Is there a mod for this

Mudkip909

I'm afraid not. An asteroid is a procedural generated object, probe is a 'ship' that consists out of parts. 
Maybe it could be possible, but not without the input of the player itself. 

Also, for with what for objective?

1 hour ago, DrLicor said:

Maybe it could be possible, but not without the input of the player itself. 

Not necessarily.  It wouldn't have to procedurally generate the probes, could just pull from a pool of pre-assembled crafts included with the mod.

I'm also not sure why someone would want it, but it sounds like a pretty good mod for someone who's just getting into it to make.

10 hours ago, DrLicor said:

I'm afraid not. An asteroid is a procedural generated object, probe is a 'ship' that consists out of parts.

Well ACKTSHUALLY... :P 

Asteroids are single-part spacecraft. That is why they can be grappled with the claw: it's simply a force-docking operation of two spacecraft. There is even a rare bug where the base part (called potatoroid) shows up in the VAB. You can search the forum for topics on this issue. You can also find the config file in your KSP install.

You are correct though in stating that probes, being made out of multiple parts, are not nearly as easily spawned. Now, if you had a probe that was just a single part... all you'd have to do would be swapping out the config file.

Edited by Streetwind

Someone has to make the craft but Contract Configurator has the ability to spawn them randomly as part of contracts. I don't know for a fact, but I think it can even spawn them without you taking the contracts or even having the contracts be about the things spawned, so in theory you could do it covertly without the player being aware of how you pulled it off (other than requiring they use CC of course :) )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.