Computer looses its marbles on startup of ksp

This is a repost from about 3 days ago, because no one decided to help me.

I tried playing ksp after a while of absence, and when i loaded it up, the frames were extremely choppy, making the game unplayable, but it wasn't just for the game's window. As long as ksp was open and running, it would make my desktop, search engine window, and any other application windows act up a lot. I've reinstalled ksp countless times, reinstalled module manager, reinstalled every single mod I use, and although it might work a few times when I start up the game, but after a certain amount of start-ups, it will make every frame that my screen displays all chopped and glitchy, and I had to reinstall ksp to make it stop. I don't know if I have a bad mod (I also checked each mod by starting up the game with only one mod at a time, and if it didn't act weird I considered it fine, although I am still not certain), or if I'm doing something else entirely wrong, but I would like to know what can be done to stop this.

My computer is a MacBook Pro 2016 with a core i7 and 8 gigs of RAM running on High Sierra.

These are the mods i am using

• [x] Science!
  • BasicDeltaV
  • BasicOrbit
  • BetterBurnTime
  • BetterTimeWarp
  • Chatterer
  • Contract Window
  • Docking Port Alignment
  • FMRS
  • EM Drive
  • Kerbal Engineer
  • Landing Aim
  • ManeuverNodeEvolved
  • RCSBuildAid
  • ReCoupler
  • SmartParts
  • StationPartsExpansion
  • StationPartsExpansionRedux
  • TransferwindowPlanner
  • Trajectory

Thank you for your time

edit as of now:

I think I've tracked down the problem being that it has something to do with the mods I have or ModuleManager. I'm still endlessly uninstalling and reinstalling ksp, seeing if certain mods are bugged or if i put a file in the wrong place, with no luck at all.

I probably would have logs to help you help me, but the game isn't "crashing", it's internally screwing my computer over in some unseen way, but as I said, I'm not sure.

Someone please respond, as I am very close to ripping my hair out

Edited by RedBee92

39 minutes ago, Galileo said:

A quick search brought this up and may explain things. 

Thank you so much for noticing my post. I greatly appreciate it.

I have indeed looked at that post and I have tried the different startup option, and it doesn't work. Downgrading my Mac from High Sierra to Sierra might be a good option, but as of now, I think there must be some other fit that is more practical than downgrading my OS

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I mean, that post is from one of the devs of KSP.. if she hasn’t posted an alternative, I doubt there is one..

Im not gonna give up and downgrade my OS because of some silly problem in a space simulator. If I downgrade, I'll have to sacrifice things like being more susceptible to hackers, incompatibility with other applications in use, slower performance, etc.

I'm not considering it as an option right now.

11 minutes ago, RedBee92 said:

Im not gonna give up and downgrade my OS because of some silly problem in a space simulator. If I downgrade, I'll have to sacrifice things like being more susceptible to hackers, incompatibility with other applications in use, slower performance, etc.

I'm not considering it as an option right now.

I understand that there are Linux distributions that will run on your hardware.  You wouldn't need to learn much to get one of those installed, and boot to it only for KSP.

Just an option.

13 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I understand that there are Linux distributions that will run on your hardware.  You wouldn't need to learn much to get one of those installed, and boot to it only for KSP.

Just an option.

Won’t I need to buy the whole game again if I try that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.