[1.9.*, 1.10.*, 1.11.*] DockRotate - lightweight robotics - rotational control on docking ports (plus NodeRotate, make any part rotate)

peteletroll

Captured the error after i re-joined the Harvester to the station. You don't see this in the video but I'm pressing the action groups for the engines to get them to rotate and nothing is happening. However you can clearly see that the CC and CCW buttons are not shown.

LOG

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c7IojrAZbDvHI-u1tajgCv-hzCYZv0qh/view?usp=sharing

Video 

Edited by Redacted

12 hours ago, peteletroll said:

@cjones, your log shows some NRE. Here's a link to a new DockRotate.dll: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QEH-c98fAUcCww1XPeK_sY5MF9fC8Rpx

I can't test it until I get back home. Can you let me know if it works better for you?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks @Redacted! I'll keep you posted.

@peteletroll, that did the trick!  Everything is back to normal on the ships I know had the problem before.  I'll let you know if I see any others. :)

6 hours ago, peteletroll said:

Any news, @Angel-125? I'm curious...

Well, things are still in planning. What I want to do is make a rotating service tower. Back a rocket onto the structure, dock with it. Then rotate the tower vertical. Think Falcon 9. I haven’t had a chance to flesh that out yet though. It would be for an X-33 type mod, but the concept could also apply to traditional rockets too.

Sweet! Looking forward to kOS control once they release the patch that makes kOS not work with wind tunnel.

Meanwhile... can I suggest a smaller size version (-1) of the motors. For some operations they seem too big vs. real world.

Here is an example of unfolding solar arms in orbit. It works fine, but motors are a bit too large - even the smallest ones. Speed is minimal to keep it from shaking.

BTW I just got Infernal robotics 3.x to work on 1.7, and while they have more parts, this is a MUCH better motor mod that handles time warp and acceleration.

Thanks @Atlas Gaming, much appreciated!

About motor size: I've heard DockRotate works fine with PicoPorts.

Making new motors is very easy if you're good at graphics. @Psycho_zs contributed the parts included in the distribution, but really any part can be converted to a motor: I'll be happy to help with that, but we need a part designer first...

Edited by peteletroll