Stock Antonov AN-225 Mriya Replica

The Antonov AN-225 Mriya was a large cargo aircraft designed to carry cargo of up to 250 metric tonnes that was designed and developed by the Ukraine based company Antonov in the years 1984 to 1988. The Mriya was designed to carry large payloads both inside it's large cargo hold as well as on top of the aircraft. The Mriya was designed with launch vehicles such as the MAKS project in mind, this influenced numerous design elements including the twin vertical tail fins which left the aircraft's rear clear for rocket exhaust to pass through. However, said feature only saw service in transporting the Soviet space shuttle Buran. The Mriya holds the title as being the longest and having the widest wingspan of any aircraft in operation, as well as having the largest maximum take-off mass of any aircraft ever built at 640 metric tonnes. The name Mriya is Ukrainian for "Dream", which I think you can agree is a truly accurate name to this colossus of an aircraft. 

c2Lx2GM.jpg

Pi33qNv.jpg

3cK78q6.jpg

EfFeC8L.jpg

Part Count: 979
Length: 87.5m
Wingspan: 88.3m
Mass: 640.3 tons

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/Kronus_Aerospace/Kronus-Antonov-AN-225-Mriya

Performance:

-Rotation Speed: 60 m/s
-Cruising Altitude: 7500m
-Max Speed at CRZ ALT: 222.7 m/s (exactly the same as the real thing)
-Stall Speed: 40 m/s
-Maneuverability: Surprisingly okay

For more images as well as additional information, please check out the KerbalX page!

Edited by Kronus_Aerospace
Correction

5 hours ago, Servo said:

This is a beast of a plane and a beautiful replica! Great work, man. The only real suggestion I have is making the nose a little bit rounder than it is now.

That would be a good improvement to make, however it would require a lot more work than you would think, since the main fuselage is made up of 2 side by side fairings they don't actually meet. And if the nose were to be made more rounded they would poke through (which they still kinda do), So I would have to shorten those fairings and build the nose out of significantly more parts since it would have to be built up to compensate. Besides, If I were to redesign this thing, the nose would be lower on the list compared to other things I'd want to change. The sheer complexity of this craft is honestly ridiculous. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.