Versus - Release 3 "Eagle and the Hound" 1.4.x

XOC2008

For those that struggle with finding that perfect part or put together that perfect fighter fuselage, this is the mod for you. Brought to you by SM Associates @XOC2008 and @TheKurgan (with some excellent modelling by @SpannerMonkey(smce)!), we bring you Versus!

Versus was created with two things in mind, lower part count aircraft to utilize BDArmory and related mods more efficiently, and to put together head-to-head match-ups between aircraft of similar style and function. These fuselages are all-in-one, including cockpit, radar, engine, ammo, and fuel. (On some occasions, the fuselage will also have a weapon integrated such as with the F-15 in this initial release.)

Versus contains the following parts:

F-15 Fuselage with inegrated 20mm

MiG-31 Fuselage

Su-25 Fuselage

3 F-15 droptanks in varied sizes

2 Pilot Pitot parts for WM and AI function

FAB-100, 250, 500, and 5000 bombs (assets from NKD, rescaled and edited for current BDAc compatibility.)

You will of course also need to outfit the vessel with wings, landing gear, control surfaces, weapons, and whatever various odds and ends you'd like.

To note: This mod is intended for "full size" aircraft. Tweakscale is not supported, as it can and will most likely alter the weight and flight characteristics with disastrous results. Thrust, velocity, and atmospheric curves have been toiled over to get the most realistic performance we can squeeze out of these aircraft. This mod was designed for and with Stock aero, as such FAR is not supported, but if this works in FAR then all the better for those users.

Versus is CC BY-ND 4.0

I know, no pics no clicks! :wink:

Spoiler

j41qM2O.jpg

YANXRZD.jpg

IFATcMJ.jpg

tb7K9Ad.jpg

Download on Spacedock or Dropbox.

Recommended (but not required) Mods:

BDArmory Continued - Required for pilot pitot part to function

SM Armory

SMI Missiles and Launchers - Full of missiles, especially some perfect Russian ones to outfit your vodka fueled planes.

KWS - Cold War BDArmory Extension

Kerbal Foundries

Procedural Wings

Edited by XOC2008
Updated

5 hours ago, Abpilot said:

why that pun

LOL, it wasn't a good pun? :wink:

If lots of people download it and enjoy it... in other words, "if it takes off", like the planes taking off... if they take off a lot, then the mod has taken off... and we will release more Versus!!

5 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

LOL, it wasn't a good pun? :wink:

If lots of people download it and enjoy it... in other words, "if it takes off", like the planes taking off... if they take off a lot, then the mod has taken off... and we will release more Versus!!

No, its a good pun but it wasn’t necessary 

As a side note, if you like this mod and want to suggest a Vs match-up, feel free. We'll be happy to consider any ideas, but that doesn't mean that anything will get made. Cold War, Modern, Vietnam era, Korean War era. Try to keep them closely matched either by function or era, like the F-15 and the MiG-31, or a MiG-21 and an F-4E or something.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

None, I did it through the color setting of the Procedural wings themselves.

BUT

It may have been an earlier version of Pwings... so that may not be as easy now.

Edited by TheKurgan

On 6/26/2018 at 12:05 PM, D06P0 said:

Hello!
Thank you for this wonderful mod!
I can not enter IVA mode and there is no cucumber icon in flight (in the hangar the pilot is assigned).
So it should be? Or am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like something is interfering, possibly another mod. Both cockpits have a full IVA, and everything is fully 1.4.x compatible.

6 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Похоже, что что-то мешает, возможно, другой мод. Оба кабины имеют полный IVA, и все полностью совместимо с 1.4.x.

Steam weights 1.4.xx, without mods, perhaps plugins / modules are needed?

watched files CFG  this mod, "I do not see the broblem". but  i cant IVA/!

Perhaps this problem occurs when you start with the settings of the game in a specific language (DB for example) (I use the Russian)

5 hours ago, D06P0 said:

Steam weights 1.4.xx, without mods, perhaps plugins / modules are needed?

watched files CFG  this mod, "I do not see the broblem". but  i cant IVA/!

Perhaps this problem occurs when you start with the settings of the game in a specific language (DB for example) (I use the Russian)

The only mod this utilizes would be BDAc for the AI pilot parts and the integrated weapon on the F-15.

• 4 weeks later...

Versus has been updated. It is fully 1.4.X compatible, running fine on 1.4.5. Several new parts have been added:

Su-25 Frogfoot fuselage and example craft.

FAB-100, 250, 500, and 5000 bombs (Assets from NKD CC-by SA 4.0), rescaled to match real world dimensions, and edited to reflect changes in BDAc.

Added a Custom Category "OCEnterprises".

Download on Spacedock or Dropbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.