working on this for a while. Most of the work is done, I just need some time to properly test it before release.

1 hour ago, Miracle Magician said:

As far as I've seen currently this mod just excludes all the docking ports from KJRn

You're probably referring to KJR Continued here.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Psycho_zs said:

It's in current master I presume?

Yes, I can send you a recompiled version if you need.

There's the new module parameters autoSnap and hideCommands.

Edited by peteletroll

Some controls are still visible in PAW.

BkwG1sv.png

Ports have:

captureMinRollDot:NEEDS[DockRotate] = 0.99904822
snapRotation = true

DockRotate.cfg has:

autoSnap = true
hideCommands = true

What does autoSnap do exactly? In one attempt with autoSnap=true in config I've got 179 degrees, but in other attempts with debug version and both switching autoSnap back and forth, I always had round numbers.