Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion - Release Date Announcement

SQUAD

5 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

tumblr_inline_p3r4zaHfV01rr2wit_540.png

To me the red portion looks like an underlay with a rocket, and the blue portion is sort of an image that has a cutout to expose the red portion.  Like the blue patch is laid on top of the red patch, but missing that small bottom part, exposing the rocket engine and booster where the Kerbal body should be.

Yeah thats a weird logo for sure.  Why the kerbal's body is fused to a rocket is strange, and only some of the bottom o the rocket to boot.  It also bugs me how the top edge of the words "history pack" are uneven against the red edging.

I also think its kind of weird that Sputnik has what appears to be exhaust coming from it in the main MH logo.

6 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

His body shape is definitely fused into the rocket's thrusters though.

I guess that the arms could actually be his suit's collar but i'm not sure.

Trust me, if instead of a silhouette it was a fully rendered/textured Kerbal you would see that it's only the head and torso of a Kerbal with arms at its sides.

I will absolutely agree that it's easy to see arms and legs the way the image was made, but it doesn't look like that's what the artist intended. First off, Kerbal arms aren't that thin. Second, if those are legs why are they two wildly different sizes and only occupy two of the three boosters in such a weird way? And last, Kerbals are not that squat.

Squad has never depicted a Kerbal the way you are describing and I don't see why they would do so now and in such a poor manner. I'm positive it's just a bad composition and if the rocket shape was rotated clockwise a few more degrees or if the Kerbal was textured it would be more clear.

But I 100% agree in its current state it does look like a derpy, squat, skinny-armed, misshapen-legged Kerbal attempting self-powered flight.

If this is final art that makes it into the game or is used in adverts and/or on store pages it would be a shame. It's fine for a mock-up, but it needs work before I'd put it in/on a product. The lettering position/spacing being uneven bothers me too.

Edited by Mako

39 minutes ago, BLN said:

Anybody knows if the announced release on March 13th will be also available for Mac OS ? (1.4 + DLC) Thanks

The assumption is it will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as it always has been (at least since I've been an owner and forum-goer -- around beginning of 2013). Maybe it's been mentioned explicitly somewhere, but I can't imagine they'd stop providing Mac and Linux versions all of a sudden. And it's always been simultaneous releases.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:00 AM, SQUAD said:
The expansion also includes a bunch of new parts and astronaut suits inspired by the Space Race that you can use throughout Kerbal Space Program! 

How many parts exactly? Also, what sort of parts? (Science, engines, command, etc)

What if I bought the game through the kerbal space program store at http://kerbalspaceprogram.com? Will I have to get the DLC pack through there? Last I checked, the store was down, and I cannot get the DLC through steam, as steam would make me buy the actual game first, costing me $55 for DLC that only costs $15, and causing me to lose all of the progress I have gained. If anyone has answers to these questions, please post them.

32 minutes ago, dreadanaught said:

What if I bought the game through the kerbal space program store at http://kerbalspaceprogram.com? Will I have to get the DLC pack through there? Last I checked, the store was down, and I cannot get the DLC through steam, as steam would make me buy the actual game first, costing me $55 for DLC that only costs $15, and causing me to lose all of the progress I have gained. If anyone has answers to these questions, please post them.

They have already said that the store will be back for folks who bought KSP directly from the website. Your question was asked and answered, maybe in this thread or maybe in a Weekly. Unfortunately info is scattered all over the place and is easy to miss.

By the way, even if you bought the steam version now, you wouldn't lose progress. You could copy your saves between installs pretty easily.

Edited by Mako

3 minutes ago, Mako said:

They have already said that the store will be back for folks who bought KSP directly from the website. Your question was asked and answered, maybe in this thread or maybe in a Weekly. Unfortunately info is scattered all over the place and is easy to miss.

By the way, even if you bought the steam version now, you wouldn't lose progress. You could copy your saves between installs pretty easily.

Ok, thanks.

Will I need to purchase the DLC to get the parts or will that be shipped to all players for 1.4? I think that is kinda dumb considering there are mods with 1.875 meter parts, historical capsules, and whatnot for free so it doesn't make much sense to force people to pay for the parts (not the mission builder) unless they come with some miraculous functionality that requires access to hardcoded/unmoddable functions 

13 minutes ago, 0something0 said:

Will I need to purchase the DLC to get the parts or will that be shipped to all players for 1.4? I think that is kinda dumb considering there are mods with 1.875 meter parts, historical capsules, and whatnot for free so it doesn't make much sense to force people to pay for the parts (not the mission builder) unless they come with some miraculous functionality that requires access to hardcoded/unmoddable functions 

There are some new parts coming in the core game, but regarding the DLC parts, they're not forcing you to purchase anything.  You can still use the mods.

Edited by Raptor9

3 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

Does this fix the asteroid shape change glitch?

Making History is an expansion pack, not a core game update, so it's difficult to believe that it in itself will fix any bugs. Having said that, KSP is being upgraded to 1.4 at around the same time, so there will presumably be some bugs fixed there, though I don't know which specific ones.