[1.9.*, 1.10.*, 1.11.*] DockRotate - lightweight robotics - rotational control on docking ports (plus NodeRotate, make any part rotate)

peteletroll

20 minutes ago, peteletroll said:

No, rotating control (right-click menu and actions) is available only on the parts that have ModuleNodeRotate activated.

In case of BZ-52, it may be hard to click on it in some situations.

3 minutes ago, peteletroll said:

Well, controls can be activated only on parts that actually have the module.

ok, let's worry about clickability later.

You can make an example patch that modifies existing BZ-52.

I'll experiment with retexturing in a day or so, we'll see where that can lead.

Edited by Psycho_zs

Thanks! I happen to have photos of my old ripped open floppy drive lying around.

The whole would-be distribution is just one config and one texture. There are paths to stock stuff in the config, but no stock stuff itself.

6 hours ago, Gnoyze said:

Is there an option for free rotation? (aka, parts being allowed to spin freely, stock trailer hitches and rotors for example)

No, there is not. Permanent part motion (free or motorized) is currently out of scope for this mod.

1 hour ago, Psycho_zs said:

Would you be interested in including it as an optional extra to NodeRotate?

Well, is it going to be just an example, or is it going to grow into a set of rotating parts? I'm fine with bundling it with DockRotate, but maybe it could deserve its own distribution.

A small note on the new textures: the electric motor looks great, but, as you noted, it's not going to be visible when the ship is in flight. Could you add some noticeable detail on the outer cylinder, to make it look different from the stock radial attachment?

I don't think I'll make a set. And radial point's rim does not have enough real estate to put something there and make it look nice.

I have some ideas about making this thing from other stock parts, but of course a proper solution would be to dust off Blender and make a couple from scratch. I do not know when I will manage to do any, can be hours or months )

Meanwhile, you may do whatever you want with this thing

17 hours ago, Psycho_zs said:

Meanwhile, you may do whatever you want with this thing

Thanks a lot @Psycho_zs, I will add your contribution to next DockRotate release (probably when 1.4.3 is out, if no other bugs appear). Do you want to add any license information, or can I just bundle it with an authorship note?

BTW, I love the description!