Associating mods with saves?

Wcmille

What's the best way to associate certain mods with certain saves, so that when I use one save game, I get a certain set of mods, but when I use a different savegame, other mods are used?

Looks like CKAN can handle the heavy lifting, but I'd still need to reconfigure before launching KSP, right?

Is there something more streamlined?

2 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

Or something I've heard people do is having multiple Gamedata folders and naming the ones you're not using something like GameData.stock.

That's what I do.  But I don't switch often.  If you've got the room and are playing different sets and switching frequently, multiple installs might be better.

MultiGameData.png

12 hours ago, Geonovast said:

That's what I do.  But I don't switch often.  If you've got the room and are playing different sets and switching frequently, multiple installs might be better.

MultiGameData.png

Just out of curiosity, how does CKAN work with such a setup? or do you have to install mods manually?

1 minute ago, Jas0n said:

Just out of curiosity, how does CKAN work with such a setup? or do you have to install mods manually?

I don't use CKAN.  Tried once, but it didn't want to play well with WINE, and it's so easy to install mods manually that I didn't want to spend more than 2 seconds messing with it.  But I would presume that it would work with whatever GameData folder you have active, i.e. just called "GameData".  Unless it keeps a log itself and doesn't scan the folder to see what you have installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.