Liquid Engines won't restart after shutdown

Is anyone else having this issue with the xboxone version? Once I reach space and shut down my engines they will not restart (if I use time acceleration). It seems to happen if I throttle them down to zero as well, if I use time acceleration. Like for example if I am headed to the Mun and throttle down my engine, once I try to start a retro burn to enter orbit of Mun, my engine will not restart if I had shut them down earlier, or throttle back up if I use time acceleration. Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrectly? They seem to restart or throttle back up just fine, if I avoid using time acceleration.

Edited by EventHorizion
clarification

12 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

Are you running out electricity? If you are not getting sunlight on your panels and you warp time you wont be able to change orientation or restart motors.

I've included batteries and solar panels in my design and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Once I use time warp, I am unable to restart my engines, or use the throttle to regain thrust. It is very frustrating, as the trip to the Mun is too long to do it without using time warp. :( I get what you're saying about electricity, I can still orientate my ship, but have no control over thrust or engines.

3 hours ago, mikey117 said:

Its because we don't have physics timewarp available  on xbox atm. And your engines will not burn when above 4x time arp. It should work fine aslong as you do the burn at normal time/1x

So I guess the only way to get to the Mun and be able to restart my engines, is to never use time warp above 4X? I hope they release a patch that fixes this. And it does work fine as long as I do not use time warp, just a bit of a bummer trying to go to the Mun at 1X, will take forever. :)

Edited by EventHorizion
more info

I'm on a PS4, and I haven't had this issue with time warp. But I have heard that the physics warp is either hidden or gone, I haven't progressed enough to need it yet.

I'd try doing the transfer without the actual shutdown of the engine, just throttle all the way down to zero, orient the craft to make sure you avoid that electrical re-charge issue that keeps nailing me,  and try the time warp to a position and then see if it'll re-light.

It seems to me that I had something similar happen when the staging stack got messed up in the old version, I had to re-adjust the staging stack so I wasn't firing off a de-coupler, then press the restart engine in the pop-up window, then give some throttle and press the 'X' button ( I don't know what the Xbox equiv is) to actually fire the motor ( just like after staging).

If that doesn't help give all your details to the console bug section.

20 hours ago, EventHorizion said:

So I guess the only way to get to the Mun and be able to restart my engines, is to never use time warp above 4X? I hope they release a patch that fixes this. And it does work fine as long as I do not use time warp, just a bit of a bummer trying to go to the Mun at 1X, will take forever. :)

No you should still be able to use time warp. What I meant is after warping to the mun etc as long as you then make sure timewarp is back to 1x then your engines should work just fine. I've done multiple mun/minus missions and have also been to Duna and eve and back In career mode.

Timewarp has been working fine for me. 

Personally it's physics warp I'm hoping get fixed/added soon. 

On 2/9/2018 at 6:17 AM, mikey117 said:

No you should still be able to use time warp. What I meant is after warping to the mun etc as long as you then make sure timewarp is back to 1x then your engines should work just fine. I've done multiple mun/minus missions and have also been to Duna and eve and back In career mode.

Well I had the chance to examine this issue again, and once you leave the atmosphere, if you engage time warp at all, you lose the ability to use liquid engines. :( Pretty serious bug, since going to the Mun or any place else kind of requires time warp. I hope the heck they release a patch soon to fix this. I am bummed. Are you on an Xboxone?

Edited by EventHorizion

On 2/9/2018 at 6:17 AM, mikey117 said:

Are you playing this on an Xboxone? Cause I have tried to use time warp and no matter what I do, once I engage timewarp I can not throttle up or use liquid engines. :( What do you mean by physics time warp, what does that do?

Edited by EventHorizion

12 hours ago, EventHorizion said:

Are you playing this on an Xboxone? Cause I have tried to use time warp and no matter what I do, once I engage timewarp I can not throttle up or use liquid engines. :( What do you mean by physics time warp, what does that do?

Yeah I'm on xbox.

That's really strange I haven' had any issues with engines not working after using time warp . 

Physics warp is the time warp we can do while still on kerbin. (Launch a plane if your unsure what i mean) you will notice that while in atmosphere we can speed up to 4x time accelerate.

But once in space we can only do 5x and above. Although we should still be able to physics warp. This is actually missing atm( up to 4x is called physics warp as i t is still calculating physics for your vessel and allowing engines to continue burning etc)

Hope you get to the bottom of it though. Like I say I find it really strange that it is shutting  down your engines after time warping.

Just out of curiosity what control  preset are you using?

Im on cursor mode.

Wait a minute i just realised something about your post. You say you cant restart you Liquid fuel engines. 

You are using rocket engines and not liquid fuel only engines yeah? Because apart from the nuclear engines. Liquid fuel ones are air breathing. So obviously won't work in space.

Or you may have used some liquid fuel only tanks and some liquid fuel and oxidizer tanks. Which means you engines may have run out of oxidizer.

