Ore to Kerbin Mission

Hi guys, I'm newbe in this forum, and I got trouble with one mission:

mine 1000 ore on minmus - OK

bring to kerbin 1000 ore - OK

stability 10 sec - OK

have 1000 ore on your vehicle - NOPE !!!

So, have on your vehicle? I dont understand why I cant achieve this point, I'had mined it yet (1050 first time and exactly 1000 the second), bring back with 20 parachutes... What am I doing wrong?

5 hours ago, big2142 said:

Hi guys, I'm newbe in this forum

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

I've taken the liberty of splitting your question into a topic of its own, and moving it to "Gameplay Questions", since you had it appended to the end of a thread elsewhere that had been lying dormant for over a year.  I expect you're more likely to find answers this way.  :wink:

5 hours ago, big2142 said:

mine 1000 ore on minmus - OK

bring to kerbin 1000 ore - OK

stability 10 sec - OK

have 1000 ore on your vehicle - NOPE !!!

So, have on your vehicle? I dont understand why I cant achieve this point, I'had mined it yet (1050 first time and exactly 1000 the second), bring back with 20 parachutes... What am I doing wrong?

Hmm, that's hard to say.  You're saying that you've landed on Kerbin, and your ship currently has 1000-or-more units of ore on it at the moment, and the little green check box next to "have 1000 ore on your vehicle" isn't checked?  Well, that's weird.

I can think of three possibilities.  In order of decreasing likeliness:

• Possibility 1:  You're doing something wrong, which is hard for us to help you with because it's something you haven't thought of and didn't specifically mention here because you didn't realize it was a thing.  (This happens to folks new to KSP all the time-- we've all been there.)  :wink:
  • Possibility 2:  It's some sort of momentary glitch that may be fixed if you save and then re-load the game.  (Occasionally contracts can be a little flaky this way-- anecdotally, some folks have had luck getting them un-stuck by just saving and re-loading.)
  • Possibility 3:  It's some more serious bug that's a genuine flaw in the game that's causing it to (incorrectly) not properly recognize the contract that you have, in fact, successfully completed.

Possibility 1 is, in my experience, the most likely (not because there's anything wrong with you, just that this sort of thing is a very common experience with new players).  However, without more information, it's hard for us to give specific advice to help you.  Could you post a screenshot or two?  Here's how to do that, if you're unfamiliar with the process:

Spoiler
  1. Take an in-game screenshot using F1.  It gets saved to the "Screenshots" folder of your KSP installation.
  2. Go to www.imgur.com.  (You don't need to make an account or anything, this works fine anonymously.)
  3. Click on the green "new post" button up top.
  4. Drag your image into the "drop image here" box that it pops up.
  5. As soon as the post is complete, right-click on the image on the imgur page and choose "Copy Image Location".
    • Important, not the URL of the page on Imgur.  You need the URL of the image, i.e. it should end in ".png".
  6. Paste that URL into your forum post here.  It'll get automagically converted into an in-line image.

Here's what we'd really like to see:

• A screenshot that shows the contract window open, so we can actually see what your contract is, and what all the conditions are.  (One common source of problems for new folks to KSP is that they miss some small-but-very-important bit of wording in the contract, and think they've satisfied it when they haven't.  Really gotta read the fine print.  So if you show us what the fine print is, we can help with that.)
  • A screenshot that shows the ship's resource panel open, so we can actually see exactly how many units of ore you have on board at the moment.

^ So that, above, is what we'd need to help you to diagnose the problem if it turns out to be possibility 1.

Possibility 2 is really quick and easy to check.  Just save and reload, and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, problem solved.  :)  If it doesn't, that means possibility 2 wasn't the case.

Possibility 3 is the is-all-else-fails one.  It's possible to use a cheat menu (via alt+F12) to force a contract to complete, regardless of whether the game thinks you've satisfied the conditions or not.  Yes, it's "cheating" ... but if there actually is a legitimate bug in the game, so that it's the game's fault and not yours that you're not getting credit, then it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

However, since you took the trouble to post here, I'm guessing you'd like to save that as a last resort.  So in the meantime:  can you try saving/reloading to see if that solves the problem?  And, if it doesn't, can you post some screenshots to help us help you?

Actually, I'd take TWO screenshots, the first showing the contract, and the second showing the ship's resources.  By the way, was the contract to Kerbin orbit or to land on Kerbin?  It shouldn't affect the ore-on-board condition, but I'd rather not assume, and both types of contract do show up...

1 minute ago, Kryxal said:

I'd take TWO screenshots, the first showing the contract, and the second showing the ship's resources.

Yes, like this:

9 minutes ago, Snark said:
  • A screenshot that shows the contract window open, so we can actually see what your contract is, and what all the conditions are.  (One common source of problems for new folks to KSP is that they miss some small-but-very-important bit of wording in the contract, and think they've satisfied it when they haven't.  Really gotta read the fine print.  So if you show us what the fine print is, we can help with that.)
  • A screenshot that shows the ship's resource panel open, so we can actually see exactly how many units of ore you have on board at the moment.

