save and load to solve a contract

Have you ever solved a contract issue by saving and reloading the game?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever solved a contract issue by saving and reloading the game?

• Yes, often
    • yes, but not often
    • No. never tried
    • No. when I tried didn't solve my issue

This particular issue hasn't come up for me personally, but I have had cases of other unrelated problems that got solved by a save-and-reload, such as an odd getting-stuck problem that sometimes happens when I'm dropping multiple maneuver nodes.  So it's clear that the game is written in such a way that there is some potentially buggy state that's solved by re-loading (though of course that doesn't say anything one way or the other about how common such behavior may be around contracts).

1 hour ago, Snark said:

(though of course that doesn't say anything one way or the other about how common such behavior may be around contracts).

I've had it happen with contracts (although not recently) and as you say manoeuvre nodes. A craft sometimes becomes unresponsive for no apparent reason. Save, quit and re-start can than be a solution but is not guaranteed.

Was digging back through all the threads I've missed (plowing snow for about 100 hours in the last 10 days, plus my regular job; so I'm runnin' behind) when I saw this one. I've actually used this method twice. The first really was a satellite contract; which is why I always recommend trying it if a contract won't complete (provided you're going the right way :)). The second time might not count, though. It was for a base contract. When I landed, I realized the "Build a new base with a docking port...blah blah blah" wasn't lit anymore. Somehow I lost it along the way. I had landed right next to my return ship, so I just switched focus and then switched back. The light was lit again and, after a few seconds, the contract completed. Not exactly F5/F9 that time, but AI think the concept is the same. Sometimes reloading the ship can get things back on track. If you're having an issue with a contract, I think it's always at least worth a try.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.