Probably a silly question, so please don' be offended. But we have all made really stupid mistakes in this game. So if this is the case don't sweat it. It's a steep learning curve with this game.

Edited by mikey117

3 hours ago, mikey117 said:

Yeah I'm on xbox.

That's really strange I haven' had any issues with engines not working after using time warp . 

Physics warp is the time warp we can do while still on kerbin. (Launch a plane if your unsure what i mean) you will notice that while in atmosphere we can speed up to 4x time accelerate.

But once in space we can only do 5x and above. Although we should still be able to physics warp. This is actually missing atm( up to 4x is called physics warp as i t is still calculating physics for your vessel and allowing engines to continue burning etc)

Hope you get to the bottom of it though. Like I say I find it really strange that it is shutting  down your engines after time warping.

Just out of curiosity what control  preset are you using?

Im on cursor mode.

Wait a minute i just realised something about your post. You say you cant restart you Liquid fuel engines. 

You are using rocket engines and not liquid fuel only engines yeah? Because apart from the nuclear engines. Liquid fuel ones are air breathing. So obviously won't work in space.

Or you may have used some liquid fuel only tanks and some liquid fuel and oxidizer tanks. Which means you engines may have run out of oxidizer.

Probably a silly question, so please don' be offended. But we have all made really stupid mistakes in this game. So if this is the case don't sweat it. It's a steep learning curve with this game.

Ok so this is really weird, I am using cursor mode too, and the thing is, my engines work fine in space right up until I use time acceleration then nothing. I am going to try using a different preset and see if that makes any difference. It doesn't make any sense that we are both using the same cursor mode and your engines work in space and mine do not. Thanks for the input. :)

1 minute ago, EventHorizion said:

Ok so this is really weird, I am using cursor mode too, and the thing is, my engines work fine in space right up until I use time acceleration then nothing. I am going to try using a different preset and see if that makes any difference. It doesn't make any sense that we are both using the same cursor mode and your engines work in space and mine do not. Thanks for the input. :)

Just to confirm, you are setting TimeWarp back to 1 before trying to use the engines?

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just to confirm, you are setting TimeWarp back to 1 before trying to use the engines?

Yes, I am. So it goes like this for me, I take off and head into space, once I get some where above 75,000 meters I shut off my engines, then say I accelerate 3X until I get close to where I want to be, and go back to 1X try to throttle back up my engines and nothing. Same thing happens if I shut them down, they will not restart. :( I know I have workable engine in space since if I do not use time acceleration they work fine.

1 minute ago, EventHorizion said:

Yes, I am. So it goes like this for me, I take off and head into space, once I get some where above 75,000 meters I shut off my engines, then say I accelerate 3X until I get close to where I want to be, and go back to 1X try to throttle back up my engines and nothing. Same thing happens if I shut them down, they will not restart. :( I know I have workable engine in space since if I do not use time acceleration they work fine.

Ok, it was somewhat unclear from the earlier postings.

Hopefully someone else can suggest a solution, I don't have a console to play with

• 4 months later...

Not sure if original question was ever solved, but i am on XBOX one and once i time warp and then get back to regular time,  (1x)  my engines do not refire as well which is making this game very time consuming trying to land on Mun.

2 hours ago, amusser said:

Not sure if original question was ever solved, but i am on XBOX one and once i time warp and then get back to regular time,  (1x)  my engines do not refire as well which is making this game very time consuming trying to land on Mun.

Well... have you gone out of time warp and throttled up? When you use time warp above 4, it shuts down the engines. You then have to start them up again. Or are you saying that even if you go to like 2x speed they stop working and won't turn on. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, amusser said:

well when im in space i can only warp at 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, etc.    its when im trying to get to mun and warp and then come out the engines wont fire.  plenty of fuel and electric charge and all that

So you're firing the engines after you've gone out of warp (or at 1x speed), and they don't want to start? You might have enough fuel, but you also need oxidizer. I have an idea: Using the Xbox DVR, record a short video about the problem. Upload it to YouTube, and then send it to the Forums. We'll be able to get a better idea of the issue from that. 

On 7/8/2018 at 4:41 PM, amusser said:

well when im in space i can only warp at 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, etc.    its when im trying to get to mun and warp and then come out the engines wont fire.  plenty of fuel and electric charge and all that

When you finish warping (bringing it down to 1x) are you closing the warp action?  When you stop warping you have to press circle (on PS4) to exit the warp action.  You will know if you haven’t if the warp arrow box in upper left corner is surrounded by a green outline.  A lot of functions will not work if you don’t.

Edited by OrganizedChaos

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, EventHorizion said:

Are you playing this on an Xbox one? Because I have tried to use time warp and no matter what I do, once I engage time warp I can not throttle up or use liquid engines. :( What do you mean by physics time warp, what does that do?

Can't use it after u leave atmosphere. How it fix?!?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.