3 hours ago, Snark said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

I've taken the liberty of splitting your question into a topic of its own, and moving it to "Gameplay Questions", since you had it appended to the end of a thread elsewhere that had been lying dormant for over a year.  I expect you're more likely to find answers this way.  :wink:

Hmm, that's hard to say.  You're saying that you've landed on Kerbin, and your ship currently has 1000-or-more units of ore on it at the moment, and the little green check box next to "have 1000 ore on your vehicle" isn't checked?  Well, that's weird.

I can think of three possibilities.  In order of decreasing likeliness:

• Possibility 1:  You're doing something wrong, which is hard for us to help you with because it's something you haven't thought of and didn't specifically mention here because you didn't realize it was a thing.  (This happens to folks new to KSP all the time-- we've all been there.)  :wink:
  • Possibility 2:  It's some sort of momentary glitch that may be fixed if you save and then re-load the game.  (Occasionally contracts can be a little flaky this way-- anecdotally, some folks have had luck getting them un-stuck by just saving and re-loading.)
  • Possibility 3:  It's some more serious bug that's a genuine flaw in the game that's causing it to (incorrectly) not properly recognize the contract that you have, in fact, successfully completed.

Possibility 1 is, in my experience, the most likely (not because there's anything wrong with you, just that this sort of thing is a very common experience with new players).  However, without more information, it's hard for us to give specific advice to help you.  Could you post a screenshot or two?  Here's how to do that, if you're unfamiliar with the process:

Hide contents
  1. Take an in-game screenshot using F1.  It gets saved to the "Screenshots" folder of your KSP installation.
  2. Go to www.imgur.com.  (You don't need to make an account or anything, this works fine anonymously.)
  3. Click on the green "new post" button up top.
  4. Drag your image into the "drop image here" box that it pops up.
  5. As soon as the post is complete, right-click on the image on the imgur page and choose "Copy Image Location".
    • Important, not the URL of the page on Imgur.  You need the URL of the image, i.e. it should end in ".png".
  6. Paste that URL into your forum post here.  It'll get automagically converted into an in-line image.

Here's what we'd really like to see:

^ So that, above, is what we'd need to help you to diagnose the problem if it turns out to be possibility 1.

Possibility 2 is really quick and easy to check.  Just save and reload, and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, problem solved.  :)  If it doesn't, that means possibility 2 wasn't the case.

Possibility 3 is the is-all-else-fails one.  It's possible to use a cheat menu (via alt+F12) to force a contract to complete, regardless of whether the game thinks you've satisfied the conditions or not.  Yes, it's "cheating" ... but if there actually is a legitimate bug in the game, so that it's the game's fault and not yours that you're not getting credit, then it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

However, since you took the trouble to post here, I'm guessing you'd like to save that as a last resort.  So in the meantime:  can you try saving/reloading to see if that solves the problem?  And, if it doesn't, can you post some screenshots to help us help you?

OK, thank you so much for your atention!

Possibility 1, didnt work

Neither 2, so maybe its the third one?

https://imgur.com/a/67paF (the game is in spanish, but its easy to understand) the unchecked one says HAVE 1000 ORE ON YOUR VEHICLE. I've tried even with probes, rovers, planes and spaceplanes, but it is always the same

This is a really strange thing

2 hours ago, big2142 said:

https://imgur.com/a/67paF (the game is in spanish, but its easy to understand) the unchecked one says HAVE 1000 ORE ON YOUR VEHICLE. I've tried even with probes, rovers, planes and spaceplanes, but it is always the same

This is a really strange thing

Yes, that is very weird.

At least it's settled: your game is somehow bugged and, in that state, will never let you complete the contract. The only option to complete the contract would seem to be alt-F12.

I have no idea how it's possible. Maybe a bug related to the language pack?

Still, one thing you have probably guessed now is ... [spoiler alert... if you don't want to cheat at all don't look...]

Spoiler

... that the game doesn't actually care where the ore comes from. If the game had recognised the existence of 1000 units of ore on your last test, all of the checkboxes would have been checked and the contract would be complete...

Therefore merely launching a new ship after you had mined the ore on Minmus would have worked, and you didn't actually need to bring the ore and ship back from Minmus.

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

Acutally i have the same problem as mentioned above. I have two mining contracts and both are stuck at the point, that the ore is not recognized on board of the vessel. not on starting conditions, not in space and also not at the mining target (once mun, once minimus) after i extracted it freshly, also it makes no difference which container size i use. saving and rstarting doesn't work, also reinstalling doesn't work. this happend just after the new add on came in place, uninstalling this and just playing with the main game doesn't change the situation either.

having different kind of control units doesn't change it, having a drill and a converter, just a dril, just a converter or just a container also doesn't change the problem.

At this point I have no idea how to fix it, but it is horrible annoying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.